Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

Making more as a challenge, but since everyone is jumping on that bandwagon, why should I be the exception. : P
    Spoiler

/************************************************** **************************/

Google Play (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iJetpack&hl=en
    App Store (iOS): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/biki...ck/id826152480
    Last edited by Loose; 2014-03-26 at 06:54 PM.

2. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

If I kill you and eat your heart will I gain your talent?

3. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

The game-over screen should be different if she falls in the lava - have the bikini burn off and her quickly cover herself!

Also: I would correct you on the spelling of Flappy Bird, but knowing you...it's probably a different game.

-Edit-
    Oh damnit you caught it. Fappy Bird lol.

4. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

Should it really be lava then? I think tentacles at the top would be more appropriate. The cat's a nice touch.

5. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

Wasn't me. : P

I don't think tentacles and nudity will be accepted in the AppStore. : P

6. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

This be some sort of a discrimination.

7. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

oh man never mind GOOD LUCK

8. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

Different color hair and bikinis? possible bunny suit upgrade?

9. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

I've got a burning question;

Do the boobs jiggle?

10. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

Everyone is doing the same game over and over. Why not expand upon it? Use the "cat counter" as a currency and give the players different backgrounds, different characters, etc. Go jetpack joyride on their asses and give them powerups.

11. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

Yes.

12. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

I think I saw in another thread that you were doing this in Unity, yes? If not just ignore the rest of this post.

Out of curiosity, did you learn the 2D toolkit through just playing with it or find a tutorial?

I was originally going to adapt my current project into a 2D one with 4.3, but then when Unity released the built in 2D toolkit there was basically no resources on it, so I just decided to continue in 3D using an Orthographic Camera. Wondering if it was easy to learn.

13. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

wtp I told you to call it Fappy Bird.

14. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

I'm thinking of adding "coins" around the map and have the player tap on them to collect them, but this also thrusts you, so, you'll have to time your thrusts when collecting "coins". Maybe cupcakes.

Yup, it's Unity.

I tried using Unity before 4.3 to make 2D, didn't bother learning it and stuck with Flash. Started using Unity after a friend told me about the 4.3 (2D stuffs) update, so, I never used 2D Toolkit.

That's the name for the Adult version, Corn. Since you give it a name, you'll get it for free... if I can give out free stuff. : P

15. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

Go on...

Also, what if you had bikini tops/bottoms instead of coins?

16. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

By 2D Toolkit I meant the built in 2D tools, not the asset store bundle.

17. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

I saw one or two tutorials, to see how everything is setup. Then I Google whatever I need to do if I get stuck. For example, how to work with animations.

Followed the tutorial until I got everything setup, then I played around with stuff and checked tutorial/forums when I got stuck on something. I have a hard time following tutorials because I want to do different stuff.

18. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

19. Default Re: Bikini Jetpack (Flappy Bird-like game)

That's what I figured. Yeah, I feel the same way, but I like to at least get a basics tutorial so I can read up on what kind of things are available and what kind of options you have. Quite a few times I learned I was doing something the hard way after much frustration/work doing it myself, and there was actually an easy method or object that already existed in the Unity environment to do whatever it was for me. I couldn't really find any resources at all, combined with the fact that I'd have to redesign my project anyway, I decided not to bother.

Was just curious as to how you went at it. Thanks for the info.