Server: Yellonde
    Level: 181
    Job: Cannon Master
    Guild: Purify
    Alliance: Purify
    Farm: Yellondia
    Ohio

Default Re: Scheduled Minor Patch - May 8, 2013

So, neo-phantoms... YOU GET TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK.

NEXON. YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST DONE A DAMN ROLLBACK IF YOU DIDNT HAVE A WAY TO FIX IT.

DURP.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i assume finding out which classes suddenly turned into phantoms has to be quite the difficult chore.

4. Default Re: Scheduled Minor Patch - May 8, 2013

*headdesk* So in reality, they aren't actually releasing accounts from their bans one by one? They're just releasing entire batches at once? This whole fiasco just keeps getting more and more stupid.

And the phantom'd characters get to wait even longer. I wonder how many players will just quit because of this. Seriously.

5. Default Re: Scheduled Minor Patch - May 8, 2013

It's more secure.

And guess what, the phantom fix probably has to wait because of the time required for going through the hellbans. Pick your poison.

6. Default Re: Scheduled Minor Patch - May 8, 2013

You know what's more secure? A client that isn't a run down car waiting to break down any moment, every single day. It's ridiculous and appalling that a single packet being sent repeatedly is just "OK'd" by the server and has seemingly no side effects from it. And this is the same damn thing that happens with every exploit. When the hell is this company going to LEARN? From the looks of it, they don't even look at logs to easily find out which accounts were spamming the damn thing. Why is that so difficult? Do they even HAVE logs for this kind of pomegranate?
    This kind of bullpomegranate should not be happening in the first place. There's no excuse for it.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I just hope they're done with both before whatever surprise the hackers promised for the 16th springs up

8. Default Re: Scheduled Minor Patch - May 8, 2013

Go ahead and tell them to restructure their game. It probably won't happen until a MapleStory 2 comes around, and even then it's only a chance.

I'd imagine that for Nexon, it's probably cheaper to just keep the infrastructure the way it is and just deal with this problems as they happen. Unfortunately, last week was very pomegranatety.

9. Default Re: Scheduled Minor Patch - May 8, 2013

Assuming they still retained their old skill database on the server it should be fairly straight forward what their old class was.

10. Default Re: Scheduled Minor Patch - May 8, 2013

Oh boy, they promised a surprise on the 16th? This probably won't end well...

I'm kinda glad they delayed fixing the classes that were turned into Phantoms (this includes myself). I'd rather have them postpone it and have the fix run smoothly then have them rush a fix.

11. Default Re: Scheduled Minor Patch - May 8, 2013

Compared to two weeks (or very possibly more) of being a broken, unplayable phantom, I'd say a rollback immediately after the fact would've been a viable alternative to whats going on now for those affected by the "phantom hack". Of course, none of this affects me anyway. My personal and completely biased opinion in this case: Just go play something else for a while. Take a break until the game has a chance to get its stuff together. You'll also avoid being caught in the crossfire needlessly in case anything else happens between now and the 16th, which is apparently the day all hell breaks loose.

12. Default Scheduled Minor Patch - May 8, 2013

I was game for a rollback when it first happened. It's been a few days now; compensation has been handed out, hacks were uncovered that reveal possibly more dangerous activities, and some people have tried to move on. I feel like doing a rollback now would just cause more damage than it's worth.

13. Default Re: Scheduled Minor Patch - May 8, 2013

Poor neo-phantoms D:

I just hope i get unbanned tomorrow =( Or at least friday D: I can't do a lot of things since i have my etc and equip inventories u_u

14. Default Re: Scheduled Minor Patch - May 8, 2013

Wow another week of broken phantoms.. Then again this single hack has caused so much trouble for nexon I'm fearing what would happen if another huge hack surfaced. Also this message is a bit sketchy.. Does it mean people will be unhellanned? :F6:

15. Neon Atom
    IGN: Godtastik
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero / CM
    Guild: Articulate
    Alliance: Notorious

Then please push back the 24hr 2x to next week and I'll be content.

16. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Cozmose
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Enthralling
    Alliance: Provocative
    usa

What is this about a 24 hour 2x? I haven't seen anything about that..
    I wonder if those of us who got our characters changed will get any sort of compensation.. (not including that supposed 24hour 2x if it's happening)

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

May 11th is supposedly all day 2x.
    I hope it will be postponed (or, better yet, repeated) if they're not done fixing fake phantoms and un-tradeblocking everyone (that is innocent) by then.

18. Default Re: Scheduled Minor Patch - May 8, 2013

Darn it, neo-phantoms gotta wait another week. My friend isn't going to be happy :/. I feel bad for all these people affected by the hacks and exploits D:

19. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: VXArtillery
    Server: Yellonde
    Level: 181
    Job: Cannon Master
    Guild: Purify
    Alliance: Purify
    Farm: Yellondia
    Ohio

Love how they are just like "pineapple you guys you don't get 24-hour 2x" to the neo-phantoms.

Thanks Nexon.

Also, those unjustly hellbanned.
    Last edited by AcidAutumn; 2013-05-08 at 08:30 AM.