1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Pink Bean class - tips and notes

Almost done with my Pink Bean (level 198 at the moment), and I thought I'd take some time to write down some tips for anyone else who's working on one or planning to make one.

1. If you're going to make a Pink Bean, do it now.
    Not that they're so hard to level that you'll need the whole month (we have until Oct 6), but Beefy's Kitchen closes on the 16th, and the pet skills you can make there come in handy. It'll take some time to collect enough Beefy's Coins, so start early. Note that the pet snack is currently bugged, and will not give PB the multipet skill. So don't waste time and coins on that.

2. Loot everything that drops, identify warrior stuff, NPC what you don't need.
    Many of us are not used to being "unfunded", and are in too much of a rush to level. But Pink Bean can't buy anything in FM or get anything from other characters, so he needs every meso and every item.

3. Get a Big Spider familiar.
    At around level 70 you can go to Big Spiders and hunt for one. You won't be able to use it until level 82, but at least at 70 it's not completely useless, exp-wise, to hunt Big Spiders.

4. Pink Beans can still benefit from other characters.
    While Pink Bean can't get party exp from other classes, he can get party buffs. So if you can get HS, or any other buffs, go for it. (I train my PB with HS, MW, AB, and Kishin Shoukan).
    Pink Bean can enjoy link skill benefits, so move yours to it if you want.
    For Pink Bean's Secret Diary missions to kill bosses (Normal Zakum, Easy HornTail, and Pink Bean), you can go with other classes, and it still counts.

5. Do Monster Park Extreme 100-140
    Many people R&J PQ through these levels. It may be faster, but it's a mistake, equipment-wise, and makes training at later levels slower.
    MPE drops Purple Senior gear (hat, overall, gloves, and shoes) which is epic on reveal and always for your class. It's also level 60, so cheap to reveal. With an inventory the size of Pink Bean's, you are almost certain to end up with 4%-6% str on each of these items. For a character that is unable to buy anything pre-potentialed, nor use many cubes, that is significant.

6. Put your Pink Bean in a guild
    Pink Bean doesn't get the Magnus or Easy Magnus quests, but he can get there by guild teleport. If you're lucky you can get a nice cape.
    Also, guild potions are nice.

7. Mr. Lee's Airlines is the best source of traits
    Ambition and Charm are pretty easy to get if you boss at all (and Zakum and HT are also good sources of EXP and of accessories), but Diligence is a bit tricky for a character that can't learn professions (although crafting in Beefy's Kitchen gives Diligence too).
    Go to Mr. Lee's Airlines and accept the quests from the hanging pilot's suit and from the loudspeaker. Once you collect the 20 pages each wants (drop from all mobs on the island), you turn them in for a Use item that raises your traits by about 100 each. If you only do that, you'll get your traits to level 10 in about a week. You can halve the time by also escaping the island in any vehicle: just collect all the etc items you run across (good that Pink Bean has such a large inventory) and hope you have enough when you happen on a map with a busted vehicle.
    One caveat: before you turn in the quest to fix the vehicle, drop any excess of an item it needs that you have. For example, if the quest needs 10 screws, and you have 12, drop 2 first. Otherwise it will take all 12 when you turn in the quest.
    After you turn the quest in, you can pick the stuff back up, talk to the vehicle, and select the option to leave the island. Once you reach Mr. Lee again, talk to him, and he'll give you the mount you used and another ~100 to each trait.

Have fun!

2. Default Re: Pink Bean class - tips and notes

Purple Senior equipment, when looted with a full equip inventory, goes to the Use tab, so keep your Use tab relatively empty if you're trying for a 6%Str equipment. The Use "equipment" are droppable, and is the only way to actually effectively trade Purple Senior equipment when your farming class and receiving class are not the same.

Hadriel

3. Orbital Bee Cannon

Default Re: Pink Bean class - tips and notes

Pink Beans can't drop trade, so this isn't directly relevant to this thread. But useful to know, I suppose.

4. Default Re: Pink Bean class - tips and notes

Oh frig... I keep forgetting... wait you can't pick up loot dropped from other characters? Oh bother...

Hadriel

5. Orbital Bee Cannon

Nope. A Pink Bean has to get all their own gear. They can loot from someone else's kill, but they can't loot what someone else dropped. (And vice versa: other characters can't even see the items a Pink Bean drops, much less loot them).

6. Default Re: Pink Bean class - tips and notes

- Try to multi task on what you're doing, it's good to get beginner traveler out of the way with the taxi achievement, as well as parts of the one who touched the sky.

Talk to Stan and Grendal while you have the chance

- Do theme dungeons as you unlock them.

- Doing a few edelstein quests from La Tierre gives you some fame, 10 fame is enough. You should have enough to buy the hat I think.

- Try to talk to Alcaster while doing zakum, get the one who touched the sky finished and do the Eliza's rage questline, it gives 20 fame and isn't too hard (a little traveling though)

- Walk to Horntail instead of using the questline, travel around a bit while going there to get the Minar Explorer out of the way.

- Use runes as often possible.

- Auto feed from Beefy's helps with getting your pet to 30 closeness.

- Do Temple of Time quests with a friend and a Kanna.

This is all I got that don't cover your already written notes. Also may want to note that attendance might be a bit difficult to do now.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

I believe the "do attendance" achievement simply means "log in 3 days in a row".
    I never actually did the kill-200 attendance on my PB.
    I did do attendance on the account it's on, so that might be what got me the stamp.

8. Default Re: Pink Bean class - tips and notes

Did you do attendance on another character? Because I was finished after the second day of Pink Bean.

9. Default Re: Pink Bean class - tips and notes

If you still need diligence by around lv 180.
    You can trade in 1 silver Kritias coin (600 anti magic) for 3 hands sanitizer (total 15 diligence) at the Kritias coin shop.
    (pre-quest available at lv 160, but mobs are lv 180+ which may be too tough when under leveled)

10. Default Re: Pink Bean class - tips and notes

Do the crusader quest, kill bosses and loot crusader coins.

Go to the Crusader coin shop for 100SpellTraces/20coins(iirc). If you're just spell tracing for the stamp then 100% ST accessories as armor and weapon tend to burn a lot of ST.

(I would ST your pensalirs though, as it helps increase your range to train efficiently and they have a great set effect)

Oh and healing familiars do wonders. Even if you don't get them on your pb bring a mule/friend around with you that has a healing familiar.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon

True. The Bishop I train my PB with has a Mutant Snail familiar, it's great. Note that it can heal even when it's not on the same map, so even when I have to go somewhere alone (e.g., DI when the level gap is too big) I re-party the Bishop as soon as I'm inside, and still get the effect.