IGN: GlaciaIWolf
    Server: Broa
    Level: 146
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Forte
    Alliance: HighestLevel
    canada

Default Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Well, as one of those lucky Canadians who took advantage of EBGames' massive mess up (got the game a couple days ago) I thought it appropriate to make a thread.

Spoiler

Also it's really cool that you can get random characters from past Fire Emblem games. You either have to buy them off or beat them to recruit. AND they're usable in story mode (albeit stripped). Gonna try to get Jaffar soon (as soon as I'm convinced he can't annihilate my team). You can also recruit other people's tacticians if you streetpass with them using the same method.

I have to say, this is probably the best FE I've played so far, as well as one of the 3DS's heavy hitters. The game's so gorgeous, and so far no gameplay elements have really frustrated me (besides permadeath, but I signed myself up for that). RNG's a peach though.

2. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Miriel has much better growths for a mage, but you'll get Dark Mages (slightly more defensive, but with access to dark magic) around chapter 10 or so.

The game has been getting incredibly good reviews so far, which makes sense because it is awesome. I'm currently playing through Sacred Stones again while waiting for the EU release.

3. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    IGN: GlaciaIWolf
    Server: Broa
    Level: 146
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Forte
    Alliance: HighestLevel
    canada

Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

The wiki says that Ricken has better rates than Miriel

4. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Depends on what is considered "better" though. Miriel has more Magic, Skill, Speed and Resistance, while Ricken has more HP, Strength, Luck and Defense. Miriel also gets more Magic based classes(Mage, Dark Mage and Troubadour) while Ricken only has one(Mage, Cavalier, Archer). Of course, it all depends on what other units you use. /* Miriel also gives access to Laurent. */

5. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Whaaaaaat? You can recruit Jaffar? Is he SpotPass or just readily available?

Edit: Went to SerenesForest and looked for it, did not know about these SpotPass, legacy teams.

Ugh, now I want a 3DS even more...

6. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

... I was so busy with school that I didn't realize you could get an art book with a pre-order copy. All the pre-orders in my area are gone because I didn't know it was coming out tomorrow. I was only told about the 3DS bundle and how it isn't XL.... The sadness and pain I feel. I hope they release some kind of Fire Emblem art book thing or someone scans it. I want to cry, rofl.

I still need to get a 3DS, too. (╥﹏╥)

7. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

I'm one of those unlucky Canadians that missed EB games massive pineapple up, and now the store in the mall I have a gift card for doesn't have it in stock ;_;

Checking again tomorrow, but i'm still pretty pissed.

8. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Managed to find myself a copy earlier today and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Also, this support convo made me laugh a bit

Spoiler

9. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Can you link to that wiki? Having character growths would be helpful lol

10. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Holy fuck, this DLC map is annoying. Ike keeps throwing himself head-long into battle and getting himself killed. The best I've done was unlock Marth, but... I want all three. :(

11. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

You can't get all 3, you only get Marth from the DLC irregardless of who you keep alive and who dies.

Also I beat the game twice and have like 6 characters capped and fully skilled because I got the game a week early (lol Canada), AMA.

Edit: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/ Good place to start for any info regarding FE:A but be wary of spoilers if you don't like them.

12. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Yeah... I figured that out after a bajillion tries. I was lied to. :(

13. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Two sites with a lot of information:
    http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/
    http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem_Wikia

Between these two you should be able to find everything you need.

14. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

xeno chapter 1 is amazing training. 70 exp per kill? Yes please. Is there post game content?

15. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Only post game content is grinding characters to max stats and min/maxing child unit skills and stats. Otherwise, DLC.

16. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

I have a question. If you go up to a character from the Bonus Box, say I want Eliwood on my team, if I choose "Fight," does that mean I can add him to my team if I beat him? I've heard of "beating characters makes them able to join your team," but I don't know if it's possible with this characters. If it is, it's probably a lot easier than buying them with gold.

17. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Yeah, for all the bonus box characters if you fight them and win it'll give the the option to recruit them. The only thing is that when you do add them to your team they come completely unequipped.

18. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Everyone was so excited for this game yet no one's talking about it

I made a normal file to play through to make all my mistakes, the lunatic chapter will be my 100% perfection.

Anyone have any questions?

19. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

You want to know why people aren't talking about it? Lemme point to the subject:

[SPOILERS] <--- that right there

People are still playing through the game (like me) and don't want the story spoiled. I'm specifically playing on casual not only because I don't know game mechanics that well, but also because I want to rush through the story so it doesn't get ruined for me.

20. Default Re: Fire Emblem Awakening [SPOILERS INSIDE]

This must be a pretty bad game then if the story is the only thing to talk about lool