Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: [Bowman] [RED] Archer Skill Builds

1. Default

Hi i have a level 54 hunter and i just reset the skills, looking for y'all to help me with a skill re-build. What do you think I should go with? I have 131 points to spend on all my skills

2. Default

You're in the right thread.

3. Default

find someone for an answer for me then ;) im sure you know what to do anyways.

4. Default

It was updated with a post Ascension build. Thats why it mentions skills like Double Jump and Drain Arrow, and why the title of the topic is tagged with [Ascension].

Last edited by JoeTang; 2011-10-20 at 01:34 AM.

5. Default

A guildie of mine is argueing with me that marksman boost gives less overall DPS than marksmanship does. I recall you doing the number crunching somewhere Joe, but I'm not sure if my mind is making pomegranate up, or what. Which of us is correct? I'm pretty sure boost is the better choice.

6. Default

Depends on the defense. I never really considered the situation.

10% DEF: Expert > Marksmanship
    25% DEF: Expert (<~190ATK) > Marksmanship > Expert (>~190atk)
    40% DEF: Marksmanship > Expert
    etc

Marksmanship provides a large boost against high defense targets and is cost effective for the 10 points. That being said, I'd probably recommend moving Marksmanship sooner since LHC has 25% DEF monsters, correct? And Monster Park has higher than 10%? Otherwise, if you train on regular mobs, the damage increase is smaller from Marksmanship, especially when considering the weapon attack bonus.

You might have to consider if you have other sources of defense reduction as well, at least when comparing with 25% Defense vs total weapon attack limit for Expert to be useful. For 40% Defense, the increase from 0 to 10 Marksmanship is ~1.17x, about equivalent to the total increase of Expert, SE etc for only 10 points.

7. Default

What should be a marksman's build at 200 and what skill is usually maxed last?

Also - how useful has elite puppet proved to be?

8. Default Re: [Ascension] Archer Skill Builds

I know this is a very small thing to pick on but at level 178 you only counted 2 skill points rather than 4. To make it easier just add one level into hero's will there and one more point into inferno at last level.

Also I would like to know, why is elite puppet more important than maple warrior and illusion step?

9. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: [Ascension] Archer Skill Builds

The way I see it, EP is extremely useful for training because it draws aggro and also absorbs a good amount of damage, especially at max. IS is very helpful, but considering EP requires so little sp, I would max it before I started the 30 sp trip to maxing IS. MW is good as well, but not necessarily better than the other skills we get (+ if you are training at high population areas, LHC/SH, then someone else in your party most likely has a good MW level). Also, MW books are really expensive when compared to the non-existant books for EP, so that's just another reason I'd go EP before MW.

10. Default Re: [Ascension] Archer Skill Builds

You remember how the rare mobs spawned a lot before nexon decided to "fix it"? Ems never had that "fix", we still have high spawning rare mobs so books is never the issue and we didnt keep LHC and SH party play which is why Im wondering how elite puppet would be handy when its either grinding at stronghold without the party play, pq or monster park (puppet has 0 uses at mp if you party). And does the puppet absorb dmg you take or does it just ignore 20% of the dmg it recieves?

11. Default Re: [Ascension] Archer Skill Builds

Damage you take.

12. Default Re: [Ascension] Archer Skill Builds

EP works with 1/1. That alone is a reason to max it. MW? Everyone and their mother has it, especially since you party to train. Illusion Step? 30 SP for 40 dex isn't that great of an investment compared to 15 SP for -20% Damage.

13. Default Re: [Ascension] Archer Skill Builds

Really? I should use that more often at cht then lol. That really gives me a reason to max it before mw and IS

doesnt the avoid + stack with dodge? So you get 50% dodge chance?

14. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

Woops, I missed that you were in EMS, but I think Locked and Panacea backed up my arguement for me lol.

15. Default Re: [Ascension] Archer Skill Builds

No.
    There are different types of avoid.
    Avoid. Which is the stat in your window. This calculates an Evasion Rate.
    Avoid Rate. Which multiplies your avoid by whatever percentage it is, this contributes to the Evasion Rate.
    Dodge Rate. This is a flat chance to avoid an attack. This is what illusion step is.
    Evasion Rate%. This multiplies your evasion rate by whatever percentage it provides. The third job archer skill is that.

@CrazyForDex; Yep.

16. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    usa

Dodge rate isn't valuable?

17. Default Re: [Ascension] Archer Skill Builds

Depends on the character and their values of the different types of avoid.
    E.g.
    Suppose you had an avoid rate of 74% and a dodge rate of 40%. That means that 26% * 40% is the probability of dodge actually working, which is 10.4%. Compare that to 25% evasion rate which would land you 74 * 1.25 = 92.5% and you notice that dodge rate isn't that great.

18. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

Edit:

nevermind

19. Default Re: [Ascension] Archer Skill Builds

I cant check the game right now because its down but Im pretty sure that the skill "dodge" which is the name of ems evasion boost is dodge rate rather than evasion rate and when I cast illusion step it doesnt increase my avoid to the point where it should be if it was 30%+ avoid.

Can you please check this again on your bow master?