IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Dat staff.

On my Battle Mage I have a Legendary Dragon staff, it has like 156 Magic ATT, but also has 9% Critical Rate and 20% Boss Damage.

In the free market at the moment there is a Elemental Staff with 187 Magic ATT, and 9% INT potential for 900m.
    It's kinda pre-scrolled with +2, 4 slots remaining.

Would that elemental staff be a good investment? keeping in mind the Battle Mage attack speed thingy

EDIT: Image of the staff

2. Default Re: Dat staff.

I forgot exactly how fast BaMs gets with Advanced Yellow Aura but I know a fast staff is better than a slow just with that. The question is if inner potential -1 att speed would put you on the same level as a fast weapon if you use say an empress staff? In that case I don't think you'd do a good deal with that one.

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Default Re: Dat staff.

Slow Staves put me at 1 below speed cap I think, an Elemental staff would bring me to cap. I've tested it with my Dragon Staff (slow) and my level 103 elemental staff.
    While it is possible that the inner ability would get me to speed cap... I hate azwan, I can barely get to honor level 20, never mind 60 and even then the chances of me getting the ability is very very rare.

4. Default Re: Dat staff.

Maybe decent SI then? Though, if you don't plan on getting empress set bonus or such and want to keep costs down, go with an ele staff I guess. Faster is better after all.

5. Default Re: Dat staff.

do it do it do it do it

innocence and 90% +9 ma that baby

any dojo gloves + dat staff > decent si

6. Default Re: Dat staff.

How does one exclude the other?

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I caved and bought it, I looked through the FM and the only other Elemental Staff I could find was a clean one (181 M. ATT) for 950m

The 9% INT potential kinda sold it for me. thanks for the input guys :3

8. Default Re: Dat staff.

you hit speed cap without decent si with a fast staff

9. Default Re: Dat staff.

Yes, but you put dojo gloves + staff in a relation where you claim they are better than SI as if dojo gloves somehow makes decent SI unavailable.

10. Default Re: Dat staff.

you hit speed cap with that staff. when you are at speed cap decent si is useless

11. Default Re: Dat staff.

I just don't see your point since there are way better options available. If you ment from an economical standpoint, then sure, I agree.

12. Default Re: Dat staff.

wat
    >better options available

even the basic dojo gloves are awesome.

dat free 15% total damage, 12% boss, and 12% all stats

13. Default Re: Dat staff.

Not than the damn glove, the weapon.
    Fafnir set + dojo glove + tyrant gear is propably the best set up you can have. I dont think you'd even need decent SI for it to beat the same thing with an ele staff, but if you have it is better by far.

14. Default Re: Dat staff.

Those staves are ridiculously expensive. You got yourself a good deal. Not having to waste a line on DSI and +1attackspeed IA means a greater marginal benefit. Trust me, it's worth it. You will never get used to a speed(6) or speed(8) staff again.

Hadriel

15. Default Re: Dat staff.

fafnir staff is slow, and having to swap out gloves during bossfights would make you lose out in overall damage

lrn2pro, scrublord :v

ele staves will be the best bam weapon until they release another fast staff.

16. Default Re: Dat staff.

Which is... never... Am really frustrated with even the lack of normal(6) staves around. We need higher levelled Maple staves if you want BaMs to be decent DPSers.

Hadriel

17. Default Re: Dat staff.

If I remember correctly, you have the following speed boosts:
    Booster (-2)
    AYA (-1)
    Body Boost (-2) (Is this independent of AYA's speed boost? I'm assuming so)

So that's -5, assuming Body Boost is always on (Is that a thing? Can people do that? You'd need a lot of buff duration), which brings you to Faster(3) with a Slow(8) staff. Finishing Blow (990ms) + Sweeping Staff I (240ms) + Sweeping Staff II (300ms) is 1530ms at Normal(6), 1440ms at Fast(5), so 1260ms at Faster(3) and 1170ms at Faster(2).

So, an Elemental Staff would be 7.6% faster than a Slow(8) staff, so, for a slow staff to be better than an Elemental Staff, you'd need to the difference between the magic attack on the staves to be greater than 7.6% of your total magic attack, and 23% if you ignore Body Boost (Slow(8) would become only Fast(5) in this case).

If we look at the duration of Body Boost, it's 90 seconds with Union Aura, with a 120 second cooldown, so 75% of the time, you'd need an increase of 7.6% magic attack and 25% of the time, you'd need an increase of 23% magic attack, which averages out to 11.45% more magic attack.

I would say the elemental staff is a good investment, unless you're planning on getting a Fafnir staff or something. I'm not sure what your stats are, but I'm guessing it'd be difficult for a slow staff to match the elemental staff, but again, it depends on what your total magic attack is.

18. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Body Boost is 90 second duration and 90 second cooldown actually, since hypers you can have Body Boost on permanently, providing you are very attentive to when the buff ends.

The elemental staff has more magic attack than the Fafnir staff, I think, plus it's fully tradeable. So once Blaze Wizards get revamped it will be able to use it too. (and likely gain 5% extra damage, since this is a Poison staff)

19. Default Re: Dat staff.

Oh, really? Dammit, @Locked; do resistance skills tables.

The Fafnir Staff is 204matk clean, so if we compare a clean Fafnir Staff to that particular staff, it's only better if you have less than 223 matk total, which is really unlikely. Not counting the boss damage on the Fafnir staff, if that actually works, anyway.

20. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Oh, woops right. For some reason I was thinking of the weapons (like a Fafnir Crossbow) and not remembering that Magic Attack is usually higher.
    And I don't think the Fafnir boss damage works yet, I'm sure I remember seeing that Girasol mentioned it, in regards to us not getting additional options.