2. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Those are fire weak. Even still, a 150k crit with SE on fire-weak with a skill that's like 240ish power weaker than Meteo is pretty good. Scratch that - all of what I said + the fact that's all done without a fire wand = amazing damage.

I'm literally crying looking at that screenie at 1:11-1:12. That's a combined 127k hit - FROM A MAGICIAN. I hit a 116k crit with Paralyze on a poison-weak mob with Echo, SE, a Banana Graham Pie, and a Poison Wand - at Lv. 200. This Evan hit 127k combined with SE using an elementally neutral skill and, as far as we're aware, no other crazy buffs. I'm SO happy to see this kind of single target damage from Magicians you have no idea. The fact that this class can mob fast enough to be a great training class, has extremely competitive and impressive single target DPS, and have a plethora of useful party skills, makes this, in the end, an amazing representation of Magic-based classes in an RPG.

Only thing we have yet to see is Blaze for comparison, but considering passive Mage crits are working (and SE clearly gives an amazing boost), I'm thinking Illusion just might edge out as the better of the two single target skills. Though throw Ewand5 into the mix and they'll be really close.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Waiting for comparison as well.

Only reason illusion would come out on top at this point though is because the 10 base attack boost that both skills got benefits illusion way more than blaze.

4. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

True that. And because, again, crits work more often with multi-hit skills, its DPS might come out on top.

But yeah...Ele wands really do add a ton of damage, and Blaze is immensely stronger than Illusion in terms of base power, so who knows. Of course speed is also a factor too, and I think Blaze is faster, so =/. We'll see!

Oh, and little fun thing too: in the first, what, 30 seconds or so of the video, you can see the Evan use their monster rider to ride their Dragon familiar. So sexy .

5. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Eh. I dunno about crits. It's different for mages than weapon classes. The fact that blaze has really high base attack means that the multiplicative attribute of their crits gives them a ridiculous boost. 100k turns to 170k...

Spoiler

What i don't get is why they didn't allow us to just ride it constantly and let us use all of our skills while on the dragon. >_> I would have made it just for that.
    Last edited by Takebacker; 2009-12-03 at 02:06 AM.

6. Default

Do people never consider attack speeds, and the frequency at which you can use attacks? Illusion is literally 3 times slower than most attacks. So what if it can do over 100k damage?

7. Default

The range of that flame breath skill is ridiculous, it reaches across the whole screen.

8. Default

Thats a different case in msea, elemental weapons reduce holy damage here.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Illusion may be slower, but don't forget when they crit, they CRIT. I am now awaiting a MP Zerked Evan with an elemental wand. Maybe add an Apple for good measures. 20 second Dark Fog for 1600 MP per cast? YES PLEASE.

Hmmmm, now I need to find a decent Fire E-wand.
    Last edited by IllegallySane; 2009-12-03 at 02:48 AM.

10. Default

What does this exactly mean?

11. GLADIGATORS
    usa

It does that in GMS too.

12. Default

Is that a PQ timer extension CS item....?

KMS solution to PB lololol

13. Default

i guess im not updated. last time i saw, bishops were using e-wands in windia.
    Last edited by DeanNim; 2009-12-03 at 05:28 AM.

14. Default

1.2.271 was released

They changed a lot of stuff about the elemental weapons. It's obvious that they're still testing this stuff.

15. Helium Atom
    IGN: Taikobos
    Server: Windia
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: Shinyuu
    Alliance: Cascada

You canīt be serious

16. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

I hope they lowered the hands requirements on the knuckles. Also, if they increased the crit chance and bonus damage on the weapons for classes that don't have a natural crit, that'd be nice. lol and ./facepalm at the fact Night Lords, Archers, and Aran get a 5% increased crit chance while everybody else who do not crit also get..... 5% increased crit chance.

17. Default

They changed night lords to shadowers, crossbowman to bowman, etc. Everything got swapped. Remember, this is Tespia.

18. Default

anyone think Evan's might be valuable at Pink Bean? I was looking more into their skills and magic resistance is a party skill that reduces 20% magic damage taken...partial solution to taking Ariel/PB dmg?

*edit* does anyone know if you have to allocate all ur SPs into skills before advancing to the next mastery or does the change automatically happen when you get to the required level?
    Last edited by Furnost; 2009-12-03 at 11:23 AM.

19. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Pretty obvious, yes.