Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Pineapple it, Nexon = Fail

It had to be said. I am the type of person that just so happens to like Maplestory in all of its various forms. What I don't like, is how a part of the fan base gets pomegranated on at every possible turn. I refer to those that still hold a love for the Classic game. I do not care how much everyone likes the new game but are you seriously telling me that anyone who still has an attachment to the way things used to be has no place here?! All must conform or get out? REALLY? Maybe I just over empathize with these people or have spent too much time chatting with them but that sounds like nonsense to me. I mean it is not entirely Nexons fault but come on.

I remember a year or 2 ago that I heard about Pre Big bang and Old Maple and I thought, "hey that could be a thing". Instead what I witnessed was a group of players pouring their hearts out and in return getting dumped on without mercy. Things change and MMORPG's get updates, we get it but is it really that hard to show sympathy to fellow Maplers? The game that they liked a lot is gone for all intents and purposes.

After many years of enduring this general intolerance, these players finally see a ray of hope but it only turns out to be Reboot. Which is strangely enough better than anything a player could have dreamed of coming from Nexon. But Reboot does not equal Classic Maplestory and it never will, amazing as Reboot is.

It is a lot like walking into a fast food place, ordering a burger and only getting a cow manure sandwich. Even if the non burger sandwich is the greatest thing in the world, that quality means nothing if there is no burger and if that is what was ordered. Nexon had a chance to give the forgotten players what they wanted but Nexon appears to have squandered the chance.

Maybe this is a normal kind of thing in online gaming, maybe there is a completely legit reason why Classic Maplestory cannot happen or maybe it is a matter of poor communication but if we consider it to be the job of an MMORPG to create a sociable environment for its players than Maplestory and Nexon have failed in this task.

Sorry guys but when I see nonsense, I call nonsense. I still like Nexon and I still like Maplestory but that does not mean that they do not fail. NO MAPLER LEFT BEHIND!
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2016-02-10 at 09:41 AM. Reason: took out some of the swears

2. Default Re: Pineapple it, Nexon = Fail

There's a reason why "Classic Maplestory" wont happen. Because fracturing your (already dwindling) userbase and your already stretched thin development team for the few hundred people who want to play maplestory in the "old days" would be suicide for Maplestory.

There is no way to recreate the feeling of how everyone's first experience in Maple was. Because while many believe the game was better back then, what was really better was people's attitudes and how much time they had to spend on MS. As the average age of maplers goes up by 1 year every year, they have to accept the reality of growing up and having less time to spend on the computer. They have to accept that making friends is harder as they get more cynical with age due to the saddening realization that the world is not fair and nobody will be there to help you out when you get pineappleed over.

The obsession of returning to the "good old days" is not one that is unique to Maplestory either. Many game communities have their share of people who would dream to return to a time long past when they consdered the game to be at it's "peak". In reality people just can't stop the flow of time and have to accept that the game might not be for them anymore. It's hard to move on and accept this so people desperately grasp to what little things they remember of their childhood to be fun and try to focus that energy into willing that existence into being, whether it be complaining that the game is pomegranate now and that 5 years ago was best, or that the latest expansion of the game ruined everything and that "Ice Lord sits on a Toilet" was the best expansion.

People need to ask if they want the old style of game back because it was actually better or if they want to return to nostalgia for the sake of not wanting to deal with reality.

3. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Pineapple it, Nexon = Fail

No one ever promised "classic" Maplestory. Nexon has always said the opposite, that they need to move on. Anyone who thought "classic" Maple was coming back fell victim to their own self deception.

It can't happen. It won't happen. Get on with your life.

4. Default Re: Pineapple it, Nexon = Fail

Are you ever going to realize that it's not going to happen? Being a nostalgiatard isn't going to get you anywhere; just come to terms with the fact that Nexon isn't going to bring back the old Maple.

5. Default Re: Pineapple it, Nexon = Fail

Why don't you just play a private server then? All your threads are complaining about the current game.

6. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

maybe because the current game is an irredeemable heap of pomegranate???

as for myself I really want the old game. pineapple this pomegranatety 50m damage cap. I want a game where the damage is capped at 199,999.
    I want a game that isn't over-saturated with classes. How many do we have, like 35? It's ridiculous. And we're still getting more. I want a game where the features in Amoria actually work again. I want a game where we actually have to travel instead of getting instant warps. (portals that require special items to use are okay though).
    I want to kill Lupins again. I want Florina Beach again. I want Omega Sector again.
    I want 4th Job skills to be earned through story quests, not just be handed over for nothing.
    I want LMPQ
    Last edited by xparasite9; 2016-02-08 at 08:43 PM.

7. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

I'm fine with the current maple status, RPGwise is still fine but simplified and there's tons of solo content which you can explore if you don't have much people to do parties or party quest together.

why are you coming back for the same burger if you know it won't be the same even if they go back to the old recipe? I would rather get some french fries somewhere else

8. Trump minus th money

Why won't it be the same? I won't have the same friends I used to have back in 2008? Whatever man I still don't have those friends now, I can make new friends.

9. Default Re: Pineapple it, Nexon = Fail

It wont be the same because you're not the same person.

10. Trump minus th money

but I am.

11. Default Re: Pineapple it, Nexon = Fail

You're trying to insinuate that in the past 8-10 years you have not changed as a person at all?

12. Trump minus th money

are you trying to insinuate I have?

13. Default Re: Pineapple it, Nexon = Fail

Unless you own a time machine you're never the same person you were yesterday, even using the time machine you're still changing as a person unless you live in a lifeless void where nothing can change you and you cant change mentaly nor physically but then you wouldnt even be here. What can be derived from your words is you as a base person havent changed but you all around couldnt have not changed, especially over a time period of 8-10 years.

14. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

pretty much this, started playing as teen and had lot of time to play it but now with a full time job I wouldn't have time to play on a server like old MS, since it's kinda hard find people for everything now, also expwise was kinda hard so I'm just glad I can still fell the rpg experiencie few minutes per day/week and get rewards from it and If I don't want to train grind I can still have some stories to explore or mini games like star planet or the farm thing

15. Default Re: Pineapple it, Nexon = Fail

I would say old Maple was really, really bad as a game. It had a great community, for sure! But the only endgame content was what, grinding and Zak? Zakum isn't even a real fight (until we get the remake KMS got, at least), it isn't interactive at all. You just attack and use potions; Zak 1/1s you, you pot. Zak seals you, you pot. Zak goes immune to damage, you kill weak adds until you can damage him again. It was challenging because it was a numbers check and it required paying attention + some level of knowledge, but it wasn't really a "fight" in the sense that Zak fought back.

Edit: Also lol at the 15 all stat Zakum Helmet, wow, what a big difference from a 3 or 4 main stat hat.

16. Trump minus th money

I really haven't changed at all. I've had people say those exact words to me. "haven't changed at all".

You can get as pseudo-philosophical as you want but the truth is that I haven't changed as a person, and sure as hell not enough to make me not enjoy the game I enjoyed 7 years ago.

17. Default Re: Pineapple it, Nexon = Fail

Man pineapple this philosophical bull pomegranate, the answer isn't to rewind back to "MAPLESTORY V58, NO LAG, 10x WEAPON DROP". Look at the private servers that closed down because of lawsuits, THAT'S what people want in maplestory. There is a happy medium believe it or not.

I'm loving blade and soul the same way i loved maplestory, and I feel like largest factor that made it so was growth potential. People played maplestory, at least in my 'crew' to grow, become self sufficient, while being social. Maplestory /by far/ had that going for it more than anything else. As the game progressed it lost that spirit and everything became solo. It's nice having the capability to solo, but when a game runs off profits like maplestory did/does, it's not the people who play the game that get that 'reward". The game rewarded people who didn't play and that was the worst part.

You need to lower the damage cap, you need to add a social structure, you need to make profits outside of damage potential. If maplestory kept to those 3 core things I'd probably still be playing it today. I think people need to make a differentiation between a content roll back, to a content revamp, one that encourages growth from playing, and close that gap between players who can buy and who cannot. They need to focus on quality of life perks, rather than cash shop influencing your in game gear perks.

18. Default Re: Pineapple it, Nexon = Fail

KhainiWest made a calm and insightful post in a thread with Pikamemnon and xparasite9 in it? What is the world coming to?

On a more serious note, I'm not sure whether or not you made any attempt at playing Reboot, but it isn't terribly far off from your principles/ideals that made you enjoy MapleStory in the first place. I'm not going to say that it's perfect or that it doesn't have its own problems I'm sure many others have pointed out, but the game's playable and enjoyable either solo or with friends, and is at least as far removed from being pay to win as I've ever seen MapleStory (maybe the furthest considering looting pets have been in the game for ages and vicious hammers aren't a thing on Reboot).

19. Default Re: Pineapple it, Nexon = Fail

i got the general idea of reboot, such as nexon trying to make it commit suicide

20. Default Re: Pineapple it, Nexon = Fail

rebot was fun until nexon decided to be nexon