IGN: Verrijzenis
    Server: Scania
    Level: 230
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: Scandalous
    Alliance: Scandalous
    Farm: Hollywood
    usa

Default Randomly Hellbanned at 3:30AM Upon Relog?

Hey everyone, just experienced something pretty strange:

Throughout the day, I was logged onto the luminous link mule that I was training on my main account; note that during this time, I was able to freely log on and off the character, transferring pots, equips, mesos, etc. as needed. At around 3:30AM PST or so, the luminous reached 120 and I did 3 things: I went to FM and deposited everything on the luminous into storage (including mesos); went into CS on the luminous, moved the quest booster 2x card into cs, and simultaneously purchased a character slot; and logged off only to log back onto a very old mechanic on the account, which I got to lv70 when mechanics first came out and hadn't touched since. Now, when I attempted to remove mesos from storage on the mechanic, I received the follow message (read: NOT a 15-min IP ban): "Items or mesos cannot be moved. Please contact customer support." Immediately after this message appeared, I was unable to log onto the Nexon site for a few minutes (the gateway was broken), though I am now.

What I'm confused about is if this is a "legitimate" hellban, why has it randomly taken effect at 3:30AM PST when I logged into a particular character?-- Additionally, I would also want to add that I currently have 2 tickets underway for 2 legitimately acquired items, respectively, that were deleted from my account.

Besides all of this, I'm also seeing some rather strange distortion of the query box, etc. on my NX charging page, too:

http://i.imgur.com/MCsQhBC.png
    http://i.imgur.com/z3RUggu.png
    http://i.imgur.com/r3FqLgG.png

2. Default Re: Randomly Hellbanned at 3:30AM Upon Relog?

Maybe depositing a large number of certain items or mesos into storage can trigger auto-hellban now. Did you move a lot of valuble items?
    I can't imaging GMs working at 3:30 am, but perhaps they have remote GMs doing stuff from Korea or elsewhere. Why pay American GMs that exorbitant American minimum wage to ban the wrong people and remove the wrong items when they can do the same from other countries much more cheaply.

3. Proton Male
    usa

Default Re: Randomly Hellbanned at 3:30AM Upon Relog?

I didn't deposit a large amount of anything. Whatever I did move, it was stuff like pots, exp accumulation-- stuff like that. I never have a large amount of mesos on me at one time, so what I usually do when I'm on every char is I'll move whatever mesos I do have on me altogether onto the character I'm training, and then move it onto the next character, and so on... So, I was logging in and out of the account quite a few times, including entering/using storage. I'm planning to enter a livechat during working hours today, so we'll see what entails.

EDIT: You can actually see what I mentioned above in the 2nd link. I literally have 0 mesos on my main, and since I couldn't retrieve what mesos I had been moving all over the place, I can't do anything on it for the time being...

4. Default Re: Randomly Hellbanned at 3:30AM Upon Relog?

it is a strange thing this thing
    maybe you should contact nexon regarding this
    there is a possiblity that you got hellbanned for no particular reason
    we all know what nexon is capable of

5. Proton Male
    usa

I finally got the simple, but menial answer I was looking for. The first time around I went into regular livechat, the GM told me that they "don't handle this issue in chat" and that I "will need to submit a ticket and wait for it to be answered." Then, a complete turnaround, he offered that the issue was "being investigated currently" and said he would transfer me to ban appeals-- all in all I waited 1 hr the first time around, and it was fruitless.

The second time around is below, and it took literally another 1.5hrs of waiting for a 2-minute answer... :

6. Default Re: Randomly Hellbanned at 3:30AM Upon Relog?

Ohhh!! Was that a human who answered you??? Can't believe it!

Hope you get unhellbanned soon. Good luck!

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Why couldn't the GM release your tradeblock on the spot? Why must you wait until they do it en masse in a maintenance, if they admit it's a glitch?

8. Default Re: Randomly Hellbanned at 3:30AM Upon Relog?

I imagine a chat lackey has no real power. The support staff on the ticketing system can more easily send the request up the ladder, I imagine. A ticket with that chat log might help if you request immediate action, since they admit fault (essentially) in the chat log.

9. Neon Atom Straight Male

IGN: Huskey
    Server: KradiaEMS
    Level: 160
    Job: Aran
    Guild: UndiesPatrol
    Alliance: UndiesUnited
    netherlands

I'd say because they don't have actual prove that he is hellbanned because of a glitch. Sure, it's 99% likely from their view, but not 100%. If they do it en masse, they checked that all those persons meet their criteria, whatever they may be.

10. Proton Male
    usa

Would an attachment of the screenshot above along with reference work? I didn't forward the actual log to myself. At any rate, I'll submit a ticket. How exactly do I coerce "immediate action"?

Wouldn't they be able to easily determine that they did not administer the tradeblock themselves, then? Further, weren't those whom were initially tradeblocked already taken care of in the previous updates/maintenances? I thought tradeblocks themselves were instated on an en masse and situational, not randomly individual, basis.

11. Default Re: Randomly Hellbanned at 3:30AM Upon Relog?

It might. The only thing you can do is try.

You might not be able to get immediate action, but I also wouldn't wait for a mysterious patch that may never come or may come in 6 months. At least if you submit a ticket you have a record of a request on file. I doubt any information was really recorded after this chat because they just said, "We'll get it fixed soon." It was probably just dumped into a log of chats and no active request was made for your problem.

12. Proton Male
    usa

Thanks. I put in a ticket. You're right about no information being recorded; in the past, chats with reference to a ticket automatically attached themselves to that ticket, but I had no reference.

13. Default Re: Randomly Hellbanned at 3:30AM Upon Relog?

No problem. Good luck to you!

14. Default Re: Randomly Hellbanned at 3:30AM Upon Relog?

When my friend was randomly hellbanned a while ago, they said that they couldn't just release him until they fixed the glitch because he'd just get hellbanned again.

15. Default Re: Randomly Hellbanned at 3:30AM Upon Relog?

Well, somehow I got hellbanned too. I don't even know how, but I get to suffer all the stupid crap lately. :p

16. Orbital Bee Cannon

This is interesting. My guildy who had been locked out of his main due to Error 38, also got randomly tradeblocked yesterday.

17. Default Re: Randomly Hellbanned at 3:30AM Upon Relog?

A friend of mine in GAZED was hellbanned randomly immediately after logging out on his character about two days ago (was adding link skills). When he relogged about 5-10 minutes later, he was hellbanned upon relogging.

Something important to note, he mentioned that he traded another player mesos for NX, and this said player was recently hellbanned as apart of the duplication exploit earlier this month.

So there's a chance:
    A) Nexon is hellbanning players that they've noticed are purchasing NX for mesos (against ToU)
    B) Previously hellbanned players still have a "bug or virus (for lack of better words)" on them, which is hellbanning others randomly.

@Alloy; Does A or B apply to you as well? (or purchased something from the FM recently)?

18. Default Re: Randomly Hellbanned at 3:30AM Upon Relog?

Nope, I've never traded for NX, literally. But what did happen to me was the error 38 lockdown thing on my main. In case it has any relation.

And it happened when I checked a mule of mine...

It seems to happen after checking other characters on the same account, somehow.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon

My guildy never buys or sells NX either, and I strongly doubt he bought anything in FM (he's quite poor so he stays away from there).