IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Cash1 Is Duping really "Fixed"?

Looks like it is (for now at least), but I'm not completely sure.

Hooray! Congrats to Nexon for only taking about half a decade to try solving the problem of duping. Let's throw them a party!

Unfortunately, I'm sure a way around it will be found. But I'm enjoying it while it lasts..which probably won't be for long.

2. Default Re: Is Duping really "Fixed"?

I almost have to laugh. In fact I will. hahaha duping is never fixed..if you looked at broa lately theres tons of perm mounts..like massive amounts in the fm. Among other items.

3. Default Re: Is Duping really "Fixed"?

While I do not doubt dupers will always be around, what you write is in no way proving that dupes work at the moment.

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Default Re: Is Duping really "Fixed"?

I'm laughing with you because I know how this whole thing will probably turn out. And, nope, I've quit (and for good reason) for a while now. If perm mounts or other insignificant crap are the only things still dupe-able that's still better than nothing.

5. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Oh, sorry I missed that :[

6. Default Re: Is Duping really "Fixed"?

Going to be a long while before it comes back, if ever.

7. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

What makes you think that?

8. Default Re: Is Duping really "Fixed"?

That's because of the people who spent weeks with a dupe before it was fixed are now moving to other worlds, such as Broa where things aren't as deflated yet, to profit in. They're dumping their stocks to avoid billing pp's and permas.

9. Default Re: Is Duping really "Fixed"?

So I'm assuming the save point thing has been confirmed as implemented?

10. Default Re: Is Duping really "Fixed"?

all dis laff
    tread not fun

11. Default Re: Is Duping really "Fixed"?

For what it's worth, the day they tried to give us Free Hyperocks for the first time in the CS a couple weeks ago, and instead crashed the game my character rolled back till the point where it interacted with a shop NPC (a good 10min).

Most likely the way they did their crashless dupes is patched, which involved dropping/trading the items first (maybe dropping saves the inventory now?).

But I wouldn't be surprised if ch crashing dupes still worked, though these are pretty hard to do without people noticing right away, so get fixed much faster (nowadays at least)

12. Default Re: Is Duping really "Fixed"?

I'll just say it once and never say it again. You don't have to believe me and you can take it as you will, but the other people who say that line in bold are the ones that have contacts and are correct about everything.

Practically all methods around dupe revolved around mini rollbacks. That was the foundation for it all, but the methods to create mini rollbacks varied. In some random SC (the 2nd to last one that processed name change/server transfers), mini rollbacks weren't possible anymore. So in other words, they probably still have the power to crash servers or can find new ways to crash servers, but it'll be for nothing since the game won't mini-rollback.

According to my sources, all new methods on how to dupe have been unsuccessful and the only possible way they believe they can dupe is via packets. I don't understand enough of coding and programming to explain all the details, but I assume a dupe method involving direct packets isn't possible. And if it is, it's going to be a long time to get it done. Until then, those people have been trying everything they can think of to dupe but can't find a way.

If you want to disprove my claims while my sources have said no dupe method is available (thus you will prove they are lying), then wait for some valuable item that people will go "oh, it'll get duped because it's so valuable", and see if it remains one-of-a-kind or it becomes as common as white scrolls.

13. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

At first I was like

Then I was like

14. Default Re: Is Duping really "Fixed"?

I guess we'll see soon enough, wont we?

15. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i don't see anything worth duping this patch o.o

except warriors, those are gonna multiply

16. Default Re: Is Duping really "Fixed"?

Not this patch in particular, but there will probably be some super rare item introduced in the near future. Most likely the 140 cane from a hot time or something.
    Although, i hate how the dupers still have all of their funds, meaning that when some super rare item that i really want(140 cane) gets on the market, dupers will be the ones who buy them out, since obviously no matter how much funds i have, they have more.
    At least before this, a decent amount of players had a chance to get these items (FW DBG as an example), but now they will just be bought out and hoarded.

17. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

empress gets fixed, so it doesn't matter how much funding they have.

i'm more scared actually in them hoarding empress herself, keeping the prices high while not allowing anyone without blocker to attempt her.

18. Default Re: Is Duping really "Fixed"?

Same -_- That new exped DC is a real peach. I believe it requires BT though so once it's fixed we all have a few days to farm drops before hackers decide if they wanna control empress.

19. Default Re: Is Duping really "Fixed"?

Most actual dupers don't actually play the game to play it. They only play for profit, and now that the economy is continuously garbage and mesos are even more worthless to sell in small amounts, they'll either quit or go back to what they did before for main profit, meso exploiting and selling off mass amounts to the Chinese. The people who farm Empress are for the most part leeches using BT to make a small profit. Most of the well known dupers have either already moved to MSEA months ago until it's just as bad, or are becoming inactive.

You still have some of the less known dupers still trying to sell their stuff off though (mainly the ones who leeched off public dupes or friends), and the big time exploiters who aren't in it for profit off items, but profit off programs. In the end, the main people who found most of the crashless dupes and channel crashes have profited off this game more than a lot of people make in a year from a regular job.