Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default [1.2.385] Slight Cannon Shooter nerfs

Want instant notification of new extractions, announcements and updates? Follow Southperry on Twitter!

-----

- Double Dice only works on a probability now. It doesn't always throw two dice.
    - Cannon Booster requires 5 points in Cannon Mastery
    - Pirate Spirit gets its own unique animation
    - Cannon Buster is slowed down by 12%
    - Monkey Wave is twice as slow
    - I'm aware that some of the readouts below look a little weird. This is because there are actual copies of skills in the files. One copy is an action that you perform and one skill is an action the monkey performs. The monkey actions tend to not have names, so that's why it looks a bit weird to have two skills with the same name.

(PvE) Skill Changes

2. Default

Yes. Cannon Buster being too strong was the issue. Goddamnit.

On another note, those explosions look nice.

New third job description for Monkey Wave clarifies some sort of special condition where Monkey Wave can be used without requiring its charge up, as some other people described before. The added nerf to its speed is rather minorly impactful when you compare the ridiculous amount of damage Cannon Spike (which has a pretty badass animation now) does in the first place.

3. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Skyshooter1
    Server: Alexina
    Level: 981
    Job: Green boy
    Guild: Blasphamy
    canada

Arn't they already kind of boring looking? Why nerf them further? That's like kicking a skinny orphan in the face to give them retardation.

4. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Looks like they noticed how mad community was with Mechanics and now they are too scared to create a OP class, so they just created a class that is corsair+mechanic in one.

5. Default

LOL, that will be the day o3o
    BB~

6. Default

I'll still play this I think, just cause it's STR based and it actually looks sorta badass. It just seems weird they would actually nerf some things lol.

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

good thing i invested in str shoes and earrings.

and i want to play it only for the drill, so it's all cool

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

That 12% speed on buster might be a deal breaker for me. >.>

9. Donator Straight Male
    panama

same speed as a drk's impale, what's the issue?

10. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Dark impale isn't their main bossing skill...

11. Default

Monkey Wave is no joke if it doesn't require charging time... 100% crit rate is sick for a 3rd job skill, it's even stronger than Dark Shock, not forgetting the 95% stun. Basically think of it as a superoverpowered Soul Driver (that hits one side but massive range). In short, it is still a "spammable" friggin strong skill.

Speaking of which... no mention of the max number of mobs that Monkey Wave can hit... I assume it to be 6?

Hadriel

12. Donator Straight Male
    panama

we can't spam sac everywhere, and honestly:
    MP 53 Cost, 320% Damage, hits up to 3 monsters 3 times
    vs
    130 (135?) x5 times on 6 monsters.

bossing-wise it's better, not accounting for zerk.
    then again, looking at these skills, it does sound kind of meh, considering dark knights are nowhere near at the top DPM, and they have a better (yet not completely reliable) 1vs1

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Oh cool, the main mobbing attack of another class is slightly worse than the main 1v1 skill of this one.

DrKs have fast (5) weapons, this classes fastest weapon is slow (7) after the -1 boost. Only place you can't freely use sac is pot cooldown where a bishop would unlimit your top DPS. Buster is clearly weak...

14. Donator Straight Male
    panama

hence why i added the last bit, and eww at slow-7 weapons. but don't say we have fast5 weapons yet, so far it's not really known how easy they are to forge
    doesn't reduce from it's efficiency. heck, if anything, i'd say it benefits from looking stoopid

15. Default

From what I understand, when you hit a critical (perhaps a maximum 150% critical so be the case?) you have the chance to gain the Monkey Wave Buff where you can cast it once without having to charge to deal full damage.

Buster appears to do 2067%/s damage now, including criticals. Summons appear to attack at around the same rate as Arch Mage summons, dealing about 165%/s (+ the explosion damage) from Magnetic Anchor and 132%/s from Support Monkey Twins.

16. Default

Yeah still too bland to even consider making when it does hit global...

17. Default

I don't mind these changes at all. Still excited for the class. I'm just glad it's a class that's actually somewhat balanced instead of the OP crap they usually release.

18. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Agreed.