IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Vindictus

Hell, does anyone still play this? I've been thinking about hopping back in.

2. Default Re: Vindictus

I've been wanting to try the game, I might try it if you do :P

3. Default Re: Vindictus

It's pretty barren unless you're in the West server.

Also recovering from rampant server issues from the past couple months.

4. Default Re: Vindictus

Darn. There needs to be more people at East. All of my wealth and levels are on that server.

5. Default Re: Vindictus

I've been logging in for the Attendance event, and made good use of the 3x AP event we got two-three weeks ago.

But that's about it.

We really, really, REALLY need longer episodes like in Season 1, with more content that isn't just more god damn overtuned raid bosses (Got 7393 Def but one hit from 70-80 Iset takes out half my health! But 10k+ lets you just tank about everything?) that basically require pay2win upgraded gear just to get into a party for or else you'll get kicked out by the elitist community.

Looking forward to Hurk though, even though he makes my Karok even more obsolete than he already is.....

Whatever, he may have stolen our able to take hits while attacking then recover from them gimmick, but he'll never take our ability to grab and flip over motherpineappleing dragons!

6. Default Re: Vindictus

East people are all secluded into their little guilds.

And apparently our market is totally whack that West makes fun of us for it.

But dat parry physics!

I think Hurk made all the melee guys obsolete. He can parry, counter from parrying, utilize HP for stamina, has invincibility frames, reduced damage from Iron Wall, recover HP while attacking, and even has a 5-bar SP skill that locks the boss in place for a couple seconds a la Cyclone, Reverse Gravity.

My Lann quivers in envy.

7. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

Default Re: Vindictus

Damn, how bad would the ping be playing on West from East?

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I got on Vindictus earlier this year (Around Feb) just to see how the game was doing and I was completely floored at how insane the inflation has gotten. Nevermind how surprised I was when I saw my Black Hammer + Swift combo is still obscenely strong even with level 70 (and 80 gear?) floating around.
    The community is what ended up making me uninstall again. Back when I logged on, to get into any decent endgame raiding guild the requirements were pretty much "Must be able to solo certain raids and have XYZ stats or else lol @ you".

My Karok is sad. He was always my main guy, even when I played Lann until he was released in NA. Hurk seems like a Karok + Lann combo, at least from the videos I've seen.

9. Default Re: Vindictus

Last time I tried, not that great. :\

B> Server transfer anyway.

10. Default Re: Vindictus

Vindictus would be a lot better if the entire game didn't consist of killing Gnolls. Forever. At least that's all I ever saw before I got annoyed at seeing Gnolls.

Seriously, killing the same exact monster type for the majority of the game is just terrible. It's like their artist doing models and skins quit after the release so they just rehashed his work a hundred times over.

I dunno, maybe it has changed by now, but I lost interest a long time ago because of that.

11. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

...yeah, I guess I'm not hopping back in.

12. Default Re: Vindictus

We stopped fighting Gnolls a long time ago.

.....You won't be pleased to know we fight Kobolds again right after defeating the Gnolls once and for all.

But the good news is, after Kobolds round 2, enemies stop getting reused so much.

13. Default Re: Vindictus

Around what level is that, though? 60? 70? it's like killing recolored Orange Mushrooms in MS forever until you're 190. Then you can finally kill Mutated Orange Mushrooms. Eventually, when you finally hit 210, you can kill something else.

I don't mean to be an pimento about it but MMOs are all about the grind, the purpose of an MMO is to make you play as long as possible. The grind is boring when it's the same monster for a very long period of time. That's why I never hit 200 in MapleStory, and that's why I never got far in Vindictus either.

14. Default Re: Vindictus

Server issues worse than back when I quit a few years ago? Around when the reaper-esque raid boss in episode 9 was released. I was d/cing every 30 minutes for months straight, and so was a friend of mine that I was duoing everything with, so I eventually just gave up and quit. I kinda just solo'd hero city in flames to 70 on Fiona then left...I think I had like 340 titles too, which was about 95% of them, was just missing a few exceptionally retarded difficult/grindy ones.

15. Default Re: Vindictus

Sorry for the late reply.

Yeah, servers were absolutely pomegranateting on people; it was probably as bad as what you described. Most infuriating part is when a raid boss is defeated and the server decides to pull one giant, "NOPE!", and kick everyone right before the rewards screen appears. Lost the drops AND the raid run for the day. And this crap lasted for months.

They have stabilized substantially now though.

16. Default Re: Vindictus

So how about that Episode 3?

I just did the Story Quests in 8-29 for quick AP and advancing through the storyline. I really don't like how much walking through empty space without enemies there are in these areas.

I hope Season 3 goes back to Season 1's ways of doing things. Vindictus was not designed for exploration.

17. Default Re: Vindictus

Haven't been able to get on that yet because, "LOLenhancementglitch+15'serrwhere."

How is it? I'm hearing it's as expansive as Twilight Desert but worse because of altitude changes and required backtracking.

The thing I like about Season 2 battles is that there's no " mob rooms" till the boss stage, just rooms of bosses and mobs. I really thought they would have allowed us to split up when playing with a party though. Would have made farming so much faster if you went in with an experienced group.

18. Default Re: Vindictus

Yeah, there's around the same amount of "empty space" as Twilight Desert and small amounts of enemies, but it takes longer to get through because you have to climb or use these mine cart elevators to get to higher levels.

And there's also this one area with pit traps. They don't even hurt or anything, they just collapse under you then make you climb up a ladder to get back up. Pointless, really. (Unless there's something added to them in higher level ranges.)