1. Default What is the cheapest lv40 item that I can buy from a NPC shop?

I need basic item crystals but I generally don't carry low level equipment around with me anymore. Assuming I am willing to pay the price what NPC item is the best for just for creating them?

2. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: What is the cheapest lv40 item that I can buy from a NPC shop?

Sneakers.

3. Default Re: What is the cheapest lv40 item that I can buy from a NPC shop?

Thanks. I assumed i wasn't the first to thought about doing this and someone already done the research. I try to Google the answer but cash shop related stuff kept popping up for some reason.

4. Default Re: What is the cheapest lv40 item that I can buy from a NPC shop?

I believe you can extract the level 5 skullcap for crystals as well. It worked for me before.

5. Default Re: What is the cheapest lv40 item that I can buy from a NPC shop?

I'm not calling you a liar or anything as I see no reason why you would do such but that doesn't really make any sense. The crystal itself states it is obtained from items lv40 to lv60 items. If it does then it must be an oversight or you just got extremely lucky as the crystals do have a chance of upgrading and it could be possible that you got lucky and nothing became a basic item crystal.

I see no harm in trying though and I believe you can buy them from a guy in Henesys. So I'll give it a shot and give my results when I do it unless someone else beat me to it.

6. Default Re: What is the cheapest lv40 item that I can buy from a NPC shop?

And Advanced Item Crystals state that they come from 100-130, yet level 95 items give them too.
    Confirming that they still do, just tested it on my mule with multiple hats, got each time.

7. Default Re: What is the cheapest lv40 item that I can buy from a NPC shop?

Fair enough. Nexon isn't known for their glitchless game or being able to keep the game up to date. They are kinda known for stuff like this.

8. Default Re: What is the cheapest lv40 item that I can buy from a NPC shop?

The level range in the skill description is the level range they are used for, not the level range they come from. That level range varies from 10 to 40 levels under the listed level.

9. Default Re: What is the cheapest lv40 item that I can buy from a NPC shop?

O, that make so much more sense now. So basically as far as the game cares it is still based on the Maker skill. Gameplay wise it also make more sense to use lower level equipment to make higher level equipment, I just didn't think Nexon would have use common sense for that.

I guess I got so used to Nexon doing stuff "just because" that I no longer expect them to do anything right. Thanks for explaining that.