Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: #Gamergate

1. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

You're acting as if a byproduct of this WASN'T her being harassed as a slut/whore.

2. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

(didnt mean to pom your post, trying to hit the reply button, and I'm not going to upvote it, just for clarity).

And you're acting as if she isn't the biproduct of harassing other people either with her extremist ideology. And just because it is a byproduct, doesn't actually take away from the original inquiry. We can't control everyone's actions, but we confidently say we discouraged that harassment, in order to discuss a bigger issue. We can control the message of a group which is we want professionals to be held accountable for actions that are deemed inappropriate and their clear assault on the base that feeds them. Gamergate doesn't represent those who harass zoe quin, like zoe quinn doesn't represent;

A) Those who sent death threats to gamergate individuals
    B) Made the creator of #notyourshield lose his job from uncontrolled harassment of the company
    C) Had syringes mailed to gamergate supporters saying for them to kill themselves
    D) DDOSING escapist for being transparent.

Or does she?

3. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

So how is it not understandable that some people would want to silence the topic that is facilitating the harassment on either side?

Nobody's defending Zoe Quinn for her actions. And saying that people are defending her is deflecting the point just as much as you claim people are blaming this on misogyny.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

because if i go and pineapple ray's brains out so he bans you and whoever else i want from the thread, and eos finds out, ray is getting told to pineapple off, and stripped from his position, because sexual favors for power will get you fired in any real company. good thing gaming journalism isn't a company, but a mafia then!

zoe's vagina was the rabbithole that started it all and through her incompetence and the incompetence of those around/inside her, it's been revealed how everyone is sucking everyone else's cock to create a huge cloud that can point at you and say, "your game sucks, stop that or else..." or do you think that if miss anita said some indie gamer was mysoginist her huge SJW fanbase wouldn't go and attack the pomegranate out of him? because that's what is happening with this clique of game"journos"

and if you had actually read or watched, and i mean ACTUALLY reading or watching around, you'd know beyond reason that nobody is getting harrassed over blatant lies, wait, no, i take that back, nobody on the journo side is getting harrassed over blatant lies, they are the ones doing that harrassing.

so if you want to close your eyes and be blind be my/our guest. just don't be surprised when people tell you you're an idiot and to GTFO

Spoiler

5. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

So, we should allow these people to continue with business as usual, since bias is okay? If Gaming Journalism was based around lies and bias then that would be acceptable, but people read the pomegranate and give a pomegranate because these people are supposed to give an educated unbiased review of how the game was. These reviews do affect game popularity somewhat, and people talk with each other to spread the word about "good" games. "Good" games get better reviews. When your sex life, and NOT you're game nets your game being called "good" then there is a problem.

You're brushing off the severity of how bias can affect media basically.

Again, you're brushing off the affect of bias in media. No one was calling you scum of the Earth. However, people want things to improve in Gaming Journalism and the Gaming Industry in general. That's not possible when people like Zoe Quinn and those she slept with affect the gaming industry how they did. I mean, it wasn't just one sexual favor. It wasn't just two sexual favors either. That's why people are getting so pissed! It's like she's planned out who she will sleep with in order to strategically get what she wants accomplished. There is something morally and ethically wrong with that when you get down to it. I'm not sure why you can't see this or accept that something needs to happen because of this.

Also, this won't be the last time you hear about Zoe Quinn, or those she slept with. She'll continue to do it, since it nets her attention and furthers her goals.

Exactly. I don't know why anyone would want to stop people from acting or fighting back when Zoe Quinn and her cronies were the ones to start this and cause damage. She caused the pomegranate-storm on GamerGate, made someone lose their job, and affected people's lives negatively in general. She didn't even stop after the GamerGate issue. This shows she is not willing to back down on her idiocy and to stop manipulating people in the industry. If nothing were to happen to her, it sets an example for others to pull the same pomegranate without repercussions.

6. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

Why is zoe quin's harassment anymore a priority than the hacked nude photos? How about Sterling? Boogie, jon tron, hell even me? You know I get a 3 month reminder of someone telling me they wish my family dies, and if they ever met me in real life they would kill me? Did I make a thread about it? No. Did you know about it? No. You know why? Because I'm not a professional victim. When Anita publically cries out "I just got threatened, family and I are forced to move, filing police report now", which by the way is the first thing cops tell you not to advertise, and come to find out that was fake? What do you call that Yoshi? Do you call that a victim or an attention grabbing pan handler when she suddenly asks for money for support.

They are, they have been, and those people always will be. Phil fish is a prime example of this. Gamergate, again, has been consistent, unless you want to provide evidence of the message ever being about anything else besides journal ethics, be my guest. Just go on twitter and search gamergate, you will see the most civil people being attacked by such irrational bull sh`it.

It's time to open your eyes bro, women can be as manipulative and evil as any man can be. As for 4chan, again, conflict of interest, considering Moot was both at Anita's convention/girlfriend works at gawker. Seeing a pattern here, or are you overlooking it in fear of a single individuals well being over "internet harassment". I've been dealing with that sh`it on command and conquer, maplestory and goddamn any mmo you can imagine, yet I'm still alive, I'm not scarred, and I'm not begging for money because of it.

And to set the record straight, I did support Anita's initial video, I didn't like how she blocked all the comments and silenced any discussion, but I feel that was the intention to get people to talk about it. I sent her a PM, in a civil way, giving my feedback that I think she shouldn't do that in the future, but found her perspective interesting/refreshing in terms of how we should expand. Its all the action afterwards that has shed light that she's a manipulative and terrible person.

7. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

You're right. We shouldn't try to defend ourselves against the pathetic slurs that social justice warriors throw out at us. We should focus on what we've been focusing on - namely, the tangled web between game developers and game reviewers. Yet, somehow, that's misogyny to even note an improper relationship that could influence judging and financing a game. Even if women like me are speaking out against this breach in journalism and supposedly "impartial" judging. These improper relationships not only matter to the general gaming public, but to the people who didn't get as good a score or as good a review on their games due to the clique not knowing who they are.

EDIT:

And a large part of Gamer Gate is the lack of transparency and lack of dedication to honesty that a lot of game journalists have shown. By that, I mean writing hate articles aimed at "gamers," puff articles about how Zoe Quinn is put upon through no fault of her own and pressuring people who have complaints aimed at gaming journalism and Zoe Quinn to shut up or lose their status in the industry.

As regards your view of Kickstarter - if someone invests in a venture, they are supposed to have news of how the venture is progressing: http://web.mit.edu/e-club/hadzima/wh...rms-part2.html

If they're being frozen out and ignored, how can the leaders of the venture take their money in good faith?

Actually, there may be a sexual relationship between her and Maya Kramer, which provides another set of issues with the IGF and Maya Kramer's relationship with the head of the IGF.

NEWEST EDIT:

This helps back up what the former, self-professed /d/ moderator claimed about moot and 4chan: https://twitter.com/ModernLeftist2/s...04397374386176

In case you have no idea what I'm talking about:

His first set of posts

His post regarding the (and I hate using this term) alleged Skype conversation between moot and his moderators, which is located here: http://pastebin.com/taynguzp

8. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

LOOK AT POOR DINA DEALING WITH SUCH HARASSMENT

If this doesn't scream feminest agenda to you, I don't know what does.

also;

9. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

So, an interesting development since I posted the above:

I noticed a series of tweets from this account: https://twitter.com/ModernLeftist2 that this person had a twenty-minute discussion with moot on September 18th (http://imgur.com/0pWugsw). After a friend showed me the link to those tweets, I asked the person to whom this account links whether or not that discussion with moot ended up with the supposed Skype chat being circulated via Pastebin. Fast forward thirty minutes, and ModernLeftist2 has deleted the original tweet he/she made about moot. Then asked he/she why I was such a liar, and proceeded to deflect in the worst way possible, beginning with this tweet I made to someone else (and @ModernLeftist2 was not tagged in these tweets until he/she entered the discussion): https://twitter.com/Keanna_Reeves/st...26952076349442

I don't deny the very real possibility that the account is fake, but I'd like to see any concrete evidence that it is, in fact, a sockpuppet account of a /pol/ user as three people have claimed.

If anyone knows, please feel free to contact me.
    Last edited by ChickenKiev; 2014-09-21 at 09:05 PM.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

Yoshi, you're just causing more headaches with your ignorance. Do us all a huge favor in this thread, and

Oh god don't remind me. This is going to leave a terrible mark on the game if she's not demoted, or at least have her influence be more restricted. Hopefully Inafune "accidentally" or "carelessly" forgets to insert her creations into the game. Someone needs to inform him about her true actions/intentions, showing her heart isn't in the right place and is using his game for her own selfish purposes.

11. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

Well, glad I donated to Shantae instead.

12. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

For those of you who wonder just how corrupt and agenda-pushing gaming journalism can affect video games:

1) Jason Schreier from Kotaku mocks George Kamitami as a 14-year old boy over the Sorceress design in Dragon's Crown.
    2) Samantha Allen from Polygon labels Tomodachi Life as a game that promotes 'gay erasure' Source
    3) Dead Rising 3 scored twice on Gamespot for different versions, one of the reviewers scores it a shocking 3/10 for 'sexism and racism' Source

Just three examples here, and here's where I'll summarize why these are problematic:

1) No one pineappling cares if games have some murders and some scantily-clad women, to call the second sexist is like saying it's sexist for real women to want to dress like that! For example, some people have called Ubisoft sexist for not including female playable assassins in Assassin's Creed: Unity, but given that sexism is based on general discrimination towards women and the series has a number of notable female characters, it absolutely doesn't add up.

2) None of these things are related to the actual quality of the game. To make a comparison, what these jokers are doing is tantamount to reviewing a car and complaining about what the makers of the car said about completely unrelated subjects rather than actually reviewing the specs, which is what they're paid to do.

3) Case #2 reeks of ethnocentrism. It takes only a simple Wikipedia search to tell you that gay marriage is not legal in Japan and Nintendo Japan allowing gay marriage in the game would have kicked up a lot of controversy, if it even managed to get approved. I'm emphasizing this because a lot of people took offense when they said they weren't trying to make a political statement with their game and misunderstood their intention:

"Allowing only straight marriages in Tomodachi life is not a political statement because that's how things are in Japan, but allowing gay marriage would be making a political statement because that would be defying common convention."

Tl;dr: These writers are trying to shame people for buying certain games regardless of the worth of the game, trash it based on irrelevant points and they clearly have no pineappling idea what they're talking about.

That is not okay!

13. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

In addition to Comcept USA refusing to refund donators' money because they think the community manager is helping to poison the game, Comcept JP has blocked someone who supports GamerGate, donated $300 to the project and has been blocked from the main MighyNo9 twitter: https://twitter.com/FortesSnC/status/513923667567181824

14. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

No person with any form of self respect should want to silence ANY topic; every single conceivable topic should be constantly up for debate, that is the only way progress will ever be made. The fact that so many are "taboo" or otherwise censored in this day and age is appalling, if a person truly believes in their point of view they should be able to defend it rationally; when they try to silence it, THEY KNOW THEY CAN'T, silencing a topic is a defense mechanism for those without the ability or intelligence to actually articulate their viewpoint, or for those that are aware that their viewpoint is full of holes but refuse to change their minds.

He's the same guy that called the sorceress' design "pedophilia". Talk about a guy using buzzwords he should understand and realize are 100% incorrect simply for shock value. I can't think of very many characters in video games LESS related to that claim, she's like 6'5 with each breast 2-3 times larger than her head.

15. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

Said it once before, pineapple Jason and everyone else throwing around words incorrectly to push their agenda while being wrong about everything. We don't take them seriously not because of social justice, but because even a novice at cultural issues would be able to tell that their arguments hold no water at all.

16. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

I should have said this yesterday but I was so overwhelmed by the inaccuracies presented to me that I simply overlooked it. A post was made but I can't find it that put it much more eloquently than I'm about to now but,

Gamergate is not a movement. It's a consumer revolt. We are promising our wallets will remain closed unless these journalists, these representatives are held accountable for their slander against the very consumer base that feeds them. People have had lost their jobs for less and hide under this facade that we're all sexist, racist, just frankly awful people for demanding a standard.

This is merely a warning before the storm because when D-day (Christmas) comes around, I promise you, those spikes in views on those websites that need to be held accountable, will be looking very familiar to bigger business' on the biggest night of the year.

17. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

^ Word. If we don't see jobs rolling, these latest leaks and our mass boycott will have everything crashing down.

Also, latest updates!

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-L...rnoPros-emails
    http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-L...st-on-the-list

18. Default Re: Five Guys, Famous Burgers and F--wait what

Brace yourself guys: https://twitter.com/DeadwingDuck/sta...79496895741952

Comcept broke Kickstarter rules by freezing out donators - more information here: https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq..._nav#RepoAProj