View Poll Results: Xenon or Demon Avenger?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stick with Xenon

13 81.25%
  • Switch to Demon Avenger

3 18.75%
  1. Default Switch my Xenon for a Demon Avenger?

Should I switch my Xenon for a Demon Avenger?

Right now my Xenon is level 160 (unfortunately it took around 2 weeks to get to that level) and I'm not funded so I only have like 40k range clean. I most likely won't be able to get more funds for my Xenon.

I thought about making a Demon Avenger because it might be easier to fund but then I don't have the mesos to buy HP% or I probably don't have much stuff I can transfer from my Xenon to my DA that would benefit it.

I also heard that DAs are getting buffed because they were out as if they were nerfed right? Xenons I know most likely are getting nerfed in the future but I'm not sure if it would still be stronger than DA.

So what do you think?

2. Default Re: Switch my Xenon for a Demon Avenger?

Guy, Hate to brake it to you. But Warrior gear cost nearly twice as much as Pirate Gear. And Thief Gear is just as much. Make a Xenon with Pirate Gear. Cheaper and still just as good.

I'll go ahead and Say this. If you're playing a class based on it's power. You're doing it wrong.

3. Default Re: Switch my Xenon for a Demon Avenger?

SHHHHHHH! Don't tell him that stuff about Pirate gear! I want my prices lower

Honestly, there's a bunch of stuff you can do to improve your damage for free. You know that ring event? Yeah get one complete ring and 3 other of the constituents and you have a set of 4 rings for FREE. Take advantage of the coin events that come in every event to buy the potentialable rings. You can sell them later for a higher price.

Also at 160 ish, you can do the Ulu city quests and solo Krexel. The once-a-day quest gives you 7.5mil for killing Krexel and that is honestly a good amount of money if you plan on getting things like skillbooks or better equipment. Also that quest chain gives a free potentialable shoulder pad. Then do the Ghost ship quest for a potentialable shoulder. Do the attendance event on multiple characters for the next few weeks- if you have perfect WEEKLY attendance, you get a free cube (granted it can demote your item to a lower grade, but if you didn't have a decent, usable potential in the first place, there is ZERO loss). I've been "unfunded" for a LONG time- if all you care about is damage, then you probably aren't going to have fun in this game because you will ALWAYS be out damaged by someone who can buy NX and super cube all their equipment to +15% stats and +ignore damage/+boss damage sort of deal. (If they could fix evo world drops too, that would be great. The instructors in the world had a chance to drop empress gear, which is great for unfunded people even clean).

Honestly, I'd stick with your Xenon because even with their damage nerf they still do a ridiculous amount of damage compared to a similarly funded character. Take advantage of ALL the free gear you can get a hold of (the epic-on-drop senior gear at level 60 from monster park/monsters, the above quests, hell even the pinnacle gear from the shop). Just slowly build up your funds and eventually you'll be able to do decent damage. Don't forget about the Demon Avenger though! Make it to minimum level 70 to get the link skill. If you have time, go back and make it 120 for the level 2 link. Also, if you have the space, make more link skill mules right now when all the characters are open. They make your "main" much better by just getting to level 70. It may not be an ideal way to spend your time, but if you want an easy way to increase damage, that's the single best way to do it, especially when you combine the cards into a character deck for even more free damage.

4. Default Re: Switch my Xenon for a Demon Avenger?

Id just like to point out, when Xenon was released, Pirate gear went up in price, and still has not returned to normal. That said, thief equips have always, and mostly always will be the most expensive.

Personally, I prefer Xenon.

5. Default Re: Switch my Xenon for a Demon Avenger?

Didn't go up much for YMCK :T Everyone is all anaI about THief gear while I enjoy delicious above average pirate gear for way less than I would for Thief. Thief tyrants are 12b here(each piece too) with PIrates at 5~7b a pop.

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Switch my Xenon for a Demon Avenger?

do root abyss daily on all the characters you can muster.
    get "all scrolls will succeed" gear
    dump ALL the +3 all stat armor scrolls you can afford into said gear.

there, good xenon equips that cost nothing to make.

7. Default Re: Switch my Xenon for a Demon Avenger?

You mean 9 all stat right?

8. Donator Straight Male
    panama

...I FORGOT THE PINNACLES EXISTED

yep, do those instead.

9. Default Re: Switch my Xenon for a Demon Avenger?

I can vouch for this method.

Working on a pair of katinas boots so far. Gonna end up 63 all stat when im finished :)

10. Default Re: Switch my Xenon for a Demon Avenger?

What are the chances of even getting an equip that has this from Root Abyss boxes?

Also, wouldn't it be better to use Attack Armour scrolls instead?
    Oh thanks for the tips though.

I have a question. I only completed 6 days of last Evolving Ring but I'm planning to complete all the days for the next Evolving Ring. Will those rings like disappear (trade in for those rewards) after this event is over or are they permanent? I heard that if you complete all 3 rings you have to trade them in for Absolute Ring right?
    I'm only playing the class that is better for lower funds. In general, I would prefer not to spend too much money on this game.

11. Donator Straight Male
    panama

if you mean the ones that give 1 attack, i'd say no, 1 attk vs 27 main stat (per scroll)

12. Default Re: Switch my Xenon for a Demon Avenger?

Oh I see. I guess it does make sense in this case. Also, do you know the odds of getting these types of equips from RA boxes?

13. Default Re: Switch my Xenon for a Demon Avenger?

You need 30(?) stamps on the card TOTAL. We (the collective on of the maplestory body) believe that you could hypothetically have 3 random evo rings as long as you have the proper amount of days stamped on your card because we assume gaga is going to take away 3 rings to "combine" them into a singular ring. If it comes to light that you actually need to have three, +11 rings at the end of the event, then I'm 100% sure that there will be significant outrage because Nexon did not thoroughly explain how the "extra day" to complete the event worked and a large population skipped a day thinking that they would be fine because there was a back up day just in case.

All rings are made tradeable permanent on the 11th day with the twelfth being a duplicate 11th day. The only day you can actually skip is the 11th day. At this point, it does not look like you can actually complete the ring event, but you can persist to get the full evolved single rings remaining, so you don't have to worry too much about not having 4.

14. Donator Straight Male
    panama

they're rare-ish, but if you do enough RA, you should be able to get one fast enough.

15. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: EliulShad
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 21X
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Epic
    Farm: StayTru
    usa

you know how long it takes to get those RA gear?

16. Donator Straight Male
    panama

a good while, hence "that you can muster"

17. Default Re: Switch my Xenon for a Demon Avenger?

Ehh, right now Von Bon seems glitched and unbeatable. Maybe I can't do daily RA then :(

18. Default Re: Switch my Xenon for a Demon Avenger?

Uh no. Just bind him and he falls pretty quick. All you need to do is bind him so he cant summon the chaos version and get just enough damage in.

19. Default Re: Switch my Xenon for a Demon Avenger?

Stick with whatever playstyle you find fun and the funding will follow. You won't be instantly godly but character cards, link skills and Azwan will help your character along the way.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Or you can just attack him between such summons. As long as you can exhaust his HP before he exhausts your death count, you can do it.