Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

1) Does anyone have the stats of the Akyrum we have to face for this expedition?
    2) Do we need no less than 6 Cygnus classes, all level 120, or can it be any class in the expedition, but with only Cygnus participating (I would assume the former, since the latter doesn't make much sense)?

I'm trying to figure out if getting level 30 Blessing is even possible in Keyaki, JMS at the moment. Thank you for any answers.

2. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

don't hang me up on this, but I heard that you need 6 level 120 cygnus characters, that have completed a certain questline(not sure which).
    but 6 people is 99.9% sure.

3. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

You probably have to do the Akyrum pre-quests, which don't exist in JMS...so there's probably no quest requirement in JMS.

Are you sure you can't do it with 5 people, like Zakum?

4. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

almost 100% sure.
    people from EF and a lot of my korean friends have been looking for a 6-man squad on forum and ingame.

5. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

There's a different set of weird preqs.

6. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

Lol...

I don't think I stand a chance at killing him by myself, though. He casts way too many status effects way too often. It took a while to complete the prerequisites, but since it's not a 6 man requirement, maybe it is possible for us to get level 30 blessing. I'm not sure if this is what's required to level up the skill, though. Nothing is mentioned in the quest. Are there different Akyrums - one for the quest and one for leveling up the skill?

Also, does anyone happen to have his stats of this Akyrum? I can only find the stats of the level 170 one anywhere.

7. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

Akyrum only for Cygnus Knights? what is this?

8. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

It's part of the the path to get Empress Blessing up to level 30.

9. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

So what quest chain would we have to do for this in GMS when it comes out? The Silent Crusade chain (since that's how you fight Arkarium)? Or are there other different quests.

10. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

Cygnus classes, or at least as far as JMS content goes, don't have to deal with Cross Brigade at all. The quests were basically :

-Accept quest from Nineheart (pop-up quest)
    -Go to Temple of Time and meet with the NPC in the very first map (the map with the steps leading to the Thee Doors map)
    -Go check out a secret portal in the Three Doors map (it's slightly to the right of the NPC in the Three Doors map; left of the Door to the Future)
    -Go back to the NPC in the first map of Temple of Time
    -Go to Nineheart to get a specific item
    -Go into a secret portal in front of Shinjou's wing and weaken and capture 20 Soul mobs
    -Talk to Shinjou, get required item for the quest
    -Kill dragon-type mobs around Leafre for 50 of similar items for the same quest (very high drop rate)
    -Go back to the NPC in the first map of Temple of Time
    -Go back to the secret portal to Akyrum
    -Kill the mobs in the map and then use the special item in your use inventory
    -Turn in the quest to the NPC (she pops up inside the map you just kill mobs in)
    -Kill 100 each of the mobs in the maps before Akyrum
    -Go back to that NPC to turn in the quest
    -Go defeat Akyrum

11. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

Ooh cool, thanks a lot! Doesn't sound too bad at all. Anyone able to confirm how it works in KMS?

12. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

It's the same.

And Akyrum will drop this purple swirly thing that you have to give to some NPC that levels up your Noble Spirit skill by one.

13. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

Wait so you have to do Akyrum six times with your Cygnus to max out the skill? And only one person can level it a run, or does everyone get their own swirly?

Talk about Tedious.

14. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

Yup 6 times, over 6 days+ (since you can only do it once per day). And it drops more than one, but before this little fix Nexon Korea put in, it dropped a random number so some party members might not have gotten one. Now it drops enough for the entire expedition I think.

15. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

I assume they are a "One of a Kind" Item, so you can't take advantage of having a smaller group if we can get in with one?

16. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

I'll just leave this here

Also, you have to do it 7 times, not 6. No swirly drops until you have the quest to get one, and the first quest is to kill Akyrum, and it doesn't level the skill, so you have to kill Akyrum 7 times. What a hassle.

Seems like the only difference between regular Akyrum and Cygnus Akyrum is his HP (I want to say around 500m, but I'm not sure). Though I've never done regular Akyrum so I can't say that for sure.
    He has Damage Reflect that does 50,000, he has Poison that does 5,000 DOT, and he has the attack in the above screenshot that insta-kills everyone (Which I don't think is avoidable).

Basically...you're supposed to die on him, which is dumb. Good thing Cygnus has no EXP to lose.

17. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

And that's why they allow you to respawn in the same map

(I've lost 15% on one Akyrum run before )

18. Default Re: Cygnus vs. Akyrum Expedition

Exactly the problem. So if you're fighting the regular Akyrum, you better have 0% or you're going to lose all of your level's progress. That could be days of training/bossing if it's not on GMS. That's idiotic. No boss should be built around the aspect of players dying for half the fight.

19. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Well, to be honest, for me, it was actually rather fun - the constant dying kept you on your toes. It was... well, different from spamming a single skill at Zakum. It's a unique experience, and by now, I think it's common knowledge in GMS to not go into Akyrum with any more exp than you wanted to lose. I just didn't particularly care about that 15%, lol.

20. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Buy some safety charms. All part of Nexon's master plan.