1. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

Default Recent Changes in Training Methods

The first part of this thread is just for my own curiosity, but does anyone know if there are quirky exp mechanics in Armory 2? There's this bishop in Scania who is 220+ and recently climbed 10 ranks, which I thought was impossible even with the no leech 41+ level parties. It seems like they've been staying in the Armory 2 map overnight, so I was wondering if there was some exploit or if the bishop just discovered a better method to train. If anyone has any information about this it would be great if they could share!

Now for the real discussion!

With InmateSearch hitting 250 (congrats!) and popularizing these 41+ levels no leech parties, I thought it would be interesting to discuss this shift in training methods and what you all thought about it. This isn't the thread to argue about whether or not this method is an "exploit" or a clever use of game mechanics. What I want to know is whether or not this new method of training has affected you, what you think about the mechanic, and whether or not Nexon should do anything about it.

In the Bera HoH scene, these no leech parties are so popular it's getting difficult to find a map with people who just want to leech or to party up and train. All the Bishops/Kannas are just getting paid to provide services and people are even paying people to mapsit (afk and gain no exp) for them. At least half of the channels have high levels grinding away, soloing the entire map, and I bet it's the same in the other worlds.

As a filthy casual who leeches from people to get levels, it's made it very difficult for me to find any experience. How has it affected you?

2. Default Re: Recent Changes in Training Methods

It hasn't really affected me, but then again I never liked partying at higher levels [got both my chars to 200 by solo training]

I've never liked how people could just leech there and gain exp. It reminded me of how big of a mess LHC was, and leeching at those maps were just a psuedo fix for those missing the leech from it. I'm not going to bash anyone for doing it, and I'm not going to say it's wrong for people to do it, I just don't like the concept of "Oh more party members that just leech make me get exp while they need to do absolutely nothing."

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Recent Changes in Training Methods

It's kinda funny how it is now. Before, people were complaining about lower players paying higher levels to get leeched. Now it's higher levels players paying lower level player to increase the area EXP and NOT leech. It's amusingly poetic. Almost ironic I'd say.

4. Default Re: Recent Changes in Training Methods

I stalked a Scanian Mercedes (due to personal interest of a character in the rankings who's cutting very close to me :( ) who happen to be in one of the armory maps for days and nights and appears to be in the same map 24/7. I've Hyper-rocked into its map before only to find myself dced immediately. Though before I dced I saw WA's hyper skill being spammed like no tomorrow.

I hope this answers your first part. (i.e. They're likely to be hacking.)

There's not many of those no-leech parties in Scania.. in fact a vast majority actually prefer to leech each other taking turns when the main attacker needs a break. So from my experience, I don't think it has changed that much at all for the leechers.. if anything it's a much better environment now with the higher spawn ticks and high level players coming down to HoH providing leech for mutual benefit. (The only difference is that if you don't have connections and/or have a service to provide, you're likely not to be invited just to fill a spot in the party)

Obviously I can only speak for Scania.. but I only see about 3 or so channels out of 20 performing this gap level method.

5. Default Re: Recent Changes in Training Methods

I only see a handful of people doing this in Scania and most of the time you dc when you enter the map (wonder why >_>)

I still train/leech the old fashion way but am highly tempted to use a 3rd computer for a level 17x mule to use the new method as I tried it once and the exp was insanely fast.

6. Default Re: Recent Changes in Training Methods

broa has only 1 of those no leech pts and thats zerobydivides one
    all other (barely are any most of the day) just have a kanna and bishop on bot and 1 or 2 attackers and the rest leech

7. Default Re: Recent Changes in Training Methods

Idk if this is happening to other WAs, but I saw some WAs spamming that moving 3rd job skill and when I logged on my WA some people were saying that I was spamming that skill even though I was doing nothing, maybe it's a visual glitch?

8. Default Re: Recent Changes in Training Methods

I set up a no leech party yesterday out of curiosity to see how fast it'd be for me, and with 4 party play afkers, HS + Kanna and no other EXP bonuses (no merc link or zero card, no pendant of spirit, no 1.5x, etc) I was getting a little under 12% an hour at level 213. In contrast I gained maybe 2.5% an hour with full EXP bonuses (but no Kanna) at Warrior Grounds soloing.

I'll probably get to 220 over the summer when I have the time, it's really too good though.

9. Default Re: Recent Changes in Training Methods

Did you actually go to where this Bishop was training? If you did and immediately blacked out and disconnected, then obviously someone is botting and lagging the map on purpose to avoid getting caught red handed. There's someone in Scania also doing this and is in the top 6 ranking.

10. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

It's toxic to the game.

What we need is an elimination of safe areas in party play zones. Not something as drastic as having mobs everywhere with attacks reaching all over the place, but there certainly needs to be some mobs spawning on the ground at HoH, and maybe some harmless...things...that come in to swoop everyone off of ladders every five minutes or so.

11. Default Re: Recent Changes in Training Methods

You can fix that glitch by moving maps. It's a visual glitch which I believe occurs on people other than the class of concern. Usually happens on skills that you hold down (rapid-fire skills, BT's fish slap etc). i.e. if you see it, change maps and come back. If your friends see it tell them to move maps.

The one I'm talking about isn't a hold down skill. It's actually dealing damage/killing mobs instantaneously.

12. Default Re: Recent Changes in Training Methods

Oh I see, thanks for the info. I was worried because I only saw this glitch in towns, but that's different from what you are saying haha

13. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: LegitLance
    Server: Renegades
    Level: 228
    Guild: Solitude
    Alliance: FISH
    usa

Edit : nvm

14. Peanuts
    IGN: BaconSkewers
    Server: Bera
    Level: 210
    Guild: Acrylic
    Alliance: Honour

This no-leech method has now been patched so I guess Nexon did have an issue with it.

15. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: LegitLance
    Server: Renegades
    Level: 228
    Guild: Solitude
    Alliance: FISH
    usa

At first when you said Armor I thought you were talking about the area after anego with the bains. I was very very confused.