Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast
  1. Default Fairy Tail Thread (Spoilers)

Since I made one for One Piece, why not make one for fairy tail? This anime/manga is climbing the charts, and if it continues like that, it might even pass one piece. I just finished the tower of heaven arc, and I find this anime amazing. So... Discuss!
    Last edited by Raph589; 2012-03-23 at 12:25 PM.

2. Default

Bout time someone made a thread.

It gets better later in, although it sucks if you read the manga cause right when it seems like some awesome pomegranate's going down, you gotta wait till the next chapter.

3. Default

From Current Chapter (Like 4xx?)

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Spoiler

5. Default

Spoiler

Edit since newestchapter:
    Spoiler
    Last edited by OB3LISK; 2011-02-20 at 12:10 PM.

6. Default

YES. GOAT GOT DEFEATED/JOINED THEM. THEY CAN DO THIS. 2/8 GRIMMIORE HEART DOWN.

7. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Honestly, expected/10. I thought it was obvious from the start the goat would join lucy. It's one of the coolest parts of this story; how lucy acquires new spirits to become stronger. Was extremely awesome when she brought them all out at once. That gives the lesser used spirits a chance to get an appearance again.

8. Water

IGN: SolicShooter, SolicSage
    Server: Demethos
    Level: 162
    Job: Captain, BaM
    Guild: FallingStars
    Alliance: Quit MS
    netherlands

I kind of think they could've had more out of this plot. It would be cool if there would have finally been a spirit who despises the whole human-spirit bond and symbolizes it with repressing and summoning humans like he did. Would take a lot of lucy love to convert that. But it turns out he's just getting possesed by some stupid human. I must say that it was a pretty lame consequence to misusing that magic too. Here I was thinking that Lucy's mother could somehow be connected with the dissapearing dragons since she died in the same year that they dissapeared. Guess that's either for later or just completely unrelated. I'm dissapointed though that this didn't reveal anything on that. It seems like the author rushed this arc a bit.

9. Default

EDIT: rewritan poast.

Why does One Piece's art style look strikingly similar to Rave Master's and Fairy Tale? I'm going to be picking up Fairy Tale soon, actually. I still need to finish Rave Master (manga).

All the same artist or whatever? <_<

Hiro Mashima's profile

EDIT2: Meh, supposedly, they're just both influenced by the same person, thus, similar artstyle. That's sorta annoying, no wonder. I thought Rave Master was nothing like One Piece, at all.

10. Default

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/224/15

I can't find a specific link, but numerous times it was mentioned the dragons disappeared seven years ago.

7 =/= 20

11. Water

IGN: SolicShooter, SolicSage
    Server: Demethos
    Level: 162
    Job: Captain, BaM
    Guild: FallingStars
    Alliance: Quit MS
    netherlands

Huh? I'm pretty sure they said it was in year 777 and that was on her tombstone as well... Then again I've started with the anime and continued with the manga so that might have influenced it...

Edit: http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Lucy_Heartfilia

'In her home, Lucy kept a good relation with the staff in the estate and presumably her mother until she passed away when Lucy was around the age of ten[5] on July 07, X777; the same day that the dragons looking after Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel Redfox disappeared. However, her father was overly obsessed with his business and money, often neglecting his daughter, resulting her to run away from home just over a year before the beginning of the story.[6]'

I found it. In that fragment, Caprico was referring to the day he made the promise to protect her family not the day she died.

12. Default

Oh I see. Good point then, eh?

I saw in a chapter though that some dragons were talking about Zeref and some power thing. When I get home I'll recheck and link it. So if anything I'd think the dragon thing would be figured out soon.

13. Default

Yep, they had the same teacher/master. They are also friends, iirc.

14. Default

Epic pineappleing chapter.

1. Cana feels Lucy up (I'm a little jealous to be honest I stared at the picture for like a minute) and then knocks her out. Also NO WONDER CANA WANTED TO SPLIT UP WITH GRAY.

2. I think Cana is just being a peach to win since she's so pineappleing weak and lost 5 times already. I don't think she's really bad.

3. F7 at this fat pineapple looking like he wants to rape Lucy.

4. Path E is the one Natsu took. Time to go back and look at the background during Natsu vs. Gildartz.

5. I'll just assume Elfman and stone eyes LOST and ran away, since Elfman peached that they can't win.

6. MIRAJANE IS ALIVE AND BREATHING YES. If she died I could have cried. I almost cried when she died. It was so pineappleing Epic with her transforming and kicking ass despite her being low on energy/having just used the technique/being beat up by fighting Elfman.

So. Yeah. /255

15. Default

Fairy Tail 226:

Eh. That guy looks managable to beat. I think Lucy is weak, so now Natsu has to take down 3/7 people. Come onnn. Well. I expect Luxus to come take out Hades so I guess it's no problem if Natsu takes out the Purgatory members.

16. Default

Was okay. Am a little mad Natsu had to finish off another member of the Purgatory Kin. But it's okay I guess.

Three down (Goat, Fire, Fatso), four to go?

Lol at all the perverted thoughts in my head with all those Lucy poses....

17. Default

I haven't read this in ike a year but last thing I remember (and I'm sure I went a little after that) was that
    Spoiler

18. Proton

IGN: Veniece
    Server: Windia
    Level: 163
    Job: Battle Mage
    Guild: Voyagers
    Alliance: StrawHats

I read the description of Fairy Tail on Wiki, but it fails to make me want to start reading it :[

The plot seems too simple and seems like one of the mangas that won't last long because of the plot summary I read.(unlike One Piece that has a plot that could last forever, if not for Oda's recent statement that OP is at the halfway point now).

Can someone tell me whats so good about Fairy Tail and how it honestly how it compares to One Piece? Persuade me! :]

19. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Comparing an above average manga like fairy tail to one of the big 3 is silly. The only thing you should compare fairy tail to is rave master, because it's made by the same author and have strikingly similar elements.

20. Proton

IGN: Veniece
    Server: Windia
    Level: 163
    Job: Battle Mage
    Guild: Voyagers
    Alliance: StrawHats

You could compare it on a fun scale?

I don't want to waste my time watching something that is sub par. I'm not really an anime fanatic but I managed to get immersed in Naruto and One Piece and love it both. I want to save as much as I can from the time I'm wasting if you know what I mean LOL.

Pretty much I'm asking if its worth reading and how fun it is.

P.S. I don't read manga, just watch anime :P