Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default What's the future for GMS?

I don't think I'm the only one who thinks Maplestory has become ... well less fun I guess.
    To keep people playing nexon is launching a new job like every half a year. But they won't be able to do that forever ...

What do you think will become of maple in the future ??

2. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

It will stay the same, those filthy capitalist pigs called Nexon will continue to thrive, while all the hackers will continue to run their game, and people leave/enter to balance out everything.

3. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

Hope they hurry up with MS2 so a good chunk of the hackers move there and Nexon will stop unbalancing the game.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

Spoiler

no other way.

5. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

MapleStory is not even close to death, and the only thing that changes is the people. I wish Nexon would have done stuff differently in many areas, but there is no denying that they make a ton of money and the game remains extremely popular compared to other, and in many ways better, mmorpgs.

And MS 2 is just a pipedream that will never happen.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

7. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

Maybe I'm being irrelevant to the topic but despite most of the problems that GMS has... I'd rather play GMS instead of MSEA... This is how I feel as a mapler in MSEA.

8. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

Yeah GMS is great server crashes, constant maintenances that fix nothing, hacking items being duped nonstop and people being hacked all day every day. Why wouldn’t you want to play?

Edit – Oh look at that an unscheduled maintanence…

9. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

Exactly my thoughts.

10. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

It'll sink faster than the TORtanic.

11. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

12. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

I don't know. The fun of the game seems to have depleted quite rapidly.
    Seriously 600atk+ weapons for under 10$ you know something isn't right when you see that.... Not just that the attitude of the average "gamer" has changed not just in maple but everywhere.

I think this will happen until something is done about hackers.. If nexon do close down those sites and strengthen security the game might be savaged BUT.. If it keeps going down this same pomegranate hole of a path. GMS will most definitely start to crumble..

13. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

Maple story future is rollback.

14. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

People have been predicting the "death" of Maplestory since 2007 and maybe even before then, much like people have been predicting the end of the world since thousands of years BC. However, I do wonder sometimes how long Maple can actually survive in this decrepit state that it is undeniably in.

15. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: CptManuel
    Server: Yellonde
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Insane
    Alliance: Resurgence
    venezuela

16. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

Future for GMS: Death next year when NexonAM finally gives up.
    Future for KMS: Lives past 2020.

17. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

The future of MapleStory is the present of MapleStory. Nexon will throw the same garbage at everyone and they will still blindly come back, wallets open, for more. I don't see why anyone thinks it will change.

18. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

In my defense, while I may still play for some reason, they haven't seen a cent from me since the Alexina server of Mabinogi got so laggy I can't play my elf archer properly anymore.

19. Default Re: What's the future for GMS?

Why must such a good game be run by such a bad publisher?
    Sometimes I think about moving to KMS, but then again I'd lose everything I've worked on my account for 6 years now.