Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Default Seanny's Character Drawing Dump.

Well, i did a drawing, the focus of which was to practice using my tablet and getting a hang of coloring.

Based on ....

I give you guys...

Spoiler

Wow... photobucket's preference to convert everything to jpg is kinda annoying... but here ya go.^_^;

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Seanny; 2011-12-02 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Added image to spoiler section since that's what everyone's up to here =D

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Maybe if you try to make the weapon look like it's not part of the body....

Pretty good.

3. Can of Soup Male

Ah thanks, now that you mention it... o.< her hand does seem to kinda turns into the weapon there... doh!

4. Default

I like how heavy the weapon looks, it's like she's dragging it.

Nice job, keep on practicing!

5. Sassy Stranger Male
    IGN: SlayerZach
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: YES
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Phoenix
    Farm: SlayerZach
    canada

Aww, adorable! Looking good, but I do admit, the random lines make me go .

Keep up the practice!

6. Can of Soup Male

Thanks =D I'll keep trying to get used to drawing on art programs, i really like what they can do ^^

Glad ya like , sorry for the random lines, i have a tendency to let my pen drag as i move my arm, tried getting rid of most of them without messing up the drawing then i got tired and gave up. xD

o.< now i need to look up how to do better looking lineart lol.

7. Can of Soup Male

I hope its okay to double post, but i saw a 'Draw this again' Meme on Deviantart, where you redo a previous subject to monitor your progress. and i wanted to see how Lumina would turn out after almost 2 years.

Now, truthfully, i haven't been seriously practicing like i should have, but in the last 3 months I've had small lessons from other artists and learned the importance of practicing anatomy from properly porportioned models.

This is my progress, and how Lumina turns out today. Turns out the thief revamp hyped me to draw this.

Spoiler

I still see some issues to me, even considering I was trying to match the style of MS characters to an extent. (my lineart. =[ ) but i intend to practice alot more intensely now. If anyone spots others it only confirms what i need to work on.

Maybe i might come back again a few months from now and try it again, maybe in a different style too. (I always wanted to be able to vary my style at will, opposed to being trapped up in one.)

8. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I must daresay, it looks a lot better than the first one .

9. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

I think it looks cleaner, not better. A lot cleaner by the way. The ''chibi'' style of the first one appeals to me the most. There is something with the face as well, I'm not sure what.

10. Can of Soup Male

Thanks guys!

I think the next time I come back to drawing her i'll try to recapture the style of the first and see if i succeed while improving it.

11. Default

For some reason I love how the Kreda came out. The subdued colors and rough shading are what stand out, to me, and while I'm not an artist, I would definitely be interested in more of that style.

12. Can of Soup Male

Just so im clear, is this regarding the first or 2nd picture? (=

(I appreciate the comment on either!)

13. Default

I like the overall feel of the first one. It reminds me of that manga about some young green-haired girl that I can't exactly recall...
    Anyways, what would make it better is giving it some more detail and make it cleaner.
    The second one is eh...

14. Default

Oh, my bad. The second.

15. Can of Soup Male

ohh gotcha, thanks!

Well, the new hair motivated me to change her look, and draw a chibi too.

I regret the nurse hat... I seriously didn't expect to run into so many people wearing it despite the CS saying it was 'Hot'. Regardless, when all else fails, kill 'em with cute.

Spoiler

I think i should prolly start looking up coloring tutorials for tablets again. Hopefully, the reading will bring about results you all can see.

At this point i'll just retitle the thread to something more fitting.
    Last edited by Seanny; 2011-12-04 at 01:36 AM. Reason: uploaded a more refined version

16. Can of Soup Male

Default Re: Seanny's Character Drawing Dump.

Hoping a double post is okay with threads like these.

Regardless... I'm still going at it. I've spent a lot of time trying to learn how to draw in perspective and at various angles... and got nostalgia for my old I/L Mage soooooooo~

Spoiler

Hope to improve at that, as well as coloring (man that made my brain hurt.)

17. Can of Soup Male

Long time no post.

Haven't given up though! I'm still practicing.

My friend was streaming herself drawing some characters and i realized I hadn't posted anything here in a while.

Spent the last hour or so of my night afterwards putting this together, I might finish it up and color it tomorrow.

Spoiler

I still have the feels for I/L Mage.

Though after re-reading the posts here, i should really draw something a bit more refined and detailed just to really test myself, I always think cartoony when I draw maple by nature... but bringing it up to the next level really has potential and all.

18. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Looks nice.

19. Default Re: Seanny's Character Drawing Dump.

What I really like about these is that you can very clearly see progress, which is always interesting. My suggestion to you to help improve your work is to do some anatomy studies. In learning skeletal structure, proportions, etc. - the rules - of how a realistic human body looks and moves, you also learn how to bend the rules.

If any of that made sense. Anyhow, keep at it, I find it's always very interesting to watch a person progress like this!

20. Can of Soup Male

Thank you!

And thank you as well! Makes me smile when people point out improvements.

You do have a point with the anatomy studies. All of my practice so far is with pictures of real people, but I retain very little detail when i actually draw from my head. I'd really like to have the skill to draw without reference like what some artists are capable of so pretty much all of these here are done without them. As a way of checking my progress to that goal.

I've had a ton of artist friends drill into me to use references more. I should do one with ref in a more realistic style for here!

Also... what would you consider a good way of doing such a study? consistent sketches of the skeleton and movement ranges or full on refined drawings... or even blind contour? (Which i love btw, i avoided it cause of awkwardness for a long time but i think its really helping me see better since i started this year!)

Edit: Finished that Coloring!

Spoiler
    Last edited by Seanny; 2012-11-05 at 12:49 PM.