1. Default Snowshoes on normal terrain

I know that they stop sliding on ice, but on normal terrain do they have any effect?

I've been pretty much walking around Henesys on my paladin for the past 5mins alternating between my lionheart battleboots and some random violet snowshoes and I swear it feels like with the VSS on I stop quicker and have better control over my movement.

2. Default Re: Snowshoes on normal terrain

They render Combat Step and Mech's Dash practically useless.

3. Default Re: Snowshoes on normal terrain

yes, the snowshoe effect applies on normal terrain as well
    if you have an aran or a mechanic, it's especially noticeable, because your combat step/mechanic dash will only slide you like, half as far.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Snowshoes on normal terrain

Yes, they do have an effect even on regular terrain. Try them in jump quests, you'll notice it even more.

If you like that effect you can get it on your lionheart boots as well. Monsters in the El Nath area sometimes drop a 10% scroll that adds spikes to shoes (without affecting the upgrade count).

5. Default Re: Snowshoes on normal terrain

This also works for bosses with a knock back attack (like Zemo, Lilynooch). you will NOT slide as far, or be stunned for as long when you have snowshoe effect.

*using 10% shoe spike scroll on a "all scrolls will pass" shoe =D*
    (the scroll does not take up a slot)

6. Default Re: Snowshoes on normal terrain

This is actually something I did not know. Time to make a video!

7. Default Re: Snowshoes on normal terrain

Godddddddd I really hated this pre-bb when I had DEX Black Snowshoes and had to give them up when I found out they ruined reverse jump bsteps!

8. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Wow, I had no idea about any of this. That's actually really cool.

9. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

It lets you turn around significantly faster, increasing control and potentially %/h slightly. I've been using that trick for years and years, but a 10% scroll on my tyrant will be really difficult to do...

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

have you had any drop, or know someone that has? i made a crapton back then with maker, but i haven't managed to have a single 10% drop for me from the guys.

11. Default Re: Snowshoes on normal terrain

I found one from a Dark Leatty or Jr. Pepe (no idea which, was randomly killing stuff as I jumped down Orbis Tower) a couple months ago, I don't like the snowshoe effect though so I just dropped it :X

12. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i in the meantime love it, it's why my LH boots have the effect. i'll assume it dropped in your level 100+ so that's good to hear then.

13. Default Re: Snowshoes on normal terrain

I'm fairly sure I found one on my Paladin while getting a Jr. Pepe familiar. Also not a fan of the effect so I dunno what I did with it.

14. Default Re: Snowshoes on normal terrain

Yup, was either on my DB or Shadower, both of which are 200+, so you can find them as drops if you're above the mob level.

15. Default Re: Snowshoes on normal terrain

I managed to get this spike shoes scroll 10% from doing scroll fusion, from spectral scroll: armor.

16. Default Re: Snowshoes on normal terrain

The effect also makes you move farther in between attacks so you wouldn't have to jump between attacks. I made 160 of the scroll, but all my shoes are garbage and I'm not even sure if I like the effect. Also I don't see any difference in jump quests.

17. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

It shortens the time you're on the platform slightly because when you land you have more traction to get yourself running.

18. Default Re: Snowshoes on normal terrain

I've gotten one before.
    It dropped from one of the mobs in the map where Snowman spawns.

A nice thing about the scroll is that it doesn't reduce upgrade count. It says it explicitly in the item's description.
    The scroll itself also has a slightly changed image, I think it had a snowshoe or spikes on it or something? Not sure, I used it (and it failed) right away.