1. BDRyan

Default BullDog's IRC Q&A

With the recent change in IRC channel/server, I decided to go ahead and make a Q&A thread for users to ask questions specifically regarding IRC and the Southperry channel.

This thread, being in the Technical Help section of the forum, naturally implies that only such questions are allowed - meaning I don't want to hear things like "How much does it cost?", etc. - so please adhere to this.

Also, while I always like a little humor, try to keep it somewhat serious in this thread, as it's here to help users understand IRC better.

That said, ask your questions in this thread and I'll do my best to get back to them as my schedule permits.

2. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HA!
    Server: HA!!
    Level: I'm
    Job: plagiarizing
    Guild: overused
    Alliance: internet memes!!1!

Apparently there's someone on IRC named "randompeep", thus not allowing me on. Is there some way to change my name specifically for IRC? If not, why is there someone else in my name (I never used it)?

Nvm, it let me through.

Edit2: But now it d/cs within a minute of me getting in (if I can even get in at all). What gives? Does IRC have problems with Vista?
    Last edited by randompeep; 2009-07-07 at 09:15 PM.

3. BDRyan

Depends on the IRC client you're using. Which one do you use?

4. Default

It says I've been banned. AFAIK I haven't broken any rules. What gives?

5. Default

I get errors 2031 and 2048 when I open the flash IRC chat and I can't connect.
    How can I fix this/what other ways are there to join the IRC chat?

6. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Me
    Server: Life
    Level: 17
    Job: Working Hard
    Guild: Doing Good
    Alliance: For the Earth
    California

This. I've been getting this every time I go on the IRC on both of my computers. Sometimes I won't receive the error (most likely 1 out of 100 times), but when I do, it drives me crazy because I can't seem to connect. And I miss the IRC. Any help?