1. Default Southperry References

The observant will have noticed we have a new sub-menu on the forum tab - References.

This is intended to be a quick intra-site bookmarklet as it were of random bits of information that people need and don't want to hunt for but probably don't need often enough to bookmark for themselves.

Hopefully it will help people find those helpful but sometimes hard to figure out where they got put threads.

List is obviously going to change over time, feel free to suggest additions and changes.
    Last edited by Eos; 2012-10-03 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Removed redundant "Southperry"s from the submenu for length.

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Southperry References

that's pretty neato, at first i thought it'd be about something else...

3. Default Re: Southperry References

Hey, that's pretty neat. Great idea, Eos.

4. Default Re: Southperry References

Suggestions:

Remove:
    All potential bonuses
    Recipe List

Add:
    Either this or this (Both are a little outdated but nothing major I don't think)
    Skill Chaining
    Boss Thread (Missing some but good info)

pineapple &title.

5. Default Re: Southperry References

If you're going to recommend a removal you should probably indicate why.

6. Default Re: Southperry References

They're both outdated.
    Cindy hasn't played since Pre-Big Bang so her list is really old. We have monster cards now so the recipe drop-list isn't worth keeping. Not to mention I haven't updated it in months.

7. Default Re: Southperry References

I'll be happy to replace Cindy's as soon as I figure out where the most current list is. It's buried in an extraction somewhere I think.

This one is rather arguable since you'd have to have the cards in question to know what's dropped by them.
    This is a game where people leave for weeks, months, years at a time then come back wanting to know how things work now, after all.

8. Default Re: Southperry References

I'd like to suggest the Profession Recipe Guide. I have it bookmarked and it is useful to know what you need before you use a recipe that might have a one-day time limit or consider selling a recipe that might have unattainable ingredients.

9. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Is References only for threads? I wonder if splitting the contents of Quick Links somewhere into Community, Forum Actions, and References would be a bad idea. The sub-menu under Forum looks a little cluttered to me.

10. Donator Straight Male
    panama

both are somewhat related. but for the drop list and the profession guide, are they really necessary? they'd have to be updated by hand every time something new comes, and there's maplearchive that automatically does so every patch (unless you want southperry to have it's own)

the current potential list is in the latest extraction actually. along with the new potential. we'd be lacking a nebulite list though, which is probably on some other extraction

11. Default Re: Southperry References

Quick links can't be removed easily, it's stock, so taking half the content from it wouldn't accomplish much.

12. Default Re: Southperry References

You do understand the purpose of a website is to have people visit it, not to tell them to go elsewhere, yes?

13. Default Re: Southperry References

Ooh, this is great. Now I don't need bookmarks.

Have you thought about making some sort of SP Guides sub-menu? Or maybe its pointless...

14. Default Re: Southperry References

It was next on the list (hence making more space) the eternal problem of course is determining what's up to date and what's not.

15. Donator Straight Male
    panama

absolutely!, my main point was this one:
    that unless it automatically updated itself, updating it manually would be... i'm at a loss for the word, uhh, problematic i guess. nexon's changed some recipes without telling anyone, we're getting 140 cape recipes later, and we just got a whole new set of PVP gears (though i don't know if they have a recipe*)