1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Are there people here who still play their Mechanic during these latest updates?

After playing Zero and Thief classes like DB and Phantom, I've unfortunately realized that Mechanics worst weakness is that they have a pretty nasty problem with avoiding deadly attacks. Thanks to how Siege Mode works it's their best way to deal damage, which means Mechs have to more or less stand still to deal optimal damage. Now I'm not sure if the FLY update that the "Hovercraft" Hyper fixes this. I do also know the class also needs to set up so much stuff in order to maximize damage (Bots n' Tots, Teleporters, Damage Amplifier, Rock n' Shock bots. Additional utility bots include Healing and Accelerator), which can make things a hassle if you have to go through a dangerous area or weather a dangerous attack in order to set back up everything.

Before, most bosses more or less just spam deadly but survivable attacks, occasionally casting unfun stuff like Seduce whatnot occasionally and you at worst gotta watch out for when Damage Reflect is cast. Nowadays with stuff like Gollux, Hilla, and Root Abyss, trying to dodge killer attacks frequently and hopping around the map like a spaz is key. Mechanic is sadly too immobile in comparison to stay alive, or at least still be able to fight such bosses at full potential. I can't see it being fun having to fight at ~50% strength or less because you can't spend more than a few seconds in Siege Mode before you gotta get moving to avoid Gollux's hands or Vellum's ground burst.

As ridiculous as it sounds, I almost wish that Mechs got some sort of instant mobility skill like all the other classes. It can probably be emergency thrusters or something that lets you more or less Flash Jump away from danger. Or even better to keep it in flavor with the class, remove Missile Tank mode and instead give am Armored Mech mode where the Mech telescopes in size and nanomachines creates bulkier armor that's clearly built for battle. Same idea applies; the Armored Mech mode loses some speed, but it allows the ability to use Laser and Siege mode while in Armored mode, and keep the hasted buff effects that lets Mechs rebuff a lot quicker than in normal Mech mode. Key thing is the Mech can still climb ladders and ropes. It'll also give the ability to say use feet boosters to do their own Flash Jump. Perhaps the Flamethrower arm becomes the laser arm and fires Iron Man style, and the Mech has gatling guns on it's shoulders for Siege mode.

Regardless, the class really needs some mobility oriented buffs. Even Cannon Shooters will get a Flash Jump in the impending future, and they're supposed to be a heavy artillery class similar to Mechs.

2. Default Re: Are there people here who still play their Mechanic during these latest updates?

Agreed. Mechanics are really outdated imo. They were great, even OP, when they were first released, but the game has evolved significantly since then while Mechanics have yet to have a major revamp. My Mechanic has been stuck at level 14x for the longest time. I want to get it to level 200 but I can't stand the slow and clunky gameplay.

Better horizontal mobility is a must. Also, Rocket Jump's delay is annoying. Other classes have vertical movement skills with much shorter delays. Some of their summons could be improved as well. Rock n' Shock should just have a large AoE (like Thief's Dark Flare) instead of requiring you to move and summon it 3 separate times. The teleporters shouldn't have a duration. Instead they should stay active until you recast the skill or leave the map. It's really inconvenient having to reset the portals, especially when one side expires.

Mechanics also need a significant damage boost. The FLY update gave them a whopping 1% damage boost to Laser Blast.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Are there people here who still play their Mechanic during these latest updates?

Yeah, mechanics literally have nothing on cannoneers. Their summons are better, their mobility is top tier, their damage is higher, their equipment is cheaper (i think, anyway. cannons are absolutely dirt cheap but %str is significantly more expensive than %dex), you can job change to 2 other classes, and you can move NX to other adventurers. The only thing they have is party buffs/support but it doesn't at all compensate for the downsides they have in every single other area of their design.

4. Default Re: Are there people here who still play their Mechanic during these latest updates?

Mechanics would go so well with the Eunwol story.
    They are the real forgotten class.
    I was probably 1 of the 10 people who played mechs few months back.
    All the people I knew who mained a mech quit tho...
    And eventually I did too...
    Maybe we'll see some improvements in 10 years with 5th job.

5. Default Re: Are there people here who still play their Mechanic during these latest updates?

I just think that they could use a lot more durability with a smaller hit box. I mean you cant really evade anything and just have to tank stuff, but Mechs don't have much damage reduction or the HP of a tank. I do like the switching of modes between the tank/toaster, but the setting up of summons is impractical and their cool downs are ridiculous. Fun class still, but still in my secondary tier of things that might be cool to play one day.

6. Default Re: Are there people here who still play their Mechanic during these latest updates?

The game is retarded that it has bosses that deal attacks that insta-kill or do several times the average class's HP. And to compensate for that, Nexon just gives everyone and their mothers flash jump or some variant. Doing the same for Mechs would just make the class another one of the victims.

Mechs are a great concept, but the game's combat mehcanics need to be overhauled to make individual classes shine (rather than revamping the classes themselves).

7. Default Re: Are there people here who still play their Mechanic during these latest updates?

Mechanics just need a top-down remake like Archers, Warriors, and Mages got.

8. Default Re: Are there people here who still play their Mechanic during these latest updates?

Maybe give them some of that %hp attack resistance that Paladins have?

I wouldn't mind as long as its balanced like a Paladin's (needing to get yourself hit to trigger the 25%, and needing to hit a boss 6~ times to get the other 10%)

Besides the class that rides around on a tank should be tanky

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Are there people here who still play their Mechanic during these latest updates?

I'd be lying if I said that the newer boss fights aren't more exciting due to having avoidable but fatal attacks and encouraging movement. The old style of bossing wasn't as fun, where all you do is stand in one place and attack, occasionally moving to rebuff, reset attack count, or avoid DR. Both have their good and bad.

Yes please.

May depend. Paladins are meant to be the toughest mofos ever, so I wouldn't want to step on their toes by making Mechs be able to survive HP-% attacks as well. However, the idea of Mechs being able to tank attacks reminds me too much of Super Robots and it makes my inner nerd smile.