Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

Disclaimer : This is purely my opinion and the opinion of my alliance member [Forgive grammatical and bad English]

As we all know its been quite a long year for Nexon so far. There has been numerous hacks and DDoS sessions that has impacted many of its players.
    Although there has been public service messages about the duping and DDoS before, the problems has never been solved. Leaving duped items in the Free Market then deleting hard earned items from its players without any sort of reimbursements is a slap in the face. I've personally tried logging tickets and live chats for issues in the past I've been through almost 10 rollbacks and many other issues in which I've lost items but never has it been acknowledged. I don't blame the customer service team because they are following orders from the CEO or Director. But I believe after all these years they should not be targeting their paying and loyal customers.

Here is a quote from one my alliance member, Scholtex999 that I would like to share with the community of this forums:

This is merely my way of digressing and to read about other people's post on how they have been coping with the recent server check issues.

2. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

I think Nexon had good intentions in mind, even though they didn't make the best decision probably. A large portion of the community was unaffected, but the people who were affected were largely paying customers or hackers.

I think Nexon is working on their customer support though, and it definitely shows. While they still have a long way to go, I think it's worth noting that they've definitely improved a lot.

3. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

Would be nice if you posted that on nexon's forums.

4. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

There are far too many promises of redemption then there is action (which is shown to the public) Any game can have a number of problems, a lot can be caused by hackers and that's understandable but their response time isn't fast enough to prevent these problems from spreading.

Along with the fact they don't bother with their long term loyal customers, they would prefer to go out and try to reel in old players by giving them cs packages etc. (where is my prizes for being loyal to them?)

They're getting better but it's not noticeable enough for me personally.

5. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

Welp, there goes my sympathy.

6. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

I don't understand why you say there's no action, when I feel like I've been watching this "action" for the past month or two. And you're also saying they don't bother with their long term loyal customers... How? I don't understand where you're coming from honestly.

I've been playing since 2005, and I don't personally feel neglected by them.

7. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

So you are saying just because you see this action and accept this petty "action" I should too? No thanks jeff

I've been playing since Beta and to me nothing has changed majorly, they have the same false promising attitude & piss poor customer service.

8. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

Oh man, if they bought duped aaes knowing it, then they are at fault. I would sympathize more with people that had nothing to do with duped crap.

But still, really innocent people got stuff deleted so nexon is at fault too.

9. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

I agree nothing has changed majorly. It's not something that can be changed quickly by any means. They're obviously trying and working towards having better customer service.

10. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

As already stated in the thread, if this is true then I have no sympathy.

You knew the possible risk, and you took it anyways. It should be no surprise when it comes to Nexon that they do these type of things, and yet you willing put your account at risk.

Sure, there are a few innocent people I'm sure (@MarskmanBryan; etc,)...but overall I'm happy with Nexon's action.

11. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

That's what makes the next sentence to the one I quoted worse.
    It's hilarious.
    Shame on them for presenting the whole thing as if they were victims.

12. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

I bet other fan websites would be praising you for your preaching. Not here though, you bought something that was "stolen"(in this case duplicated), which in real life is against the law, and then upgrading it suddenly makes it a liability on your part?

None of that nonsense here.

13. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

Even basil was hating on people who used duped no-booms and laughing hard when the equips were deleted. If there's one thing that funded and unfunded people can agree to hate, it's someone who abuses an exploit and then gloats about how much stronger he became afterwards.

14. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

Although you definitely bring up some good points, I'm inclined to give Nexon the benefit of the doubt. The fact that the dupe was made public on New Year's Eve proves that this was planned to some degree to impact Nexon and the MapleStory economy as severely as possible. Although it is true that certain professions do not get breaks for holidays (news, entertainment, public workers, etc.) I sincerely believe Nexon had left things on autopilot because of the holidays as nothing, to my knowledge at least, has ever occurred on New Year's or other holidays (other than 2x events failing).

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. As cliché as it may sound, I think we should all give Nexon the benefit of the doubt. If this happens again on a holiday because of lack of staff, then we can plead incompetence.

As to the topic of the rollback - they were in between a rock and a hard place: rollback and anger the community with the possibility of having no impact anyway or remove the items and ban the violators as best they can. I wholeheartedly agree that they should spend more time getting to know their game and pursue preventative measures from exploits, hackers, and DDoS attacks. Still, it's understandable why Nexon is in this position.

As Min Kim (5toVe) has mentioned, he slept in a cardboard box in the office during the early days of GMS. When GMS was just beginning, it was clearly a much smaller operation and I assume everyone who worked there had to do multiple jobs in addition to policing the game as GM's and thus had to stay very involved with the community and what was going on as far as gameplay and player habits. Nexon America grew pretty quickly once the cash shop was released and with a larger team, lack of proactive, hands on leadership for years, and other bureaucratic nonsense it's very easy to see how things have deteriorated to this point. The great irony in it all is the MapleStory community is shrinking and players are quitting and moving to other games like League of Legends but the NxNa bureaucratic machine continues to trudge forward into the muddy abyss.

I don't really know enough about Nexon's other titles, but when the money stops flowing to Nexon Korea's satisfaction, I'm sure downsizing will be in order. The fact that they can't seem to keep a Community Manager for more than a few months (or weeks) and the ever-revolving-door of staff at Nexon proves that things do not look good for the company. Whether or not downsizing and humbling Nexon America (and Korea) will do anything beneficial for the game depends on who's left and how much they care about keeping it around instead of wringing out every last drop from this dying game.

It's also prudent to mention that the only thing keeping the game alive right now is the elite players, to be honest. And a lot of them are active members of the community. Those elite players will move to other games and get older and grow up. Nexon isn't really appealing to new players (that I can tell, at least) so that spells trouble for the future of the game.

The situation is tough, for sure, and I don't know how much longer we'll see a gradual decline. Right now, Nexon seems to be in the "bailing out" phase of this disaster of Titanic proportions (since Unleashed hell bans). My prediction is that this will continue for maybe a few more months or a year or so and then things will stop gradually declining and just drop suddenly off a cliff and that will be that. MapleStory 2 may help, but that's assuming they don't rush it out before its ready in North America and Europe to try and save what's left of their customers.

15. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

The pomegranate people come up with to justify greed...

16. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

Nope. Dupes and exploits are always the most prevalent during the holidays. They are clearly brought out to do as much damage as possible and they come out every christmas/new years without fail for the last several years. Enough times to justify a team that has no plans being kept on with the authority to act during those days.

17. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

Really? Can you give me a rundown when this occurred? If so, it tells more about their inner workings than anything else, in my opinion.

18. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

Unfortunately there are some people who thinks people who bought duped AEEs deserve no sympathy, and I can understand that.

I know there was risk involved, and I know I deserved losing whole Tyrant equipment. Even when I wanted one scroll to pass from 9 to 10th star, it is enough for Nexon to target and delete it. However I was hoping Nexon would be smarter and deal with this situation such that it wouldn't hurt people too much.

In the past when Nexon deleted 38 att VSS or 608 att ST, they replaced them with clean equipment at least, but now they didn't replace Tyrant equipment. That's all I'm asking; clean Tyrant equipment and I would be happy enough. I would scroll and cube all over again.

19. Default Re: Nexon's costumer service and community relationship.

Such bullpomegranate.
    If you get caught with the hand in the cookie jar you get no friggin cookies.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

You should be grateful you didn't lose your entire account.