1. Default Nintendo disables SpotPass functionality of Swapnote

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/det...ZpxNIK5920bRRK

Welp, so much for sending drawings to each other. I'll miss seeing all of your artistic swapnote talents. :[

2. Default Re: Nintendo disables SpotPass functionality of Swapnote

I saw this coming but I'd hoped they wouldnt do it. Swapnote was one of the best spotpass features the 3DS had, and I hope they find some way to bring it back.

3. Default Re: Nintendo disables SpotPass functionality of Swapnote

I saw this earlier today. Really kind of sad, honestly. I'll miss Nicki.

4. Default Re: Nintendo disables SpotPass functionality of Swapnote

What the pineapple?
    It's been out for nearly two years and now nintendo has a problem with it because people are giving out fcs on the internet...?

And they just added a voice chat in pokemon too...

Unless miiverse is coming to the 3ds soon, I can't think of any good reason for this.

5. Default Re: Nintendo disables SpotPass functionality of Swapnote

Apparently they disabled it simply because people were sending lewd pictures to each other, with the feature to send actual pictures added a few months ago. So instead of disabling that single feature, they disable the entire thing as if all of Swapnote was the problem.

6. Default Re: Nintendo disables SpotPass functionality of Swapnote

So noooo. It isn't the parent's fault for not educating their children to just accept anything from an stranger on the internet. It's the tool. The very same tool they would have in said internet forum with PRIVATE MESSAGES. or POSTS.

I want out of this damn planet.

7. Default Re: Nintendo disables SpotPass functionality of Swapnote

To be fair, you know parent's have a hard time with personal responsibility and video games.

8. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Re: Nintendo disables SpotPass functionality of Swapnote

I'd think this is just Nintendo being paranoid of being held liable for "exposing" children to such content.

Because you know that's how some parents would react if that happened with their kid as a result of their being stupid on the internet.

9. Default Re: Nintendo disables SpotPass functionality of Swapnote

I can see why they did it I guess, if the story made the news or what not it would be a bit of a PR disaster given their kid friendly image. But why not just disable being able to attach pictures, typical heavy handed Nintendo response.

10. Default Re: Nintendo disables SpotPass functionality of Swapnote

It just takes .01% of users to ruin it for the 99.99% who use it correctly >_<