Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Buccaneers were meant to be able to wear guns and not knuckles?

2. Default

I don't see why that matters because the point still stands. Every job will be encouraged to play the standard, still. I just used a basic formula as an example.

3. Default

The point there is that Buccaneers have to add 4 into STR, that doesn't add into HANDS.

4. Default

Doesn't change the fact that most people stop adding dex after like 60 or something when ideally you should be adding the same amount of str/dex every level from 1 - 200. By doing this you would probably have enough hands.

5. Default

Any job except Warriors and Buccaneers can reach any hand requirement by playing the normal build; in fact, they reach it faster by playing low-stat/statless builds.

It's almost impossible to reach 400 hands with a Warrior or Buccaneer; in fact, the most Hands a naked Warrior could ever have a purpose for outside of this ridiculous requirement is around 232. If the Warrior ever even wanted to wear the 400 Hand weapon, they're short 175 hands at 105, and the Buccaneer is short 135. The Warrior would probably have to wait until Fourth Job to even dream of wearing it, while having full Hands gear; they'd be Low STR (325 Total). How is that any good?

Even if a character added 1 DEX every level until 200, and 2 DEX for levels 1~30, they're still short 162 Hands.

6. Default

Well if that is the case then it's a guarantee that they'll change the requirement. They wouldn't implement something that no one could use; they're not nexon america. But it will probably still be a number that requires you to go for a standard stat-build and you'll have to decide which is more important to you.

Also how many people do you really think will be able to complete this PQ at 105? Seems like sort of a non-issue, I think.

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

How many people do you think can kill BF for a dep star at 50?

8. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I notice there is no weapon for Paladins.

9. Default

Considering they also left out I/L AMs, Bishops and DKs who don't use spears, this is probably just testing the new weapons. >_>

10. Default

I like how they have now given elemental abilities to everyone but the classes that use elements.

11. Default

That was my point. People are way too greedy and feel inappropriately entitled to things at the required level rather than the reasonable level. The deputy star shouldn't be awarded until you can defeat bigfoot (or at a reasonable enough level that it should be possible but isn't for all jobs.) Same goes for zhelms, and clearly the stat requirements on these equips reinforce the idea that you're not entitled to anything.
    Last edited by Sarah; 2009-12-02 at 06:08 PM.

12. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Leonage
    Server: Scania
    Level: 128
    Job: Arch Mage
    Guild: LouisVuitton
    Alliance: .

The claw looks boss! I want with Aran too.

13. Default

I THINK it says "Dragon Rider." It could be referring to the bird-dragon things from Ereve. It really looks like those dudes from there. Leafre has a lot of dragons too, though. *shrug*

14. Default

I'm wondering how duration will go down? -1 from every time you attack/use a skill or every time you get hit? Hmmm

15. Default

If my Paladin had followed the (3 str 2 dex) build, I still would be shy of 400 hands at level 134 >_> Not by quite as much... but that's a lot of base dex (270 o_O)

There's no reasonable level for a warrior to have 400 hands - unless Nexon starts releasing Zakum-style x-to-all-stats gear in every slot, and it adds up to +100 to dex/luk/int.

Honestly the hands stat is dumb the way it is. Wow, let's make a stat that arbitrarily means LUK+INT+DEX? What does it even mean?It's basically 5*level for mages/thieves, 4*level for bowmen/corsairs, and 1*level for warriors/buccaneers. They could just put a level limit on the items, and have the exact same effect - oh, level 80+ for thief/mage gear, level 100+ for bowmen/corsairs, level ... 500+ for warriors.
    Last edited by Stereo; 2009-12-02 at 07:21 PM.

16. Default

They may have changed the formula to be STR + DEX + INT + LUK (base), in which case the Hands requirement is useless given that you will always have that amount of hands before the given level.

17. Default

드래고니카

Is that the black mage I'm looking at?

Looks like the one from that one video where it does not show its face. Looks awesome none the less.

18. Default

Watching this video reminded me of something:

Alcaster, Hughes, and Flo all told me that it's impossible for any one being to have both fire and ice because they're conflicting elements...

19. Default

Probably only applies to humans and not dragons.

@Stereo: Already addressed your point in an earlier post.

20. Default

LoL. What? A fire or poison elemental staff or wand would greatly trump this piece of crap. And it's slow (8) too...