Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Link 8 and more

1. Default Link 8 and more

What is so good about link 8?
    And how do i open the 4 blocked places on the board?

*Credit to Max's blog*

2. Default Re: Link 8 and more

From what I gather, you unlock the extra core slots by buying the cores from the vender - the ones that say they unlock more core slots (?)

but nexon so it could be anything

Link 6-9 you have to unlock by putting in a core that gives a mission to unlock it. They all drop in evo world, but you can buy link 6 and 7 in the vendor.

Link 6 is a jump quest. Link 9 has high HP mobs.
    Going to unlock 7/8 later today.

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Link 8 and more

You unlock the 4 cores by buying the first 2 cores in the shop:
    the Evolution System Core for 150 coins
    the Accelerator Core for 300 coins.

Once you buy the Evolution Core, you need to do a quest inside the Evolving World which is to collect 50 items. Do that, and the 3 slots unlock all at once.
    You can only do the Accelerator Core once you have done the Evolution Core. It's pretty much the same and unlocks the Unique Core slot.

And Link 8 just sucks.

4. Default Re: Link 8 and more

So which place is much better for training? i went to Link 7, it was nice place... i want to get link 6-8 or 9 to explore...

5. Default Re: Link 8 and more

Is this the only way to unlock those 4 slots? Monsters don't drop them?

Idk about training, but link 3 is the best map for farming drops.

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

As Bryan said, Link 6 is a lame jump quest with no mobs, link 9 is horrible (for me at least) since the mobs pretty much one-hit KO me.

The overall best room in Evolving World is Link 3 hands down. With an increased spawn core it becomes insane. And considering you can get up to 150% monster spawn rate...(with a 100% normal core and a 50% unique core)

I wouldn't be surprised if they did drop very rarely, but I've yet to come across one in all my attempts, I got all the Link Mission cores from monsters, as well as monster spawn rate 100% and drop rate 30%.

The unique core slot (300 coins) is potentially not worth buying. the Evolution Core (150 coins) is definitely worth it. having 6 slots is much better.

7. Default Re: Link 8 and more

IIRC, there is some cores that can be use only if you have acces to link 8...

8. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Yes, 1 core. it's a quest that gives you 1 evolving coin.

EDIT: Unique core is DEFINITELY not worth it. I just spent 300 coins on that core, the quest requires you to go to Link 9. I went there, got killed by the first enemy. Seriously what the pineapple. I got locked into a corner, stunned, and I swear there was a potion cooldown. I couldn't move, couldn't heal and died within a minute.

9. Default Re: Link 8 and more

Nevermind, misunderstood question.

I'll ask a question too then.
    How difficult is the evolving world cygnus compared to the original?
    Would it be possibly soloable by a moderately funded, or would it require a well-rehearsed team of godlies?
    I'd rather not spend days getting enough coins and then die in the first 10 seconds.

10. Default Re: Link 8 and more

There is a video up of someone killing it already - same abilities as normal empress but without healing. I'm on my phone atm so can't post the link, but 1 capping asura would be enough to kill her.

11. Default Re: Link 8 and more

Is there any reward for completing all the links in one run?

12. Default Re: Link 8 and more

The link unlock things drop fairly frequently. I unlocked the entire map in 6 runs farming at link 3 for 30 the entire duration, and have 2-3 leftover of each link.

13. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

If you can kill pink bean, you can kill shadow emp.

Moderately funded cannot solo, but a well-rehearsed team of moderately funded would do well.

14. Default Re: Link 8 and more

The link 9 pigs stun + do 1.5k x 6 hits (in one attack) to my 165 hero... it's not fun times. At least there's no pot cooldown like real empress.

Link 8 sucks, link 8's quest sucks. Imagine link 4 but if the red evil eye almost never spawned. You have to kill 2 of them and it took me a good 10 minutes. May as well unlock it I guess but don't pay anything for it.

15. Default Re: Link 8 and more

As a f/p mage I take either 3k*6 or 3.8k*6. or 3.3k*6 one of those 3. either way its massive damage.

16. Default Re: Link 8 and more

The answer to this is no, I mostly do all of them just because it bothers me not to, you don't get anything extra, just all the coins you get for doing quests. Some of them can be detrimental though, in terms of coin collecting. Takes forever for both Divisions to spawn in Link 8, and the last time I did it, I was there until 16:00 which hampered my Link 3 farming.

17. Default Re: Link 8 and more

Yeah my F/P was also taking at least 3k*6 damage. Good thing we have MG.

And yeah, Link 8 is the worst room so far.

18. Default Re: Link 8 and more

I was lucky enough to have a monster drop a core to unlock link 9 and a core for making Cygnus appear in Link 9.
    She has all the same abilities as the real version, although she only heals 5 times (or at least that was the case for me).
    Drop rate seems to be bad though... I was on x3.2 drop and she just gave me a huge load of potions and 2 timeless equip recipes.

19. Default Re: Link 8 and more

So, I am assuming there is nothing in evo world that is better than HoH or SH. Is that correct?

20. Default Re: Link 8 and more

yes it is. Link 9 could be maybe with the hp and spawn ones. But the mobs do this like 2~3sec stun which just inhibits you too frequency. that and like 18k hits every now and then. maybe if u had -4sec or -6sec of status resistance it could be better.