Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default MapleWatch Leaf Brigade Applications Now Open!

http://maplestory.nexon.net/WZ.ASPX?...ontentNo=005m3

For anyone who can't get to the forum because of it's extreme load right now;

Spoiler

*Service Area refers to everywhere that doesn't explicitly have their own MapleStory franchise, ie; the entire Global Service Area. Not just LA, Not just California, Not just the US.

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I wonder when applications CLOSE...

3. Default

Was the Private Server question on the last Leaf Brigade application?

I don't plan on signing up for this, but that question seemed to stick out for me. Especially since they did the "Not a trick question" thing. Makes me feel as if they'll auto-deny anyone who says yes to it.

4. Default

The April 30th questionaire was:

5. Default

Done! This time I submitted my application a lot earlier than the last time.. hopefully I will make it to 2nd stage, even if I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt it.

6. Default

Just submitted my application. And now, I wait and hope for the best.

7. Default

I live in Spain. Does this disqualify me?

8. Default

No one to monitor on off-times since you can't be from outside their area...

9. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

They want you to try was their official statement, I think.

10. Default

Submitted an app because I can and it's free. It'd be interesting at the very least, depending on how it's worded could also look good on a resume.

11. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Mehh I guess I'll tryout.

12. Default

"So... What previous experience you have in game development?"
    "I once volunteered to help Nexon ban hackers by reporting to them about hackers I see"
    "Congratulations, you're in!"

IIRC they once said that "anyone in their service area" doesn't mean in the same country as THEY are, but in their SERVICE area. Meaning all countries not IP banned.

13. Default

Big words, believe it or not they do help.

"Helped control an online community numbering in the millions by removing members that breached the terms and regulations."

Sounds a lot snazzier doesn't it? Sure LB don't have banning rights themselves, but it's close enough to the actual truth to pass. Sure it's not an amazing feat on a resume, but every little bit does help. I've gotten an interview or two at some half-decent jobs partly because I wrote down I'm a volunteer forum moderator; All in the wording.

14. Default

"I was a mall cop for an online game."

15. I AM NOW "Mute"
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 21
    Job: None
    Guild: No where
    Alliance: Unemployment
    ireland

is that private server thing some kind of joke? i mean, if you say yes, but list your reasons, will they consider you for it as much as anyone else and respect you for your honesty, or automatically reject you, or even ban your account for breaking their ToS?

EDIT::
    eh, either or i still applied. heres to hope.
    Last edited by TøbiasBlack; 2009-11-06 at 06:29 PM.

16. Default

No it's not a joke.
    No they won't ban you.
    It even specifically says it's not a trick question.

That means
    A) It's serious
    B) It's not an entrapment attempt

17. I AM NOW "Mute"
    ireland

thats contradictory though. if they say that its not a trick question, then that means they want to know if youve ever played a PS, that is given. but reading into it a bit, does that mean that if you say yes youre admitting to breaking the ToS, and basically saying it to their faces? i mean, youre asked to provide your NexonID within the subject of the email. so whats not to say that its not an entrapment attempt?

18. Default

Where exactly does the TOS say you won't play other games that may or may not bear a resemblence to MapleStory?

That aside, they've already said this is more a test of your honesty than anything else.

If you're really going to insist on arguing this, go read #7 and applying it to your logic first. http://forum.nexon.net/MapleStory/fo...d.aspx#3612619

19. I AM NOW "Mute"
    ireland

[QUOTE=Nexon]I have previous abuse on my account, so I’m not going to bother applying. – If you have previous abuse on your account, but you feel you should still be considered for this program, you will be given the opportunity to explain any abuse on your account and why you should be considered.[/QUOTE]

oh, i can.
    i was once suspended for a week for some BS reason which was incredibly inaccurate, something about smega abuse or something, though when i received that i had not once even used a smega to begin with. #7 does not apply to the issue of Pirvate Servers whatsoever, only if your account has ever had any instances of suspensions/bannings.

-_-
    QuoteFail.
    Last edited by TøbiasBlack; 2009-11-06 at 07:31 PM.