IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: Mechanic vs Corsair post - Tempest

part of me wants to say after the mechanic change where they get a potential bullets, which I would think heavily affect their bossing potential, but never dove into actual %'s. Dunno if overtuning bonus and that citizen skill which changes bots color compares to corsairs though.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Doesn't JoeTang's DPS thread pretty much shows that Mechanics are still #1 DPS (EXCLUDING the abomination that is Angelic Buster)?

Mechs' ~6k%/5.6k% vs Corsairs' 5.2k%/4.8k%?

5. Default Re: Mechanic vs Corsair post - Tempest

I would take a Corsair over a Mechanic just because they have status resistance and they don't need to stick themselves down in one spot to do decent single target damage. At the moment, laser is pretty bad compared to most other mobbing skills, too, so they're also harder to level than a Corsair.

6. Default Re: Mechanic vs Corsair post - Tempest

Laser Blast or whatever is atrociously dull, but in terms of single target DPS I think Mechanic would easily destroy Corsair.

Or you could play Angelic Burster.

7. Default Re: Mechanic vs Corsair post - Tempest

As boring as LAZ0RZ is, it does a retarded amount of damage (500%x4) in Tempest.

8. Default Re: Mechanic vs Corsair post - Tempest

Alternative question: What would be less boring to fund while waiting for Angelic Burster? (The idea is that you can just x-fer over all the equips, sans weapon to AB since their both pirates.

9. Default Re: Mechanic vs Corsair post - Tempest

To be honest, both classes bore the pomegranate out of me, but I think Mechanic would level and move faster and thus be less boring.

10. Default Re: Mechanic vs Corsair post - Tempest

Mechanics have better DPS but I find them incredibly boring, especially since Siege Mode confines you to one spot. Sairs have better mobility, 30% status resistance, and BullseyeParrottargetting.

11. Default Re: Mechanic vs Corsair post - Tempest

I trained a Mechanic up to 120 for the card deck recently and it was pretty fun right until I hit 4th job (which is thankfully where I stopped), the laser is just way too slow to be entertaining. I was really surprised at how fast Mechanic Dash is though, which was nice.

@Untradeable; I'd go Corsair, given the choice between the two. Just seems more fun to mess around with.

12. Default Re: Mechanic vs Corsair post - Tempest

I'll probably do 'sair. I had one wayyyyyyy long ago when pirates first came out, that was my first 4th jobber.

all those hours sniping newties.....-shudder-

13. Orbital Bee Cannon

I'll have to disagree. I admit laser is slow, but holy crap permanent Siege Mode is amazing. Also having 100% stance as a Mech is quite something. Not to mention all the utility. Mobility may be bad, but Teleports fix that. Accelerator makes monsters take more damage in the whole map. Party-wide damage amplifier? Holy crap. Then add in all their other machine summons. Seriously, I have all their summons hotkeyed because they're that useful.

14. Default Re: Mechanic vs Corsair post - Tempest

I'm 95% sure the accelerator doesn't work on Crockies, which is pretty much the only place I could even see it being useful.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon

I'll admit that's -1 point from Mechanics. However, constant damage amplifier, teleports, healing bot, on top of it's very high DPS is very hard to dispute. You also can't budge the blasted machine no matter how much damage it takes, meaning less time wasted moving back into position to attack.

16. Default Re: Mechanic vs Corsair post - Tempest

Also, since everyone seems to be saying LAZ0RZ is slow, it's faster than Eight-Legs Easton, even with GMS's stupid Jett delay for Fusillade, has 1.75x more range, and hits 2 more monsters, but does 1.18x less damage which is offset by Mechanics just being stronger anyways because of Overtuning and Amplifier.

So LAZ0RZ being slow is not a valid argument when it's faster than Corsair's equivalent.

17. Default Re: Mechanic vs Corsair post - Tempest

FUSILLADE HYPER SKILL: INCREASE RANGE/INCREASE SPEED/INCREASE HITS

GOTTA GO FAST!

18. Orbital Bee Cannon

InB4 Mechs get something better.