1. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Okay, you were right.

So, people are really obsessing over these damage skins.

Who was it that told me that the focus of this game has dramatically changed? Who was it that told me that no one cares about real challenges anymore? Who was it that told me that people don't care about the platforming elements that used to be a defining characteristic of this game? Who was it that told me that people don't care about exploration and teamwork and beautiful scenery? Who was it that told me that people don't care about the intricate backstories about even miniscule things, like how Copper Drakes were banished to Perion because of how weak they were in comparison to the other Drakes in Sleepywood?

Who was it that told me that all people care about these days is making impressive numbers pop up on the screen to kill monsters and make even more impressive numbers pop up on the screen?

Because, whoever you were, you were right. I feel like I owe you..something, even though we never actually agreed to a bet.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Okay, you were right.

you still believed otherwise? you probably don't remember who told you because nobody did, your subconscious just grabbed it from every post in this forum, any forum you visit regarding maplestory, and the game itself.

people still care a very little little bit about fun boss mechanics, but that's it. that's all there is to care about now (and th emaps are so streamlined now there's no purpose to exploration)

4. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

nah, I remember someone saying it. maybe it wasn't southperry. maybe it was the official forums, or maybe it was even in-game.

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i was just kinda pushing it, i'm sure someone did, heck, dustin is the official "ya'll masochists" here. but every cash thread people voice their discomfort. maybe you weren't told about the lack of interest in the game here, but you certainly were told about how it's an e-peen damage contest (although not directly)

6. Default Re: Okay, you were right.

It's the sad truth.

8. Proton Male
    IGN: DemsXE
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 207
    Job: Xenon
    Guild: Premiere
    Alliance: Prime
    Farm: Dems

god forbid people care about damage in a rpg game based around damage. if you want to play second life, why not just go play second life? all of the new bosses to the game have been increasingly challenging and they continue to focus on correcting them. you don't like to play final fantasy and max out your stats or damage? if you're just here for the story and people and it's going towards damage(ITS A DAMAGE GAME) then leave it? your nostalgia goggles for pqs and stuff is just that, nostalgia goggles for pqs and stuff. things that haven't been here for years. why play a damage based game and care that people care about damage? you want everyone to be unfunded and do what? sit around el nath? do pqs with seemingly no reward for damage or furthering their gameplay options? you want us to load up an rpg and stay in the first half of it because there's people there? this game is a damage based, platform action, 2d rpg. that IS the game. not stay weak and chit chat with friends because that's how parasite thinks the game should be played lol.

not to mention none of this is stopping you from enjoying those things. none of this is stopping you from finding likeminded people(the first half of this thread). just start hanging out with each other all you people who like this and we'll keep bossing. nobody's impeding on you lol. this isn't parasite's community and you don't control it. judge it if you want but put it in the angry dome or something because whining about people caring about damage on a damage based game is getting tiresome. you post all day about this stuff and it's so hypocritical to the core of the game. this game is about doing damage not researching drakes lol.

you're like asking people to play some pick-up soccer but not watch the ball or try to get better but to just enjoy the grass. stop kicking the ball and look at the sky. seriously, this pomegranate is so misplaced it's not even funny lol.

10. Default Re: Okay, you were right.

Am I the only one with zero interest in damage skins?

11. Default Re: Okay, you were right.

@dems; You're about to get educated.

Literally, the first sentence of the OP that you are criticizing says

In case you don't know what the bolded means

The game wasn't always about damage, in fact it was one of the less shallow aspects that players even cared about.

No you see, we want the game to be more focused on less cubes and less bossing and on social interactions like before. How people like you play this game is so fascinating to me. You think the game is about just simply boss beating and funding, you're so brainwashed and naïve that you don't realize how shallow that makes the game.

Yet even when you spend thousands of hours or even thousands of dollars, the company punishes you for it in every possible way, from something as petty as making a newly released boss actually have no drops since it is considered "impossible" to kill, to denying you access to your character. The even sadder part? That you endorse this because you're able to do the only thing the game really offers as content. You have such a selfish view point of power, that you sound absolutely idiotic on your soapbox claming "OH YOU JUST WANT US TO BE POOR AND POWERLESS LIKE YOU, SCRUB", I literally could throw 5 grand down on a character tomorrow, out accomplish anything you've done in the game, just so I could look you in the eye on your fallacy of a high horse, and you would still be in denial that me being able to do that is a bad thing.

I think the answer to your attitude is how maplestory's population has completely dwindled. I know you think the world revolves around you because the only community left is just power hungry addicts who don't care what it takes to get some form of glory to justify your expenses whether time or money, but most people have left because maplsetory is so 1 dimensional now. Theres no adventure, there's no challenge, all the classes are essentially all the same, and the more released the less screen you see doing your skills.

Instead of catering to clearly the minority maplestory should be expanding what made it successful to begin with, not that you would know anything about that, since the only thing you enjoy is gambling on unnecessarily high risks just so you can beat down something with no other reward besides a small amount of in game currency "DERRR I DID IT".

You know what is funny? That you didn't actually read the f`ucking thread when you come in here with your half assed assessment, and end up looking like the biggest fool here.

12. Default Re: Okay, you were right.

5 grand wouldn't even be enough to self-make everything

13. Default Re: Okay, you were right.

I should have clarified that I'd be buying off market, for me to self make everything...I can't even imagine that to be honest.

14. Proton Male
    IGN: DemsXE
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 207
    Job: Xenon
    Guild: Premiere
    Alliance: Prime
    Farm: Dems

all of your arguments are based on my personality(which you don't know anything about) and game content you've never played/enjoyed(because you don't play). you also speak as though you're omniscient on what maple ever was/is. you cannot garner what my attitude is from one general post about what the game is designed around(damage obviously as it's a damage based rpg) and you don't know my personality. giving a counter-argument here is pointless as your points were made on baseless assumptions. you don't play this game so why do you think you know anything about the content? for your information the reason the game lost a lot of players was because of 1. the dupe fiasco and 2. the free market being controlled by very few people gouging on cra/fafnir/tryant(which if you knew anything about me...) and lastly and most importantly 3. the game has horrible support. got any issue at all? expect a 2 week wait from it to even be responded to and likely not fixed. had you raised any points based on sense or game facts i would have provided a rebuttal but you didn't so i'll address what you did say. do you know anything about my personality at all? do you know what i do in game or how funded i am or am not? do you know what i do when i play? have you even played the content? have you played old maple recently on a ps? what is the point of your argument? if they gave you the game you want back(which was terrible) would you even come back and play? why are you even here? why are your feelings so strong about a game you don't play? i get that you love this argument and you think you're good at it or assessing people but even this much of a response was a pointless, nor was my post addressing you. from here on out, i won't reply to anything you post at me as you don't even play the game nor are you particularly interesting to me. i did get a kick out of watching the "high" you got from that post though lol.

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I don't really care about them either, The only damage skin I wanted was the Hard Hitter damage skin for my Kanna, because it fits the character thematically.

Now that is out of the way, Aint no way i'm wasting any more time on getting one.

Seriously this thread though. I don't see people obsessing anywhere. And I fail to see how getting a purely visual item to further your customisation is in any way an indication of the power hungriness of the people playing the game when it has no bearing on it at all.

16. Default Re: Okay, you were right.

Am I the only one that finds it hard to read huge blocks or text that are not formatted and have bad grammar?

I really have not kept up with damage skins, but all of them are available through in game events and processes right? No nx ones yet?

17. Default Re: Okay, you were right.

I completely agree. I think the enthusiasm for damage skins is more towards the new customization available; that after years of the same numbers, you can finally make them slightly different.

18. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Exactly, hell, it was exciting to see Hayato's green numbers and Zero's dark numbers just because they were slightly different.

Yeah, none have been NX yet.

Of course the same can't be said for the skill skins which have cropped up in CMST recently, but they are a lot more work than a few numbers, so those at least make sense.

19. Default Re: Okay, you were right.

So trying to go through this...block of text which it may as well you be flailing about your entire point is I'm making "irrational" assumptions of you at a personal standpoint. A very common occurrence looking through your posts is that you victimize yourself. That when you are cornered you try to hurt credibility by saying this is personal drama and spite. So you could say I know a lot more about you judging by your very tone than you give me credit for.

Also, you demonstrating you either entered the wrong goddamn thread or that you didn't read any of it or have serious sentence comprehension issues, AREN'T about how you're personally what I would call a masochist.

Oh please, elaborate to me about how much new content I'm missing, ya know, stuff that isn't shown in extractions or just in general lets play videos? There's clearly some magic that isn't demonstrated by any other means than playing it.

Well being one of the most active players for almost 6* years, along with being the strongest in two different servers with two different classes within those 6* years, yeah I kind of am confident how the game actually functioned for at least my generation. But even if you question my 'perspective', the results are shown by the direction the game has chosen and the population that has chosen to left because of said path.

You have like 4 arguments here on southperry, one I even took part in, and most likely a basilmarket account. I know what game you play, why you play it (damage) and your perspective of other people who want it somewhat different.

There are a lot of details you have revealed to me to make those assumptions into logical conclusions. I don't need to be your best friend to know how people like you think, or you haven't heard of social engineering?

You not reading the original thread and you trying to post an irrelevant opinion about it, then trying to not only challenge that credibility but my entire post because you victimized yourself, is the pointless part.

...All of those issues have been issues since 2007, some of them since the beginning. So no, those aren't really valid reasons since the population suffered the biggest dips in 2011 going into 2012. There are so many other issues I bet you don't even know about.

You say responding to anything I said is pointless, then decide to rebuttal what I did say, which is entirely based on the fact you play a game that yourself have pointed out 3 major flaws. Okay mr contradiction.

What you're asking for is that I make the same mistake you did, come into the thread making an assumption of the content, making a post that really is completely off the original topic, but instead for maplestory, against it. The major problem that you have in your perspective is the game has always been about damage, which is not true. The game is now about damage (as you yourself said) which then makes it a shallow game to begin with, especially with the strong hack presence and limited support, which you have said. So really your arguing with yourself.

Yes, you constantly victimize yourself, think you're the center of GAZED, that maplestory is a damage based game and people should conform to it as you have, that you have most likely spent constant hours/money based on the fact you consider yourself the center of Gazed, and that maplestory requires an investment to do big bosses, which you clearly do otherwise you wouldn't have phrased your opinion as being superior to those who are against this.

See above.

see above

No because most of the content is just emphasized previous content (3 shadow clones for 6 throwing stars), videos and the extractions are enough to make these conclusions, especially after 6 years of gameplay.

The only time I played a PS was when I wanted to try out demonslayer without giving any money to nexon. After that I got bored because just like the real game, the content is overused. If I were to have actually spent money in the game, I would have spent nearly 17 grand to get where I was on the PS. But no, my perspective is not that old maplsetory was better, simply before cubes, it was perfect. You could add all the current content without potential and it probably be the best game I ever played.

What is the point of you coming into a thread with a half ass'd assumption, downvoting everyones posts? You incited this princess, I just responded because your behavior was asinine

If you actually look at my posts most of them are not maplestory related, if they are, it's telling masochists that they are in fact masochists. My feelings towards the games are very well justified as I was probably backstabbed harder than any other player in the game.

You pom'd my post which means it was regarding to me, along with your post saying "all of us should just play together". That's either poor word choice/action on your part, that isn't a 'me' problem.

I don't care if you respond or not, if you want to demonstrate your lack of conviction of your opinion, have at it. But I will continue to point out what you just attempted to do was foolish.

20. Default Re: Okay, you were right.

This thread is gonna have many pages before its locked down....

You are right about this one, damage skins should be the least to complain about when the argument is about damage obssesion in MS. However, xparasite's claims are still valid and proof of that is the Notify's KMST thread. Literally a couple of people commented there on wether the class looks fun to play or not while the vast mayority already are doing pineappleing math to see wether they are strong or not. Heck some have already drawn the conclusion that Blaze Wizard cant boss and its a training class which makes it "meh" after being in a TEST SERVER for like 12 hours.

I can't really tell if maplestory has always been a damage game or not. I started playing it right after beta and to be honest I always cared about damage (although back then it was more about doing good damage and not doing the best damage). To me the most enjoyable part of the game was when party training started at grims, which would turn grinding for hours into merely spending time with friends for hours talking about stuff while throwing some skills around. I could say the damage aspect of the game hasn't changed but rather the social aspect disappeared or has been limited (or more like obligated) to only those which are strong enough to face the few challenges of the game. Thats what Nexon has done to the game in other to make cubes a must.