Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

I've got a couple of points I'd like some clarification on if anyone could provide them.

1. Lately, in YT videos, I've seen an increasing number of Dual Bladers that case decent SI and also use a MPE att booster potion for their videos.

I've always thought that speed was capped when using a booster on dual blade, but have I been mistaken?

2. Regarding inner ability, how hard is it to get, as a unique rank, 35%+ buff duration as one of the lines? I've not Azwann'ed since the revamp, and I've got no idea what to expect.

I currently have 3-line Unique potential, would it be worth using CS circulators to move it up to legendary and go for %buff, or should I just use the Conquerors coins to buy up circulators?

Thanks in advance if anyone could answer my question

Also somewhat unrelated, could anyone tell me the range calculations for DB?

or, how much 1 ATT would be equivalent to? I do vaguely remember the old formula where you divided total stat by total att, but is that still valid?

2. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

Read this thread first:

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=65562

Hadriel

3. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

@hadriel;

Am I missing something? I'm aware of the multiplicative PDR but what's the relation to attack speeds?

4. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

Their attack speed should cap with just Booster.

5. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

Extreme Green Potions break the speed cap for all classes, so on a class that normally would cap at faster(2), a green potion will allow them to pass that. Once they break the cap you can stack on as many attack speed buffs as you can find and they'll all work (Adv Yellow Aura, Speed Infusion, Mu Lung Dojo buff, Inner Ability...)

I did some testing with it and they all worked together, it got to a point where you attack so fast that the animation actually stops showing up for a couple of attacks lol

This was on my Dual Blade btw, I'm trying to cube a glove for decent SI to make more use of this xD

6. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

ah, thanks @Mazz; since it were your youtube videos that made me ask :)

Hmm, so I guess i need MPE back I suppose. Now to debate with myself whether I want decent SI before MPE is re-released :(

7. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

I have a hard time beliveing that this is intended, not to mention that a GM would never know that it is no speed hacking of some sort.

8. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

You wanted damage calculations. I've given that to you. For a slightly more explicit description, see this post:

http://www.southperry.net/showthread...=1#post1149339

Now for the equivalence of 1WA to how much stat and stuff, it's not a terribly difficult math but gets confusing.

1WA/TotalWA = StatChange/TotalStat

Your total WA (without %WA!) and Stat (without %Stat) can be easily obtained from the UI, but is not necessarily directly what you see on the UI. For TotalStat, find the difference in your primary stat before and after MW, then divide by you MW percentage (in decimal). Then for anything with %WA please factor in all your %WA sources then back-calculate from the WA shown on your UI.

Similarly, you can do a similar comparision between WA and %Stat.

As a very rough gauge, 1%Stat ~~ 2-6WA, 1WA ~~ 2-6 Stat.

Anything more detailed needs more specific numbers from you.

Hadriel

9. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

Well, Kaiser has been capable of breaking the speed cap without any potions since his release, so it isn't like it's the first/only time this has happened. I think it still works like that in KMS, if MPE is open there I might try and grab some potions to try it out later.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

Wow, Nexon... Gotta love it when they give bug fixing assignments to new hires (or old ones who don't know much about the game).
    Somebody got the "make MPE Green Potions work" assignment, and made them work no matter what.
    (But, conversely, someone got the "make Ambition give MDef Ignore" assignment - and made it give only MDef ignore...
    We win some, we lose some).

11. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

Ah, sorry, my apologies. I did not open the Reinforce Hyper Skills as i didnt think they were damage range calculations.

So my user UI gives
    ATT: 1300
    LUK: 10309

and after MW my LUK rises to 11014.

So the difference in my primary stat pre- and post- MW is 705. and 705/0.15 = 4700

Am I doing this right?

And if i have 18% attack..

does that mean i have 118% attack, and my true attack be 1300x(100/118) = 1101

Sorry, I have no idea where i'm heading now. :S

12. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

Ok you have too much %LUK... so the MW-ed LUK also enters %LUK calculations... I think. You do look like you have that much WA though... Do DBs have that much WA or are you buffed?

Hadriel

13. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

do you think you could take a video of it? o.o

14. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

Here's what I have. If you need more from me, please tell me so as I can neither make a head nor tail of the calculations :p

15. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

In KMS, or in GMS? I can do either =o
    Also, since you VM'd me, I know it's only minor but I get 5% boss damage from the SS thieves and I don't have any better cards to replace them with since they changed it so you can only use one of the same card now xD

16. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

anywhere it works, the more overkill you go with it, the better (as in, if you can AYA, get real SI, and all that in the video, awesome, the more the better) GOTTA GO FAST.

and i figured that'd be the case, i'm rolling 3% exp loss cards and stuff just to keep the S-ranked decks (need to level my darned canonneer though

17. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

I... don't know what to say. Can any DB tell me if you can actually go past 1000WA that easily? I can't quite pluck enough numbers to put in...
    You look like you have 370%LUK or something, based on your MW numbers.

Hadriel

18. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

I tested ambition after Unleashed, and it looks like it doesn't ignore mdef either.

19. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

You're very close, I believe i was at 363% at the time that SS was taken.

I'm just curious as to what the ratios are as 1 LUK seems to add a ridiculous amount of range.

I'm vaguely aware that around 5LUK equates to 1% atm, but I've got no idea of the values for ATT

20. Default Re: Regarding ATT Speed and Inner Ability

...you...you don't need more damage or speed, honey.