Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history books"

http://news.yahoo.com/mars-mystery-c...183538041.html

Kind of annoyed of the announcement of an announcement and gotta wait weeks.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

So what the hell are we supposed to discuss?

3. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

Obviously, its life on mars.

4. Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

Welome to science.

I really hate news companies jumping on slightest (Normally heavily exaggerated) reports before there is even time to follow standard scientific procedure

5. Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

Really though, I'm curious now.

6. Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

I think we're supposed to read the first sentence only:

Ok, I'll check in a few weeks.

7. Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

clearly its;

8. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Oh my god, this is astonishing! WHAT THE ?! Why do you even make news about this if you're not even revealing it?

9. Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

I love that guy, he's a hell of a lot smarter than any other person on that show...it's not saying much but still, lol.

But I don't think it has anything to do with life because NASA already made a statement about that the other day.

10. Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

This is called PR. NASA is poor as pineapple and needs money. This generates public interest, which will help them get funding. It's probably just going to be liquid water.

11. Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

Hey bro, you're poor as pineapple too. Why aren't you in history books?

12. Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

I don't have quite the desperation for money as NASA.

13. Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

fixed that for you

14. Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

As much as I like the news about a new discovery, this is really only relevant to the people funding NASA and NASA themselves.

15. Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

And probably all the astrophysicists/chemists/biologists around the world who don't work for NASA who are probably all waiting with baited breath for the data from everything Curiosity is doing.

16. Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

Or its;

If there are pirates on Mars we are going to have a serious problem.

In all seriousness though, I am interested in seeing what this is. Would be more interested if it involved life, because that is more in my field.

17. Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

Would be nice if the news would reveal that all of Mars can be terraformed in an Aria-esque fashion.

It's going to happen in my dreams at least.

18. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Announcement:
    We've made friends on Mars! They'll be visiting Earth soon for a diplomatic visit!
    Sneak peek:

19. Water

IGN: FasterHarder
    Server: Dirgie
    Level: 85
    Job: HotSexyRedhead
    Guild: TeamRocket/Doggies

Now this is interesting compared to most other discoveries.
    *waits several months to years for the results*

20. Default Re: NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has apparently made a discovery "for the history book

In this case hype plays to their advantage. Think of what happened during the Higgs boson pre- and actual announcement.

Now imagine what happened if the faster-than-light neutrino experiment actually had a pre-announcement. Some things are worth it. Some aren't.

Hadriel