Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

I have been waiting for a game like this for like, since maplestory really, also bladeandsoulbutyouknowthatsawholeotherthing.

This game has so much content, so much growth potential and ITS SO PRETTY. Ahem but being a man prettyness is not a factor. I have no idea how far I am in the mainstory, I got the second "token" or whatever so I'm thinking 25% there which is ridiculous considering how much you can do inbetween.

So which paths did you guys go? I took @Soph;'s advice and went bowman, definitely enjoy it a lot more than the paladin class at least. I know @Kunagisa; decided to go mage, which frankly was my second choice since I read they are big end game potential but I was far too unfamiliar to take a risk like that. lol

I ALSO THINK FISHING/COOKING IS THE BEST THING IN THIS GAME. it simple yet rewarding enough for it engage me. EVERYTHING YOU DO LEVELS YOU, WHAT A GREAT CONCEPT WHY DO PEOPLE NOT DO THIS IN EVERYTHING. Then again I don't play many games like this to begin with so excuse my ignorance.

....Anyway back to work as my day slowly passes by without my fishing rod ;-;

..Oh and butterflies

2. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

Bleh. I got misled by the title of the Super Smash Bros thread. I thought it said "Super Smash Bros AND Wii U/3DS discussion".

I need to read properly before posting. =.=

Currently taking my time with the game, grinding Lives...also, that Elder Oak Log challenge is annoying. That's all.

3. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

I just assumed it was when you posted LOL, I was going to edit it but I got distracted

4. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

still waiting on the fabulous service of the US postal service / amazon to ship my copy before I can try this shiz out.

5. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

I watched all the treehouse videos during e3 but this one just didn't reallydo anything for me; maybe with more gameplay stuff I'll change my mind. I don't really like the character designs, if I recall.

6. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

If you liked the original Zelda games then you would adore this game. Honestly imo it's the way maplestory should have gone to begin with lol

7. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

I've already put over 100 hours into this game since I got it in September. It really is amazing. Get it nao.

8. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

This game sounds neat and I might get it, but I'll be getting it on my New 3DS LL, which is obviously in Japanese, versus my room mate, who will be getting it on his American 3DS XL. Anyone know if we can still play together and that there won't be any kind of region separation? I wouldn't assume there would be, if local wireless is available, but I know that they have internet play for it.

9. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

From my understanding, NA and EU should be able to play with each other but not with JP.

There is something different with the version numbering between the regions. It might be because the western version is basically half of the Link! update that Japan got. (The DLC adds the rest of it, but even then people on gamefaqs were reporting being unable to play with Japanese copies.)

10. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

I have it but i only played the first hour or so right now. I went Tailor cos the outfit was cute..

11. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

I'm sorry but it was too perfect

12. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

huh, the gameplay didn't remind me much of those originally. I'll watch some people playing it some more I guess, it just didn't seem all that appealing to me.

13. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

Likelyness, not specifically dedicated to it ya know? The enviroment is interactive, there are combo's in combat, which are based on timing, a LOT of quests and really encourages creativity

14. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

Oh good, I was waiting for a thread to pop up here for this game.

I got it on Monday and have had a LOT of trouble putting it down and completing my university work when needed. It's so damn addictive... and so, so good.

15. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

Fantasy Life mostly similar to the Rune Factory games minus the relationship and farming aspects. I don't know why other people always try to compare it to Animal Crossing. If you don't go into the very nitpicking details, this game is nothing alike with Animal Crossing. The game is pretty lighthearted with a lot of puns in dialogue/names and random 'humor' that you can't take the story all the seriously. I find that to be a charm to it along with the exploration, life mechanics, and combat.

Anyway, I've been playing it a lot since it came out, and I'm enjoying it for the most part too. The graphics and world is pretty vibrant and big which makes it fun to explore and feels more like going through a real fantasy setting. The game seems to be designed for you to try and play out all the lifes. They all complement each other in one way or another, for more or less - you'll eventually need resources from other classes and/or specific monster/boss drops that only a capable combat class can deal with. The alternative would be trading/buying/hiring another player for what you need. I haven't tried playing with other people, but the Ally mode chat is probably the only thing that would annoy me the most about the game. It might just be me, but I'm more used to typing on a qwerty keyboard than a alphabetic one. I have the DLC, which I think is worth the extra money. It adds so much more content and another story that adds more challenge. I haven't gotten around to fully trying that out yet.

I also went hunter - along with ranking up mining, woodcutting, tailor, carpentry, and blacksmith. Hunter and woodcutting are maxed, while the rest are master/hero ranked. I haven't touched any of the others yet. I spent my stat points on dexterity and luck which seems to work very well for a hunter as opposed to strength and focus. That's just my style of play though. The increase in quality for drops and crafts, along with higher critical hit rate helps. When you do a critical hit, there's a pretty good chance the monster (including bosses) can be knockbacked or flinched which can also interrupt their attack, so it makes it easier to step back as a hunter. I guess if you need something, I can try making or gathering them for you - just ask :d.

16. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

We'll have our AAA meeting on friday, don't worry, we all just play while we get lectured why its bad for us. One guy tried to take away someones 3ds while playing, tried.

17. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

I think I'd like to try some of this drug. Which of you do I need to meet in a back alley to get some?

I've looked at some of the trailers and it definitely looks like my kind of thing. Let's see how addictive it really is.

18. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

You don't know what hell you bring, gent

19. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

I don't get it.
    Also still no mail. It's either sitting somewhere on the ship, with the postal guys just being lazy/useless, OR it's somewhere in the postal system along with my What If? book. =|

20. Default Re: Fantasy life, the new drug we all need

If you guys are interested in playing online with each other at one point, we should start a Skype group for it to make it easier to chat. At least for me, I really don't like how the keyboard in game is setup. I'll take me some time to get used to it, but I still find it annoying.

I also just capped out my mining and woodcutting, so if you need help with a tree or rock, let me know. I'm still working on the others, and slowly getting there. I don't have access to everything yet.