Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/news/current/00Fzq/

2. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

Ah, good. No rollback.

3. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

Only have to wait a week to get your characters fixed if you were changed.

4. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

I give props to you Nexon for sorting out the causes and double props for actually working it out, just that it wasn't immediately obvious. It sucks for the affected players but a rollback would have been even worse, sometimes there's just no easy way out.

5. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

Yeah, a WEEK long wait for affected players? Holy crap that sucks.

6. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

Wat

7. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

Sometimes when you double click on an NPC, it clicks through the NPC and hits the affected player as well when players stack on NPCs. Their logic holds.

8. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

There is no NPC behind him though. At least, no visible one.

9. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

Eh, it's possible for invisible ones. Some do exist, although even with Fiel's explanation which is plausible, players were still being advanced when he was moving around the map. A NPC can't be moving and mimicking the exact movement of a player.

Exactly.. Including the fact players reported being turned into Phantoms by clicking others.

10. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

If you can't see it, you can't really say... The old maple admin is easy to stack over, not to mention there were a mass of other players around him.

The problem with the video ResistGreen showed was that it showed the hack from the view of the hacker, not the victims.

11. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

A NPC entity can exist without an image attached to it. It's the hitbox that counts, not the picture.

12. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

Actually, look closely. There is an invisible one.

Check out his cursor when he's hovering over himself. It changes into the same cursor when over a NPC.

13. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

That's why I stated there weren't any VISIBLE ones, at the very least. I'm well aware that there are invisible NPCs in the game. However, he moves around the map. NPCs cannot follow characters around like that.

Good catch.

14. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

Players also can't instantiate their own NPCs in the game that change someone's class. NPCs can move around. He could have just bound its location to his player location.

15. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

I recall similar things happening to NPCs in the far past where people have forcefully moved them. But hell, with the way this game is, anything is possible with a little tinkering. I don't understand what the point in this would be though, other than just being a little pomegranate head.

16. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

Might just be me, but I feel that Nexon's PR has really improved over the last year. This issue didn't even happen 24 hours ago and they have already addressed most of the concerns surrounding it.

17. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

What is UP with Nexon and their effective communication skills? Seriously. A hundred words or so and they've captured the history, resolution, and potential fallout damages of the problem (no rollback).

18. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

Agreed. I'll never forget the Christmas patch of 2011. R.I.P. Legends Award Chair ;-;

But in all seriousness, that's all water under the bridge. Keep up the amazing pace, Nexon

19. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

The fact that this is even possible shows how advanced hackers are getting.

20. Default Re: Regarding the summoned NPCs and characters changed into Phantom

And how pomegranate-tier Nexon's defenses are that hackers can get this power.