1. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: oLettuce
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Pilllllllllllllow
    Alliance: F21

Default Special Potiential Slot Carvers and Prots

So during the newest update, the 10% chance to add 1 line of additional potential + no boom slot carvers from the tempest event were changed to 60% chance to add 1 line of additional potential + 100% boom rate. I was wondering if I prot scrolled my weapon and then used the new 60% carver, and if it failed, would it still blow up my item?

The item I am trying to add additional pot on is a fafnir dbg; which I won't be equipping in a while. However, I do have 10 carved slot cubes I would like to use on it, so I need to add 1 line of pot first.... Is there any way to do this other than the method outlined above?

2. Default Re: Special Potiential Slot Carvers and Prots

Easier way would be to buy the 100% Special Bonus Potential Scroll, adds 3 lines at a 100% rate.

3. Default Re: Special Potiential Slot Carvers and Prots

He can't. The scroll can only be used on an equipped item, but if he equips it, he will have to scissor it every time he wants to move the weapon.

4. Default Re: Special Potiential Slot Carvers and Prots

Oh, well thats idiotic then. I coulda sworn you could use Legendary Spirit to scroll unequipped items.

5. Default Re: Special Potiential Slot Carvers and Prots

You can, it's just the scroll specifically that's glitched is all.

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Special Potiential Slot Carvers and Prots

this is idiotic, i have loads of the carved thinguies that add one extra line at 100% rate, but they're unusable unless the item already has bonus pot. and the only way to add bonus pot that doesn't involve explosives, is with NX.

7. Default Re: Special Potiential Slot Carvers and Prots

I can confirm this, I've tried using the bonus potential carvers (both the newer 100% scrolls that give 3 lines as well as the 100% ones that give 1-2 lines from a few hot times ago). On all occasions with both an unequipped Fafnir Axe and Highness Bowman Beret, the scrolls came up with a message saying 'cannot be used on item' or something similar.

Not sure if this is a glitch or not, it'd be an annoying money-making scheme if it wasn't...