Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: v.157 - Shining Star Update Highlights

I noticed it doesn't say anything about your equipment turning into equipment traces when it is destroyed.
    So is all pre-enhanced accessory (not armor/weapon) a bit weaker than a fresh equip enhanced by the star force system due to the first few stars only giving defense/hp?

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: v.157 - Shining Star Update Highlights

I assume the traces weren't mentioned because these are just the highlights. It should be in the detailed update notes.

I don't know about pre-enhanced accessories, nor other items for that matter. EE's, on anything but weapon, gave random stats. I think that on weapons too, it was only the attack that was a fixed value.
    I do wonder whether we will be seeing a table of exactly how many of what stats every star gives, so we could decide whether it's worth it to destroy something and re-enhance it, or not.

3. Default Re: v.157 - Shining Star Update Highlights

iirc, you only gain like 5 all stat (or something around there) per star, so you won't really be missing out on a whole lot if you decided to enhance something pre-Star Force. Enhancements on anything but weapons and superior-tagged equipment was never even worth it in the first place though... I'll never understand why people wasted so much money on it.

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

IIRC we should finally be getting the BM revamp. I was a bit torn about what they did in KMS so I guess I'll come on for a bit to check it out.

5. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

For the poor people like me, 5 stat per star with 12 stars (Without Exploding your equip), is like 60 delicious stat at a 1-10m per try per star. For people without Superior Items, thats like 12-14 equips you can enhance...... And with those numbers i'm starting to doubt its 5 stat per star

6. Default Re: v.157 - Shining Star Update Highlights

Are the Shining Star Duo meant to look like 100% Kpop inspired because i love them.

7. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Yup, they are a copy paste from the KMS release.

8. Default Re: v.157 - Shining Star Update Highlights

I can't believe I forgot to post this until now.

@imcensored;

Question for KMS players - how useless does this update make nobooms? I have a few left and I'm not sure if I should try to liquidate them ASAP or not.

9. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

(Not a KMS player, but i kinda understand how the system works) They are still useful for 9+ stars on Tyrant equips (Especially Belts, Boots and Shoes) since they are expensive and difficult to replace.

10. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Still will be used for what they are used for now: tyrants. Star force will be better for capes, since replacing capes is ezpz, the price for them shouldn't rise THAT much to make guardians worth it.

For gloves, boots, and belt, no booms are still very much worth it, since replacing them is quite hard.

11. Default Re: v.157 - Shining Star Update Highlights

I wonder how the current cash scrolls would work with the upcoming enhancement system. Especially since there appears to be a safeguard for failing or destroying an item. Assuming we get a system similar to Korea's, and we could use the information from Orangemushroom's

12. Default Re: v.157 - Shining Star Update Highlights

Since only Royal Von Leon medals are being used, how many are required for each Royal VL equipment now?
    @HighOnMushrooms
    Last edited by PirateIzzy; 2014-11-28 at 03:45 PM.

13. Default Re: v.157 - Shining Star Update Highlights

I know there's a lot to gain from Star Force, I'm just saying if you already Enhanced something end-game worthy (in your eyes) it wouldn't really be worth remaking it just so you can take advantage of Star Force.

14. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

If the item explode, you get a trace that you can apply to a clean similar item to get back all your scrolling, potential, bonus potential and soul status (Nebs are still unknown, probably yes). If the item is something cheap that you can get for less than 100-200m then trying to go to the 25 star may be worthy (Apparently you start getting watt on star 15+ [Unconfirmed/Don't have a reliable source]), also other items besides weapons may get better not so random stats.

Superiors are the only one that you should thread carefully after the 8 star, Difficult and Expensive to replace, not to mention the cost of 55m+ per try starting from star 0. Regular is 1-10m+ for the first star.

All in all, you should probably try it if you feel lucky, apparently only till the 22-23 star the % chance of gaining another one becomes bullpomegranate (3%, 2% and 1% respectively), and the boom chance on the first few after 12 is 1%-10%.

15. Default Re: v.157 - Shining Star Update Highlights

You're still misunderstanding and providing me with information I already know, lol.
    I'll put it into an example instead: say someone has a set of cRA Armor that's fully scrolled with Prime Scrolls, Legendary Regular and Bonus Potential, 4% Nebulite... the works, but they Enhanced it to 5 stars to try and gain a few more stats out of the item. Would you rescroll the items just to gain 25 all stat per piece? I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't.

16. Default Re: v.157 - Shining Star Update Highlights

Just blow it up and start enhancing from zero. RA stuff is easy to replace.

(I think?)

17. Default Re: v.157 - Shining Star Update Highlights

I didn't even think of that. That brings up a good question though, will the game even be able to distinguish between pre-star force and post-star force enhancements? In terms of ranking down a star and using equipment traces, that is. I was under the impression that pre-star force enhancements would be there for good but I guess not.

18. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

This. No need to re-escroll if you already have those stuff enhanced and with crappy stats, blow that pomegranate to kingdom come (May be a little expensive) and then re-enhance if necessary (Don't forget to have a clean item ready before doing this). Worse Case scenario, you blow it up and restart from 1 star, best case scenario you jokingly end up with a 25 star equip (Which, like i said before, may get watt from 15+ star [Citation Needed])

@Above: i believe so, the fact that the game recognizes miracle stars from regular ones it's proof that it keeps some kind of track.

19. Default Re: v.157 - Shining Star Update Highlights

As far as I can tell, any enhancements pre-star force are not distinguished -- only MEEs were a different color star, and since we don't have those, no need to worry.
    Equip traces keep track of everything except enhancements.

I haven't enhanced any of my gear (since it's stupid and a waste of money), but after star force, if I get 12 equips to 10 stars, that's 600 extra dex and equates to a total of 3k more dex with 400% stat (which we both have more than).

I feel like I'm missing something because that's a loooot of extra stat

20. Default Re: v.157 - Shining Star Update Highlights

Oops I missed your visitor message somehow... I tried to talk to Mutt but he won't open the shop for me :S