Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
  1. Default

Doing 2k extra per hit will be noticed. No real effect except maybe knockback, but noticed none the less.

2. Default

Booster is a whooping 2 levels of speed difference though. Even an insignificant speed boost like from fast(5) Crusher to fast(4) Crusher -- one of which takes barely 6.7% more cast time than the other) -- is noticeable enough in training.

3. Default

Yeah, it's fairly easy for me to tell the difference between even Slow(7) and Normal(6) BWs - which with Booster are going at 80 and 83.3 swings per minute respectively, one of the smaller differences in weapon speed afaik (most are about 8-10 attacks a minute, outside slow attacks like Crusher). It changes the attack timing especially in certain areas, due to the haphazard KB model in MS.

4. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Palacious
    Server: Kradia
    Job: White Knight
    usa

If you already knock the master back, and it doesn't decrease the number of hits it takes to kill the monster, then what's the point? I understand that over time the relatively small increases stack up to a noticeable one, but we're discussing the difference between weapon types.

Regardless, I'd use a 1H sword for any class that can use it - carabellas are only 3 w.att worse than stone tooths and they're just as fast, and a lot cheaper; factor in the shield and you've got a fast attacking, stronger weapon.

5. Default

1h weapons are also pug ugly. 2h for life.

6. Won't Be Coming Back

usa

Really? The carabella is just a smaller version of its 2H counterpart.

7. Default

Everything except Aran booster was -2 by the time it's maxed, Arans get -3.

8. Default

2h maple BW is hot go away.

9. Won't Be Coming Back

usa

Do you have a screenshot of the 1H one? All of the 1H BW's look MUCH better than 2H ones to me.

10. Default

No I don't. I can't find any in the FM. :(

11. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

Just felt like adding that (on my aran) using the arcglaive vs non-normal speed PAs. The swing speed feels ridiculously slow if I'm not using the arcglaive.

It is REALLY noticeable.

Also, on my corsair (early arse 4th job)...
    Cannon was doing like 5.5k per hit with okayish equips. Then i tossed on my aran's SCG and a few other good pieces of gear and the avg went up to 6.5k. I definitely noticed it. i wasn't actually looking at it first. I was just hunting HH and noticed that I was hitting better numbers.

Though not everyone, at least some people do tend to really notice these things.

12. Won't Be Coming Back

usa

What's important is the actually effect on your training speed, not the noticeability. Unlike attack speed, an increase in damage doesn't always translate to a direct increase in training speed. If you 2hko a monster with one set of equips, and then increase your damage, but still 2hko, then you haven't actually increased your training speed. This is especially true at higher levels when copious amounts of extra damage don't amount to a faster kill.