Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

If you have ~40% Total Defense Ignore, Annihilate is useless for bossing unless they have over 100% Defense. Typhoon + Thunderclap is stronger. If you have little or no defense ignore, using Typhoon for only the buff and using Annihilate + Thunderclap for attacking is better for higher defense targets.

Maxed Thunderclap is always stronger than Shark Kick. The only reason you would use the two in combination is if you're below 150 and can't spam Typhoon. The only reason you would use Shark Kick instead of Thunderclap is if your Thunderclap is below 15ish

2. Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

KMST 1.2.490
    Mechanic:
    Spoiler
    Sharp Eyes
    Hyper

3. Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

Just a quick question about Angelic Buster: Is Soul Resonance still detrimental to Soul Seeker %/s if you only use the first and last hit?

4. Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

This is an interesting question. I just did a check and it does lower the %/s, but only by about 100%/s if all you do is tap it. Keydowns are notorious for having weird startups and endings though, so it could be better or worse if it's not 450ms/600ms, but the difference is marginal.

5. Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS Unlimited and GMS Tempest)

Cool, thanks.

Did you also calculate for bosses, since Soul Resonance has an innate 50% boss damage?

6. Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS RED and GMS Unleashed)

Umm, question about Rapidfire - does it take into account Quick Draw and Majestic Presence?

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Pirate %/s (KMS RED and GMS Unleashed)

Yeah. O.o

8. Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS RED and GMS Unleashed)

I meant in Joe's DPS chart for it.

9. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS RED and GMS Unleashed)

Duh?

10. Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS RED and GMS Unleashed)

Majestic Presence is used. Quick Draw is never used. All evidence I've seen of Quick Draw indicates it takes time. That makes it pomegranate.

11. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I'm being told it can be used in the middle of attacks to eliminate it's delay. (except for battle ship and rapid fire) I imagine this would tip the scale for headshot vs rapid fire?

Edit: Quick draw does not in fact have any cast delay at all even if you use it by itself. I'm thinking rapid fire or ship to proc into head shot would be best dps?
    Last edited by Takebacker; 2013-12-07 at 09:18 PM.

12. Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS RED and GMS Unleashed)

Seconding what Takebacker said. If you use Quickdraw in the middle of a skill it has no delay at all. I use it in the middle of Brainscrambler's animation and it doesn't have a delay. However, it appears to have a slight cast delay if you use it by itself though.

Some other things I've noticed:
    - Battleship Bomber doesn't have a keydown duration like these skill tables say. I can hold the key down forever. Do your tables use a keydown duration?

- Bullseye/Parrotargetting appears to be a multiplier rather than total damage (I'm assuming your tables use total damage). Its damage bonus also applies to summons.

Brainscrambler + Majestic Presence without and with Bullseye.
    Spoiler

I have 213% boss damage in the stat window so its boost would be < 10% if it were total damage. The boss is Easy Ark.

Here's Octo-Cannon's damage without and with Bullseye. I can't test the Crew Members since they're bugged currently but I don't see why the bonus wouldn't apply to them as well. (Bullseye is active in the second pic, it's just the MDEF up icon blocking the parrot.)
    Spoiler

13. Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS RED and GMS Unleashed)

Thanks for the information. I had previously watched some videos when this first came out, and there were no instances of Quick Draw being used with Rapid Fire. The proc animation would show but they would never actually use the effect while Rapid Firing. When I saw a video of it being used with Headshot, it slowed them down to use it.

I don't actually account for a start-up delay for Rapid Fire or Battleship Bomber in my tables, since I don't know what they are. They should be rather minor, but constantly stopping to use Headshot, with the casting of Quickdraw before Headshot, but after your last Rapid Fire/Battleship Bomber shot is fired would likely result in a detriment if all your attacks are hitting. You would need to cast the Quick Draw in the 120ms after your last Rapid Fire shot is fired, but before you actually start shooting Headshot unless you want to double Headshot. Could be good if you save it for the xth hit of Battleship Bomber though. As far as I'm aware, skill damage is calculated at the instance when you hit the key, rather than the instance the skill visually connects. i.e. why things die 2 seconds before Ultimates' animations finish.

For Battleship Bomber, the Duration variable isn't a keydown duration. It is the duration of the bombs you shoot, where if they don't hit a target, they will still bounce or roll around for 1100ms. You can see in the description, it states 0.9s, and the duration variable used to be 900ms, but they had changed the variable and did not change the description.

Bullseye is being used as total damage in my tables, and I'll change that to a multiplier, but it is applied to summons regardless.

I'll look into fixing all these things. I may also need to double-check Buccaneer's energy charging as well.

14. Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS RED and GMS Unleashed)

Wait, so which one is better dps 1on1? Battleship Bomber, Rapidfire, or Quickdraw+Headshot?

15. Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS RED and GMS Unleashed)

Corsair:
    Spoiler
    Hyper

Battleship Bomber seems to be stronger, but I don't account for startup in this table. From what the data shows, the start up and end is pretty long, so if you're stopping frequently, it'll be bad.

@Takebacker can you describe to me exactly how the new energy charging system works? The current tables use a model where you fully charge, then spend all of the energy, and then recharge again. Since Energy Charge doesn't actually provide a %/s bonus, the only effect this would have is on Power Unity, if you can charge energy while it's draining.

16. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Hmm headshot looks like it's the best option in specific situations. :0 Since battleship doesn't allow for any kind of significant mobility while in use, headshot would come ahead during magnus or other such scenarios. Do you know if rapid fire to proc -> headshot to activate quick draw -> quick draw'd headshot -> repeat would be beneficial?

The cycle is indeed the way you have it, but there are a few other things to it as well.

1) When you have no energy, all attacks charge energy (as it always has been), and if you mob it charges the same amount of energy than if you were only hitting 1 target, which i think it has also always done.
    2) When energy is charged, only skills that state they consume energy will consume energy. Corkscrew blow, dspiral, and somersault kick will not consume it, but i imagine this doesn't really affect you because you probably aren't using those skills at all even in the mob tables.
    3) Stimulate kept it's effect of instantly charging energy when used, but people believe this to be a bug. Also, the natural energy gain effect of stimulate only activates when the buff is active. You might consider testing certain levels of buff duration to account for this.
    4) You cannot charge energy while it is activated, however stimulate still charges energy while stimulate is active.
    5) The energy decay mechanic does not exist anymore, so you can keep energy indefinitely.

Do you mean energy charge itself doesn't affect %/s? The damage buffs to fist enrage/outrage and bucc laser when energy is active doesn't affect %/s? (speaking of, it doesn't seem like said bonus is total damage like i thought but instead additive to the skill's % since my damage doesn't seem to increase that much at all)

17. Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS RED and GMS Unleashed)

Pretty sure he means that the buff itself doesn't give any bonus and that therefore it's not better to stop, say, halfway though and charge energy again (or something like that I haven't actually played a bucc post-red) instead of draining it. You don't gain a damage buff while you are actually charged.

18. GLADIGATORS
    usa

But both 1v1 and mob skills get damage buffs while charged? I'm confused. I understand energy charge itself doesn't increase damage, but having energy charge increases the damage of your skills in an obviously % based way...and as i said you can't do anything to charge energy while it's active anyway outside stimulate.

19. Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS RED and GMS Unleashed)

Yeah, the attacks obviously increase in damage. I think Joe said that under the assumption it was possible to charge in some way. Regardless, his question should be answered now.

20. Default Re: Pirate %/s (KMS RED and GMS Unleashed)

This new table uses Quick Draw whenever it activates, assuming it doesn't have a delay. Seems to only add ~100%/s if you save it just for Headshot. This is assuming it's total damage.

The Buccaneer tables assumed hitting multiple monsters charged faster. I'll correct this later.