Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

Tenvi looks awesome! toobad it shutdown.. is there any way to upscale the screenmode in La Tale?

2. Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

neat, I can now play on windowed mode without losing the bottom ~20 pixels (which so happens to be my exp bar)
    because whenever I had it on windowed 1366/768, it was slightly too big due to the title bar.

3. Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

Probably because 1366x768 is a "non-standard" resolution. It's probably just not in the config file's list of resolutions because it's non-standard. It's also not completely 16:9 aspect ratio, but "very nearly 16:9", so it may be considered incompatible off of that as well.

It shouldn't be a problem for the monitor to actually display, and I'm sure the config file for your graphics driver could be edited to allow it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphic...and_similar.29

It seemed like such a random resolution to me when I originally saw it, but apparently it's a common TV resolution which may be the cause for the use of it, as it's common (and easy now-a-days) to use a TV as a monitor.

4. Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

This seem neat and useful but is there any chance of a laptop overheating or such by being able to see everything all at once like that or will it take the same amount of resources as before? Sorry but I'm not that wise when it come to stuff like this so forgive me if that was a stupid question.

5. Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

This is awesome. Maple now entirely fills my screen in windowed mode, besides the windows taskbar.

6. Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

I was wondering if this was possible. Never thought that it'd be in the registry. Full HD Maplestory is a bit intense for my 11.6" screen but I appreciate having the option. Anyhow, I made a set of registry files to change the resolution more easily. Would it be okay to share that here?

I just made an account to post in this thread, so my mistake if bumping older threads is frowned upon here. I did a quick search that didn't turn up with any hits against it.

Edit: Rats. I wonder what brought this to their attention. No point in sharing now.
    Last edited by azureskies; 2014-06-26 at 11:49 PM.

7. Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

Uhhhhhh it appears this no longer works after today's patch. At least for me it doesn't .

8. Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

I'm having the same issue as well. QQ I tried several different resolutions and am still stuck at the 1366 x 768 res.

9. Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

i'll pay money if someone figures out how to make it work

10. Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

seems like maple is using the 'soResolutionMode' key now to determine the resolution. Value of 0 is the 600x800, value of 1 is 1024 x 768 and value of 2 is 1366 x 768. i tried changing it to something higher, just resets it back to 0

11. Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

Well, s'hit.

Higher resolutions give no gameplay advantage, so why they bothered is beyond me. Can't log in to find out if it still works, but I wouldn't be surprised.

12. Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

I had just started using this three days ago *sigh*

13. Electron Straight Male
    IGN: Zero
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 195
    Job: Blade Master
    Guild: Legati
    Farm: BasedGodZero
    usa

Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

Well it's safe to assume that this spread around and then Nexon decided to kill the harmless fun and disable it. :( It was nice playing at 1080p full screen, oh well..

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

It does. Easier to boss, and easier to scan maps for flowers/rocks/elitemobs and bosses.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

How is that any different than the current resolutions Maple has?

16. Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

For one example, custom resolutions allowed for the window height to be high enough to see where the balls spawned in magnus before they started falling. No other resolution allows for that.

17. Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

Just one of the reasons why I loved it

It was also nice to see Von Bon across the entire map, as well as seeing red hat Pierre, not having to move to browse through FM stores, keeping an eye on the bottom mobs at Gollux without jumping down.. the list goes on.

Oh well typical Nexon to ruin this.

Last edited by HeavyMenace; 2014-06-26 at 11:58 PM. Reason: sentence structure/lack of proofreading

18. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

You're right, it isn't any different. Different resolutions is a part of Nexon's power creep. They designed multiple pieces of high end content and then deliberately made them much easier through letting you view the game in a higher resolution. Nexon is more than fully aware there are huge in game advantages to seeing the game in the biggest resolution possible and that is exactly why they took this registry edit away.

19. Default Re: Maplestory at custom resolutions

I've never fought Magnus, so I didn't stop to think of that. I stand corrected, then. Would those who run 1366x768 have an advantage over anyone still running 800x600 in any particular case?

I wish they could officially support higher resolutions. 1366x768 doesn't look too pretty blown up across 2560x1440.

20. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

for my own use, I dont mind if maplestory's internal resolution is 1366x768 (despite me running higher). I just want the ability to scale some of the UI elements(similar to how the minimap has 3 modes) as well as stretch the window, but keep its windowed aspects. I hate how the game either gives you stock windowed mode, or fullscreen with a lack of fullscreen windowed mode.

tl;dr if the game had fullscreen windowed mode and the ability to make some elements in the UI smaller(e.g the soul weapon bar, smaller quest meter) then I dont mind having the 1366x768 resolution.