1. Default Zero Damage Formula plus Actual Testing Results

Hi all,

I've frequently visited Southperry for damage formula questions and I have learnt quite a lot (i.e % boss stacks with % dmg). Now its time for me to give back to the community through my own testing of the formulas (some of which is already known and can be found by searching this forum). However, I thought it'll be good to consolidate it here for people building their own damage formulas.

Damage Range
    The results are as follows:
    • Always round down after each calculation
    • Base mastery is 20%. Final mastery after mastery is 90%.
    • Maple Warrior - applies only to base stat
    • % stat applies to all equipment stats. % stat does not affect Card Set and Inner Abilities
    • Alpha & Beta Weapon Multiplier is 1.34 and 1.49 respectively
    • Base Range formula is (Str x 4 + Dex) x (WA x (1 + %atk)) * Weapon Multiplier
    • Displayed Range is Base Range x (1+ % Dmg) [tested only for skill/link skill % dmg as I don't have % dmg on potential]

Actual Damage
    Tested on snails with normal attack. 103 crits and 32 non-crits.

Parameters:
    • PDR - 10%
    • Base Range - 259,477
    • Displayed Range - 363,267
    • % Dmg +40%
    • % Min Crit - +75%
    • % Max Crit - +115%
    • % Def Ignore (multiplicative) - 70%

Calculated DamageActual Observed Damage
    Min Dmg318,589319k
    Max Dmg353,988351k
    Avg Dmg336,289336k
    Min Crit Dmg557,531561k
    Max Crit Dmg761,075732k
    Avg Crit Dmg659,303650k

Actual Boss Damage
    Tested on Lady Boss with normal attack. 59 crits and 38 non crits.

Parameters:
    • PDR - 25%
    • Base Range - 259,477
    • Displayed Range - 363,267
    • % Dmg +40%
    • % Boss Dmg +266%
    • % Min Crit +75%
    • % Max Crit +115%
    • % Def Ignore (multiplicative) - 74%

Min Dmg887,579885k <-- only saw 1 number fall out of range
    Max Dmg986,199980k
    Avg Dmg936,889933k
    Min Crit Dmg1,553,2631,556k
    Max Crit Dmg2,120,3282,056k
    Avg Crit Dmg1,836,7961,807k

Re-tested on Bodyguard A with normal attack due to out-of-range observation. Decent Sharp Eye (-15% max crit) and MW off this time. 55 crits and 46 non crits.
    Parameters:
    • PDR - 25%
    • Base Range - 237,340
    • Displayed Range - 332,276
    • % Dmg +40%
    • % Boss Dmg +266%
    • % Min Crit +75%
    • % Max Crit +100%
    • % Def Ignore (multiplicative) - 74%

Min Dmg811,857810k <-out of range again
    Max Dmg902,063897k
    Avg Dmg856,960853k
    Min Crit Dmg1,420,7491,444k
    Max Crit Dmg1,804,1261,724k
    Avg Crit Dmg1,612,4381,593k

Actual Damage Formula
    The results are as follows:
    • Actual Damage = Base Damage * (skill %) * (1 + %boss + %dmg) * [1- (PDR*(1-%def ignored)]
    • Result of testing relatively close to calculated damage, with non-crit dmg falling out of calculated range. Could there be another monster stat reducing dmg slightly?
    • Apply mastery for minimum damage
    • Apply crit % accordingly
    • This meant that %boss and %dmg are indeed additive

*note: I found that there is 3% def ignored unaccounted for by skills, cards and equipment. Anyone know if Zero has a base def ignore of 3%? Solved. Its profession bonus.
    Last edited by draglung; 2014-03-08 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Error in formula. Updated numbers

2. Default Re: Zero Damage Formula plus Actual Testing Results

This is really good, and all your calculated numbers are very close to the observed numbers. I've been thinking about doing something similar for Kanna, which I hope to use to see the marginal gain from things like %m.att, %dmg, etc. as well as estimate performance on different bosses.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Zero Damage Formula plus Actual Testing Results

don't you mean %attk in the (1+%dmg) part? or something else, because you're multiplying the %damage again in your next sentence

4. Default Re: Zero Damage Formula plus Actual Testing Results

Hi. You're exactly right. Its a typo error. Should be % atk. Will change that

5. Default Re: Zero Damage Formula plus Actual Testing Results

Hi, that'll be great, we can see if your min non-crit dmg for Kanna will stay in range or not. I'm currently using the damage formula to decide which gear to upgrade to, as % dmg is quite deceptive due to its effect on range (but stacks additively with %boss)

6. Default Re: Zero Damage Formula plus Actual Testing Results

The funny thing about kannas is that they have extremely high %m.att bonuses compared to other jobs. On my kanna I get 168%m.att from hakus fan, which puts a twist on the att%>dmg% idea a lot of people throw around on other forums.

One problem I've run into is finding the weapon multiplier for fans. Where did you find the multiplier for zero's weapons?

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Zero Damage Formula plus Actual Testing Results

I suggest you make a new Kanna on a new account (so no character cards, link skills, monster farm, or any other account-wide effects to confuse things), and calculate it. Plug your m.att, int, luk, and (top) damage into the damage formula, and solve for the multiplier.

8. Default Re: Zero Damage Formula plus Actual Testing Results

Joetang did that for me a while ago, don't remember which thread. 1.32 and 1.45 for Al and Be respectively. Some other said that its 1.34 and 1.49.

Doing the same calcs on a secondary zero w/o a set of anysort and clean weps it falls in the 1.3-1.35 range for Al and 1.45-1.5 for Be.

I should check it again since I do still have a few clean lv 100 Zero's but the game is being meh b/c of the update so it'll have to wait a few days.

9. Default Re: Zero Damage Formula plus Actual Testing Results

Its confirmed to be 1.34 and 1.49. My damage calculator is able to replicate the character stats window range so I know its correct.

Well, im assuming the 168% you are referring to is the weapon multiplier of fans at 1.68x. But nevertheless, regardless of the multiplier, the m.att% vs dmg% comparison remains the same, since m.att% is multiplicative with the weapon multiplier.

10. Default Re: Zero Damage Formula plus Actual Testing Results

168% is referring to having +168% m.att bonus, where +200%m.att is basically tripling your base m.att.