Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default NXPatcher - Create your own pre-patcher & list of Maple FTPs

Welcome to NXPatcher!
    Written by Fiel in the C/C++ programming languages

So what is NXPatcher? It's a program I developed in early June 2009. At the time I was extremely frustrated with Nexon's patching system, so I decided to write my own Maplestory pre-patcher and made it open source and free to redistribute. NXPatcher does more than just create pre-patchers, it can also read patch files directly, determine the version of maplestory you're using, split apart pre-patchers, and a lot more! I've spent more than 10 months writing this product and have examined every line of code. If you want a fast way to make Maplestory pre-patchers or if you're looking for freedom from the dreaded Nexon pre-patchers, you've come to the right place!

Since I wrote this program I have not used a Nexon Pre-patcher once, patched hundreds of times, and saved myself countless headaches. This is the program I trust and use for all of my patching needs.

Which version to choose? Lite or Advanced?
    If you consider yourself not very computer savvy or just want to make pre-patchers in a very simple way, I recommend that you pick NXPatcher Lite. The Lite version only creates Nexon pre-patchers and does not contain any other features. Choosing NXPatcher Lite is also a good idea if you're interested in making pre-patchers for others. Please view the "Lite - Create Your Own Pre-patcher" spoiler below

If you are more technical minded, want fine-grained control over the patching process, or want to get away from Nexon pre-patchers, I recommend you pick NXPatcher Advanced. All of the documentation needed to run the Advanced version can be found in the spoilers marked "Advanced" below. Please view the "Advanced - Patch it yourself" spoiler below

Licensing:
    Credit to "Fiel" for the source code isn't required, but appreciated.
    You may use the source code and any binaries in this topic for any use that you require. You may also redistribute this code and all binaries.

Disclaimer:
    This program is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Nexon Corporation or any of its subsidiaries in any way.
    This program comes as is and with all faults. I, Fiel, disclaim any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Use this program at your own risk.

Lite - Create your own Pre-patcher

Lite - Troubleshooting

Lite - Errors

Advanced - Patch it yourself

Advanced - Features & Documentation

Advanced - INI File Documentation

Advanced - Troubleshooting

Maplestory FTPs

Patch File Format

Patch File Format - version 2

Want quick and easy notification of just patches & updates? Follow PatchWatcher on twitter, or visit http://www.PatchWatcher.net/ and monitor just the patches you're interested in.
    Last edited by Fiel; 2021-09-18 at 05:19 PM.

2. Default

I liked the old-fashioned way (Python) better and I think I'm still going to make pre-patchers with that. :P

Thanks anyway, Fiel.

3. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

This one would make a patch way faster due to hardcoding and pointers though.

4. Default

Knuth

Have you actually benchmarked them?

5. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

So you consider this premature optimization?

6. Default

Thanks Fiel. During the time you haven't updated, I just substituted Spaz's way. It worked like a charm.

7. Default

You didn't need updates to use Fiel's python script, if you had the ftp (which was updated, afaik) o_o

Nice anyhow.

(Is WzPatchMaker.exe really that simple? Where does ManualPatch.base come from? -nub question-)

8. Default

All manual patchers have a defined amount of sections within them:

1. The EXE file
    2. The Patch file
    3. Notice file
    4. Length notice
    5. Length Patch file
    6. Ending four bytes

So you can swap in and out the EXE as you'd like. Just download the manual patcher from Nexon's website and rip out the EXE file. That's the ManualPatch.base file.

9. Default

wtp fiel you didnt make this in python?!
    im pineappling surprised now

Also, whats hard to describe?
    http://download2.nexon.net/Game/MapleStory/patch/patchdir/000<ver>/000<ver-1>to000<ver>.patch

10. Default

I didn't write the code. You'll see I gave credits to the author.

11. Default

I like this new way better than Python because now I don't need to install it. Thanks for the tut, Paul. :O

12. Default

thanks fiel, your tutorial is pretty self-explaining and easy.

I first doubted I could do it but it was pretty easy =D

13. Default

From some resone my patchbuilder.exe make Eror notice and i can open the program to make Pre patcher (yes i tried Fiel way and i didnt sucssed) can anyone help me?

14. Default

thanks for the tut fiel :D

but any idea on what could make the patcher freeze at MapleStory.exe part?

15. Default

If anyone wants to know, TaiwanMS is
    ftp://tw.patch.maplestory.gamania.co...atch/patchdir/
    They only keep one patch at a time on the FTP .

16. Default

Did the FTP move or something, or is it just down? o_o

17. Helium Atom
    IGN: Anzamyu
    Server: Bera
    Level: 127
    Job: I/L Arch Mage
    Guild: unionofsouls
    Alliance: UnionofSouls

I wanna see one for 75 :P

18. Default

No.

http://download2.nexon.net/Game/Mapl...4to00075.patch

Edit : Unless you just meant the patch details, or the FTP in general, then I have no idea. Don't listen to me. =x
    Last edited by DarkGenzo; 2009-08-26 at 04:43 PM.