Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SPECULATION] unsafe account info since v147

1. Default unsafe account info since v147

i'm hearing word about a data leak during v147 maintenance, and "many" accounts being accessed when the owners are the only people with the info. including several close friends of mine, who definitely dont share info. i thought maybe hackers phished the downloads nexon posted to fix launcher errors, but both personal accounts did not download anything.

is anyone else seeing/hearing anything similar?

2. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

Ask them if they still have Pando Media Booster installed?

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

I say it every time this happens but i'm calling FUD

4. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

@Simcaz; i will ask when they wake up
    [edit]
    the first says "i have it. i have not update it for years"
    i, myself, was under the impression the cause for alarm came when running the update service.

the second says "no i uninstall that"

5. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

If my account has been breached its definitely a data leak

6. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

Has it been?

Or is that your way of mocking the logic of people who had their accounts breached?

7. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

I unno, haven't cared enough to check, I'm just saying if that's the case then yes it is, since I don't play, my account password is over 100 variables (probably closer to 110), that leaves keylogging and brute forcing out of the question.

8. Water Straight Male

Oh, man, I'd hate to mistype a part of it half way through

9. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

One of my friends also got hacked last week.
    He said he doesn't download anything or share his account with anyone...

10. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

doesn't matter how hard or how long is your password if you have keyloggerd in your computer / they can still know your password

11. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

No. If you have a password that long, you aren't typing it. You are most likely copy/paste-ing it from a document. The only thing a key logger would pick up is Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V.

12. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

depending what type of keylogger they install some advanced one can even pick that up I had seem it.... even copy and paste can still get pick up depending what kind of program you install
    well if you don't type yea I guess you got a point... however if you did type it in the past event it can still save to your computer unless you clean and delete all past log too

13. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

You would have to log in to begin with in order for that information to be captured by a keylogger. Since I haven't logged in months, there's no possibility that information would ever be captured, keylogged infested or not. Since the password is so long and symbol heavy, bruteforcing would take as far as I'm concerned, an infinity amount of time to break through.

So uh, kind of annoyed I had to elaborate on something so...self explanatory.

14. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

there was a data leak involving an account database of a dream-base private server a while back

if a user was dumb enough to have their account on the ps and their main maple account have the same login info, there you have it.

15. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

Data leak? Just to be sure, I'll scan my computer first and change account information.

16. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

After nexon's first server leak, i learned to not take chances anymore with them.

17. Water Straight Male

So, you do what? Change your account's info?

18. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

Back when the leak happened, no. (even though i still did)

That's why i don't use my old accounts anymore, certainly wasn't a keylogger, they went after 2 of my old accounts on separate days and didn't even bother going after the one with 300k nx on it.
    Feels like anytime i touch my old accounts, they get hacked.

If anything, do what KhainiWest does and make a really long one with symbols. that helps a lot.

19. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

Don't think I got affected by this, but shortly ago someone sent me a chat invite...

Didn't open it for a while because I didn't recognize the name, nor did I see them on the map. By the time I opened it, no one was there... Google'd if I would be doomed, and dumbingly logged of my character to change my password. Little did I remember that the title screen doesn't show up if you log on from the main site... By the time I tried logging back onto my character, it said I was already online and it disconnected me... Changed my pin/pic on the main site, was able to log back onto my account a couple minutes after I got kicked, thankfully, and saw that nothing... Changed? Confused if it was just a strange coincidence or not...

20. Default Re: unsafe account info since v147

I get the "This ID is already logged in" or w/e pop-up a few times a day after I dc while logging in. I generally don't worry about it unless it was the first time I tried logging in that day.