Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2ds announced

1. Default 2ds announced

Source

"The 2DS will be available for $129.99 on October 12th"

"The 2DS is fully compatible with all 3DS and DS games but does not include the ability to display games in 3D. It still features all the functionality of 3DS (WiFi, local multiplayer, etc.) and can be put to sleep using a slider that replicates closing the clamshell on a standard 3DS. WiFi can still be turned off, though it’s done via controls in the software rather than with a physical switch."

"The 2DS will launch in red and blue models to start and will be sold alongside the standard 3DS (still available for $169.99) and 3DS XL ($199.99). It will include a 4GB SD card and uses the same power source as 3DS and DSi. It also includes two cameras on the back side, so AR games still function and players can still take 3D photos -- they simply can’t be displayed on the 2DS, but are still viewable in full 3D if transferred to 3DS. The 2DS only includes one speaker, which plays mono sound, but features full stereo via its headphone jack."

> Launches alongside Pokemon X and Y
    > Aimed at children whos parents wont buy them an actual 3ds but would be ok with this
    > RIP Vita

2. Default Re: 2ds announced

October 12th, just in time for X and Y.

3. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Default Re: 2ds announced

Looks kinda big. Eh, The 3DS XL isn't pocket-sized either but hopefully, this will get more of my friends to play X/Y with me!

Spoiler

4. Default Re: 2ds announced

it's liek a mini tablet that plays 3/DS games o_o

5. Default Re: 2ds announced

its actually sized well

Spoiler

Spoiler

its like what everyone expected the DS to be like when they were first announced.

6. Default Re: 2ds announced

And I thought that new cheap Wii was bizzare, then they go and do this. Looks like a weird fan mock up.

Whatever, the more 3DS that sell the more games people will make for it.

But can I call the consoles 3DS as a whole now since one doesn't even do 3D. Nintendo seem to like to confuse the average consumer these days.

7. Default Re: 2ds announced

I laughed for a good twenty minutes when I first saw this piece of pomegranate.

Hahahahahaha.

Nintendo really doesn't know what it's doing on hardware.

8. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

So it's a 3DS without the 3D and without the ability to close for more compactness.

Even though you can just turn the 3D off on the 3DS.

... I'll just get a 3DS. It may be more expensive, but I like being able to close my handheld so it takes up less room when I carry it around.

9. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Problem is that you can't close it like the 3DS...hence why I mentioned that the "3DS XL isn't pocket-sized either". I like to bring my 3DS to places like at school or when I go out just in case I get bored of everything else. :P

10. Default Re: 2ds announced

I guess its $40 cheaper so it has that going for it... but not able to flip or close? Every Nintendo handheld (excluding micro) has been able to flip close since the SP. Its not really pocketsize... And when will the add that second circle pad? WHEN?!?!?!?

11. Default Re: 2ds announced

I alway suggest people put up for the 3ds XL because the difference is night and day :|

12. Default Re: 2ds announced

Its certainly worth it if you're going to get any of the 3d games (e.g. kid icarus, kingdom hearts, resident evil revelations, ocarina so on). If you're only getting 2d games, it's not as important (but then you're missing out on a lot of great games)

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Jesus christ that's ugly.

What a bizzare development, but I suppose it makes sense. Who the hell uses the 3D slider anyway? I sure don't.

14. I've got no strings Straight Male
    IGN: Ryukiro
    Server: Scania
    Level: 183
    Job: Night Lord
    Guild: Vigilante
    Alliance: Lore
    North_Carolina

The idea around a cheaper 3D-less 3DS was a really smart move especially for the holiday season. I just don't like the idea of it not being able to close. Oh well... give it the next version of it to fix that problem.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

... and to protect the screens and controls.

I get the feeling this thing's purpose is like that infamous "New Coke" back in the 80's: to make people appreciate the existing product. Watch as 3DS sales rise, while the 2DS never takes off.

16. Default Re: 2ds announced

Eh, I kinda like it. Already got a 3DS, but I wouldn't mind having this. I get headaches from having the 3D function on too long, so I just leave it turned off most of the time. I could see people going for this if they get headaches as well (Or just don't want to fool with it).

17. Default Re: 2ds announced

It never really worked like that before (the market for £1 softdrinkts and three figure electronics are understandably a bit different). A bad redesign (Hello gameboy micro/wii mini!) has never done anything to help sales.

I think it's because nintendo literally doesn't know what to do to try and get back the market that has gone to smartphone/tablets (After the wii u is falling all over itself), hence the ugly bad attempt at a tablet form factor while trying to keep the system able to run 3ds games (because nintendo can't afford to fail at making a dedicated tablet on top of the wii u)

18. Default Re: 2ds announced

I never had a problem when i was younger breaking screens, bur kids now a days are so careless

19. Default Re: 2ds announced

Looking at the price tag, this is a bit of good marketing on Nintendo's part. It's priced so you can buy it and a game for the same price as a regular 3DS. It's release coinciding with Pokémon X and Y is probably going to help push it along.
    Besides, it doesn't look too awful.

Spoiler

20. Default Re: 2ds announced

Gameboy screens were so crap and dark you couldn't see anything on them anyway, so it didn't matter if there were scratches. Also, the entire gameboy had a solid layer of clear plastic over the actual LCD screen, which all nintendo handhelds from DS (GBA SP?) onwards don't have because it would prevent the resistive touch screen from working.

Also, you're supposed to carry your 3ds everywhere for streetpassing, that'll pineapple the 2ds up if you try it.