Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/29/608...w-nintendo-3ds

This might've been known already from one of the Nintendo direct videos, but I didn't really expect them to release a new system so soon, while new games are still being made for the current systems. I guess most of us would be worried about the games being released, and ones being exclusively for the new system. This system having 2 additional shoulder buttons (ZL and ZR), a smaller analog pad on the right side, stronger CPU, better 3D, Amiibo figures, and a few other features.

Anyway, the first game being released for it is a port of Xenoblade Chronicles... The game is good, but I can expect this to be a start of exclusive games being made for it.

2. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

But... it's not a new system? It's a refined 3DS. Although the Xenoblade game only plays on the newer 3DS, I can't see many developers taking up a few tweaked features and cutting out an entire group who already has the original and XL hardware. That's just my two cents, though. Who the hell knows what Nintendo will do these days.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

I have mixed feelings about this solely due the "exclusivity" of games that might occur from this. Most likely won't trade in my 3DS XL unless the amount of exclusive games becomes overwhelming.

I would have been rather upset at this if I didn't already have the Wii version of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Tell that to Nintendo, who decided to call it "New 3DS".

4. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

A Xenoblade port is reason enough for me to get a New 3DS. Being able to use the C Stick for MH4U even moreso.

5. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

And I have a 2DS.

6. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

This is both good and bad. Good because more exposure for an otherwise rare game on a handheld that many more people own, bad because this makes me feel like an HD port is less likely.

7. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

Apparently there's also some rumours floating around regarding MH4U being New 3DS-enhanced with enhanced textures and anti-aliasing, so if this is indeed the case I'm pretty much sold on getting one.

8. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

Will this fit on a Circle Pad pro?

9. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

I can't get a new 3DS though.

I wouldn't have my Lucario decal.

10. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

I'm mad that the New 3DS XL doesn't have the same coloured buttons as the normal white one :{

11. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

Honestly, seeing as I will probably only play the Pokemon remakes and Smash Bros. on my 3DS, I'll probably wait until it has more exclusives and developers start to transition to it. Kind of seems like the DSi. Nice idea, but I don't think too many games will be exclusives, more likely they just have additional features for those who have it. This is how the 3DS should have been released.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

I kind of like the throwback to the Japanese SNES controller.

13. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

I think "New 3DS" is fine, since it is a 3DS with more features. Still not a new handheld.

14. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

I seriously have to ask. Why does Nintendo have to have 5+ versions of every handheld they release?

15. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

Did Sega have an influence on this?

16. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

I doubt it. Both the GameBoy and the DS had plenty of incarnations as well. It just seems to be something Nintendo does, and it's quite frankly annoying. I guess it works, though. I suppose it's nothing special to some people, like the ones who buy a cell phone every year because a newer model came out and not because their old one broke.

17. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

Spoiler

I happen see this is a tad annoying as to why they didn't think of this beforehand. Still doubting I'll ever get this.

18. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

I hope they do a Xenoblade themed New 3DS with this, that would get me to buy it no doubt.

19. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

I don't have a 3DS, but that might force me to finally get one. I still need to play all the 3DS Etrian games at the very least, so it's not like I would only be buying it for Xenoblade...

20. Default Re: New 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles

It is like the DS/DSi thing all over again only worse.

Probably a great thing to get if you are really into your Monster Hunter, they're not stupid with having a MH4U special edition New LL already.

The most appealing aspect of all this to me is probably the improved 3D. Sounds like it might actually be useable now.

I just got the Zelda XL this year so i don't really want a 3rd 3DS anytime soon. I might pick one up later if it gets enough exclusive games worth playing. Xeonoblade doesn't interest me, it isn't the sort of game i would want on a handheld. You can already play in on Wii/Wii U/PC anyway.

Well if you get a regular sized one you could possibly get a custom faceplate for it somewhere.