Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Overview of Nebulite Bonuses

These are all the possible bonuses you can gain from the Nebulite/Socket system. Sorry if it's a bit messy.
    Some things to note:
    -There's 4 ranks, but 5 possible pools to draw from, like potential, which possibly means nebulites can have 2 lines.
    -Nexon lied, there's more than 4 ranks. There's an S Rank higher than A. Expect Super Alien Cubes soon.
    -Nebulites don't appear to have any level restriction, could make things like adding Decent HB to low level pants, common female ones for example, viable.
    -There's no tiers, like how each potential has 20 possible levels representing 10 level intervals for equips, for example, levels 1~3 of % STR for a rare item all have values of 1, 4~7 have values of 2, and 8~20 have values of 3, in the nebulite system, each stat is only defined for one value, with the stat appearing multiple times for different values.
    -A Ranked items can still get ordinary +Stats.
    -The Weapons category should apply to Kataras, Magic Arrows, and possibly the Demon Slayer's Force Shield as well. Additionally, nebulites of the Shield type should also be able to be applied to Kataras, and possibly also Force Shields.
    -All decent skills are the same as the ones from the potential system, restricted to the same types of items as before.

-In order to get Nebulites, you collect Nebulite Boxes from monsters, which are essentially just like Mystery Mastery Books, but for Nebulites.

Nebulite Box
    Contains a random Nebulite.

There's no probability data for these boxes on our end, so there's no way for us to tell what chance you have of getting, other than the fact that duplicate nebulites probably makes those effects more likely.

In addition, there are 419 Nebulites, 307 not including S Rank.
    112 S Ranked
    80 A Ranked
    98 B Ranked
    94 C Ranked
    35 D Ranked

Nebulites! Abridged Form

Nebulites! Item Form
    Last edited by Grey; 2012-03-15 at 01:56 PM.

2. Default Re: Overview of Nebulite Bonuses

You sure about that? Kataras are in every other regard counted as weapons.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Overview of Nebulite Bonuses

Goddamn those "A Rank" bonuses!

4. Default Re: Overview of Nebulite Bonuses

Oh, sorry for the confusion, Kataras fall under weapons, so they get weapon bonuses, but additionally, they also share the ignore damage potentials with shields.

Rather in this system, you can apply nebulites with bonuses from either "Weapons" or "Shields and Kataras" to Kataras, if that helps clear things up.

5. Default Re: Overview of Nebulite Bonuses

Oh great, another potential system on top of the old one.
    /sarcasm

This sucks.

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

this part:

"Invincible for 3 more second after getting attacked"

is the only thing that makes me like this whole crap.

shooting for 8~ second invincibility on my overall when i'm done >:(

PD: nobody has said it yet, so i'll go first: inb4 S rank.

and sigh... potential system v2.0B

7. Default Re: Overview of Nebulite Bonuses

Hmm, I wouldn't be so quick to judge, nebulites of various ranks and bonuses are supposed to drop from monsters all over, so at the very least, you shouldn't have to cube for rank. If the bonuses are visible, you could always hunt the monsters that drop the nebulites you want, so it shouldn't be completely reliant on cubing. The way I see it, everyone gets stronger, but it does little, if anything, to close the gap between the average player and one who spends thousands on game items. It's rather idealistic of me to think that there's more to nebulites than just get whatever crappy nebulite and cube it a thousand times, but I'm optimistic. All we can do is wait and see.

8. Donator Straight Male
    panama

problem is, i'm betting the droprate of A-graded nebulity is going to be either null, or close to the chances of getting unique on crafting. hell, i think B=unique already. so A is gonna be a betch inside a betch to find.

thanks a lot for this info btw, forgot to say

9. Default Re: Overview of Nebulite Bonuses

I might be missing something, but from the patch notes and the description about the system, it looks like it specifically works only on weapons and nothing else?

From what I can take of it, you pay an NPC to socket your weapon and find a nebulite with varying grade that comes with different stats from somewhere else. You cube the nebulite for desired stats and socket that in the weapon to add those stats onto it. And if it's like that and you can get whatever potential bonuses on those nebulites, you can put stats that would be available for other types of equipment on a weapon? xP

This sort of reminds me of D2's socket sytem, but minus the cubing part.

10. Default Re: Overview of Nebulite Bonuses

And the million dollar question is, can this sytem be abused by either destroying locked items or dirty hackers having their way with it?
    Would be nice if I could use this sytem on my locked dagger, but it is not like I really need anymore cream for anything really.

11. Default Re: Overview of Nebulite Bonuses

Well, the patch notes only say weapon, but the preview video for the Masteria revamp shows them adding nebulite bonuses to various equips, of note is at 0:29, where they are shown using a nebulite that only works on tops/overalls, so I would assume it works for everything.

I kinda wonder, but I assume not, if you could add sockets to items without slots.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Now that you mention it, I have to wonder if the Demon Slayer's "Force Shield" can even be Gemmed...

All I can say is, I REALLY hope this is the case. Last thing we all need is "Potential 2.0"...
    Granted, once people figure out what drops from where, I expect botters to flood those places.

13. Default Re: Overview of Nebulite Bonuses

Yeah, I'm really hoping they won't go full money hungry on this one (though history points on the other direction). It would be nice if you could apply work and time hunting to avoid spending that much on cubes.

@ShinkuDragon; I want that invincibility potential too O.o, though I think it might not stack with the original one.

14. Default Re: Overview of Nebulite Bonuses

So, despite there being only 4 dummy items, each representing each rank, there are apparently seperate items for every nebulite, so you should, in theory, see exactly which nebulite is the one that drops from a given monster, assuming they appear in monster book.

Nebulites!

Huh, what a surprise. Unlike potentials, the extra pool at the bottom isn't an extra pool. Turns out there's S Ranked Nebulites.

15. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i want the same shidoshi, after i'm done with my hellcape, i'll try to get 5 second invincibility potential on my empress overall. i find that avoiding any damage done to me for 10~ seconds after every hit is worth MUCH more than 12~21% str

EDIT: 3 things

first of all:
    well, not how i expected it, and a lot sooner than expected, but: LOL, CALLED IT, S RANK!

second:
    that looks pretty cool, if you can hunt the nebulite you need instead of just cubing, HOWEVER...

third:
    i can see the best nebulites getting duped balls.

16. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Wow I really hope these nebulites drop from mobs even at a rare rate. This could make decent skill rentals incredibly easy by putting them in common easy trade items not to mention the nice stat boosts.

There's a couple of oddballs in there like 24% PDR. The damage reflect also has potential to be useful.

Just for kicks, consider putting an extra 35% boss Nebulite in dojo gloves then taking it out before they expire!

17. Default Re: Overview of Nebulite Bonuses

Using a diffuser to remove nebulites completely destroys them, though, so once you use them, they're basically worthless, in resale value, I mean.

18. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Crap. Well there goes that lolz dream. That was not clear at all from the description of "remove". At least now I understand why the diffuser makes money.

19. Default Re: Overview of Nebulite Bonuses

So... we could see Mercedes/Demon Slayers/Dual Blades running around with crazy amounts of boss % dmg?

20. Default Re: Overview of Nebulite Bonuses

And that is different from now?