1. Default Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/14/2014

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/news/current/00I9A/

2. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/14/2014

On the bright side, they acknowledged it was beyond the log in server this time. Progress?

3. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/14/2014

This about Maplestory taking up all of my CPU and a couple million ram right? Never experienced pomegranate like this before.

4. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/14/2014

I wish it were. This was just to address some server lag that seems to be over, for now.

5. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/14/2014

I'm just glad that 2 years out of this game and nexon is still the inefficient bag of excuses that it was before lol. And that CPU thing is annoying kicking me out when i CC too much and sometimes when i do absolutely nothing, not to mention that i can barely have Firefox and maplestory open at the same time.

6. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/14/2014

Could anyone that was having the memory leak issue launch/relaunch their client and see if they're still having the issue? I just launched mine up to restock a few items in my shop and have had it up for about 25 minutes now and the highest it's gone up to is ~27% CPU and 950k memory, which was where it was usually at on my laptop before I started having the issue. I even have Firefox, iTunes, Steam, and Skype up and the client is still running smooth.
    I wonder if the issues they were having earlier with the site and login servers were to address this? I'm being hopeful...

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

It's not impossible. I think the server that was down was a NexonGuard/BlackCipher/HackShield/whatever server, because the login servers kept showing green throughout. So maybe they reset whatever was making it ask the client to work so hard.
    I've restarted Maple on my laptop that was affected, we'll see how it looks a little later.

8. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/14/2014

I suspect that it has something to do with a particular item or group of items that causes the memory leak. In high traffic areas e.g. the FM, the increase of RAM and CPU usage is marked even after restarting but landing in the same room, otherwise I can go the whole day, plus night, plus another day without incident. It also isn't simply the FM since my guild meeting FM is unaffected. I would guess its some new NX item if (and that's a big if) Nexon did not mess up old items.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

Still happening to me

And I'm not anywhere high-traffic. Just afk'ing on mules in little-used rooms for the Bonus Pot Scrolls.

Edit:
    For example: just started up Maple, logged in on my BW. It's standing in Golden Temple, channel 5, MYCK. Not a soul around. The character is wearing no NX, nor any equips with an effect. In 3 minutes Maple already went up from 1GB to 1.3... and CPU usage is 100%, of which ~70 is MapleStory.exe, with BlackCipher cycling between 33% and 0.

Edit2: An hour later, 2.2GB and still climbing. Also the CPU temperature is running high. I think I'm going to shut Maple down. These Bonus Potential scrolls aren't worth burning out my laptop for.
    Oddly - or luckily - my desktops, running Windows XP, are still using the same amount of CPU and RAM as before the NW patch. I don't know whether it's the OS or the hardware that makes the difference.
    Last edited by SaptaZapta; 2014-11-17 at 08:05 AM.

10. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/14/2014

On this crappy hp dv7 laptop with w7 it does it sometimes and then sometimes it won't. It didn't do it last night that bad but still taking up nearly all my cpu. I can't listen to a podcast with it on though. -_-

11. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/14/2014

Strange, now mine's back to doing it again. When I was on last night I was in FM1 and in the FM Entrance for a brief moment so I just don't even know anymore.

12. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/14/2014

http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...23post11028750

13. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/14/2014

The last time this happened I feel it was a lot more chaotic.

Good to see they're actually improving :D

14. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/14/2014

I just played around with this theory a little bit and I think you may be on to something. I'm not entirely sure what sort of items cause it to spike but I'm definitely noticing spikes when certain people are in the map.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon

...and now he's pulled that post (and the ones after it thanking him for it).

16. Default Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues 11/14/2014

Something tells me that Nexon didn't like Artasi admitting that they were being DDoS'd.

:inb4newCM:

Edit: And seems he's reposted it, so who knows what's going on. Worded in a slightly different order, but pretty much the same thing.