IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default KMST is no more!

This has been brewing for quite a while now.
    There has been a serious lack of support from Nexon for KMST and they've promised better support for a very long time now but that hasn't come and thus KMST will be closing off on the 31st with a new test server to open in the future. So no, it won't be going away permanently but it will be gone until Nexon can get its act together.

10/31(금) 2014년 2차 테스트 및 테스피아 서비스 종료 안내

What that notice is saying is that in order to make way for the new test server, the current term and test server service will end on the 31st. Both game and website will be unavailable with more information about the upcoming test server to come soon.
    Source: http://maplestoryt.nexon.com/MapleSt...oidArticle=953
    (Must have test server account to access)

2. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Default Re: KMST is no more!

How long has the current term been running?

3. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

About 5 months which is a bit longer than usual; they extended it indefinitely until today's announced closure date.

4. Default Re: KMST is no more!

pineapple, I need to record like 40 more minutes of footage before this pomegranate closes. Goddamnit!

5. Default Re: KMST is no more!

Now you know KMS is in the deep shiiter.

6. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: TidusAiYuna
    Server: BelloNova
    Level: 204
    Job: Drk
    Guild: Minah<3
    Alliance: Tiffany<3
    Farm: Hyuna<3
    australia

the end of ms is near RIP

7. Default Re: KMST is no more!

RIP in peace

8. Default Re: KMST is no more!

The serious lack of support for the test server has been around for years. It's now that Nexon admitted this and decided to restructure the test server.

9. Default Re: KMST is no more!

What kind of support are they looking to add to the test server?

10. Default Re: KMST is no more!

GMS does fine without a test server hardly any bugs. OH WAIT. RIP maple

11. Default Re: KMST is no more!

Probably one where they can actually get decent feedback from serious testers.

12. Default Re: KMST is no more!

I hope you're right.

13. Default Re: KMST is no more!

There are serious testers.

A lot of testers have submitted detailed reports in the past. If Nexon can't manage the test server then we all understand why these testers give up playing seriously and submitting their reports.

14. Default Re: KMST is no more!

Hence my comment. In the current system serious testers have to compete with ass hat reports. But all is dust if not Nexon themselves start acting on relevant feedback.

15. Default Re: KMST is no more!

No more sneak peeks at the next KMS patch.

But honestly, who didn't see this coming

16. Default Re: KMST is no more!

If KMS is in deep pomegranate, I'd hate to think what this means for the rest of the korean video game industry. Because KMS is still one of the top games in South Korea according to a website that tracks online game activity.

Rankings based on activity for the week of 9/1-9/7:

http://www.gamenote.com/rank_ongame/...ate=2014-09-01

KMS was the sixth most active game based off of however Gamenote tracks rankings. (I think they get their numbers from PC Cafes.) It rose up 1 rank from the previous week.

.....And it has been at #6 for every week since.

Granted, rankings haven't been changing much week by week as of late. So I am beginning to think there is something actually wrong with the industry here. Or perhaps this is just an inactive time for MMOs in general. I mostly just see it as a bad sign because Elsword has only been getting worse and worse over time yet it is now higher than I've ever seen it on this website.

Other Nexon games: Right above MS at #5 for the past two months is Dungeon Fighter. Yeah. It's still very alive in the rest of the world. (They just need to get the attention of Arcade style beat 'em up fans in the west for their upcoming second attempt.)

Mabinogi Heroes/Vindictus is going strong too. #10 for last week.

Mabinogi (#63) and Dragon Nest (#45) have seen better days though.....

17. Default Re: KMST is no more!

Late to this party, but maybe they simply don't want people to see/spoil the upcoming content right now. Yeah, sure, all the other reasons are part of the equation, but maybe they really are pushing forward with the Black Mage fight and they decided that would be the final straw to shut it down right now.

18. Default Re: KMST is no more!

I'm hoping when KMST returns they'll have 5th job in an early beta.

19. Default Re: KMST is no more!

this +lvl 210 content pleeeeeeeease surprise us nexon