Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Canadian Minister of Defense admits Aliens are real and among us

My dream finally comes true.
    Canadian Minister of Defense holds conference to disclose what he believes to be the truth about UFO's and aliens. Watch and see for your self.

Pics or didn't happen?

2. Default Re: Canadian Minister of Defense admits Aliens are real and among us

In before this turns into a Chappelle's Show skit.

3. Default Re: Canadian Minister of Defense admits Aliens are real and among us

The thing is I'm skeptical but at the same time I'm not. We as a species need a "global" civilization in order to reach things like galactic space travel. To dumb it down refer to this;

Spoiler

Aliens or other life obviously live in this universe, but this "shadow" government seems like a negative label for something that could possibly be a method to reach these stages. Although I don't know the general end result that this possible organization may have, common sense is a method to advance us to the next stage.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Canadian Minister of Defense admits Aliens are real and among us

He lost all credibility when he said "Even Canada is a part of this plan"

Bullpomegranate, nobody cares about Canada.

5. Default Re: Canadian Minister of Defense admits Aliens are real and among us

BIG TALK COMING FROM ENGLAND

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Canada is Englands peach, I can say what I want. :P

7. Default Re: Canadian Minister of Defense admits Aliens are real and among us

I don't believe it. The vastness of the universe is enough to have me believe alien contact is nigh impossible. Unless creating wormholes, FTL travel and all that sci-fi mumbo jumbo is actually possible (which I am very doubtful of), traveling across the vastness of space would take far too long for alien life to reach us.

I know. Canadialand isn't even a real country!

8. Default Re: Canadian Minister of Defense admits Aliens are real and among us

We are a fledgling planet that barely even has the bottle out of it's mouth, and already we think we have mastered the laws of physics?

9. Default Re: Canadian Minister of Defense admits Aliens are real and among us

Lol, what are you basing that on? :S

10. Default Re: Canadian Minister of Defense admits Aliens are real and among us

All I can say is wow, I doubt many people would have the balls to say this while having such charge.
    Now I wonder if this will change anything or that they(the canadian goverment) will try to sweep under the rug.

@Link; I do belive there are races out there that could hava the power to travel at FTL speeds but the thing is, why would they come over here? Only thing I can think of is studying us just like we do with ants but aside from that I doubt anything else.

11. Proton

IGN: F'uck you.
    Server: F'uck you.
    Level: F U
    Job: F'uck you.
    Guild: F'uck you.
    Alliance: F'uck you.
    Farm: F'uck you.

He's been spewing this since 2005. Nobody is listening. And why is it odd that he has the balls to say these things? He's a near-90 year old retired politician. He can say anything he wants, he's not going to win any elections anymore. Hey, maybe you want to hear him expose the global financial system as a fraud? WELL HERE YOU GO!

Or perhaps you want to listen to him talk about 9/11?

Maybe he just wants to talk. Maybe he's insane. Maybe he has a point. I'm not a believer in UFOs anymore. If aliens are out there then dammit they should get here already and kill us or make our lives super-awesome. The waiting is a bi'tch.

12. Default Re: Canadian Minister of Defense admits Aliens are real and among us

That isn't even the biggest issue here; our entire system of measurement, physics, and laws of the universe, EVERYTHING we know, could be entirely incorrect and fundamentally flawed. If we layer flawed theory on flawed theory, eventually we will reach a point where nothing makes sense anymore and we need to either start from scratch, plateau intellectually, or get outside help. Based on our exponentially faster growth over the past few hundred years, I would guess that we are getting close to that point now. Here's the real question; do extraterrestrials even WANT us mingling with them? Our genetic data is so flawed, corruption so ingrained into our behavioral patterns, that they may just wipe us out as a threat to intergalactic peace rather than try to reach out to help. What of value can we possibly offer them?

13. Default Re: Canadian Minister of Defense admits Aliens are real and among us

I've lived in Canada for my whole life so far, and I've never heard of or seen this guy before.

14. Proton

IGN: F'uck you.
    Server: F'uck you.
    Level: F U
    Job: F'uck you.
    Guild: F'uck you.
    Alliance: F'uck you.
    Farm: F'uck you.

Same here. I had to Wikipedia him. Hell, if it wasn't for Peter MacKay's photo shoots in Afghanistan I would've forgot he was our current National Defense Minister. They're so forgettable because they rarely do anything that the public hears about. Plus I think many Canadians think that our Defense ministry is just a puppet of the US of A. We do whatever they or NATO says. Whenever you ask a Defense minister or anybody in security of our country they act like they know nothing until the US says something. There's some evidence against that, like when we said "Hey, that Syria thing is going to be bad, we should do something about that!" and 2 years later nobody has done nothing really other than Russia telling everyone to stay out of it or else. Canada doesn't have enough military power to interfere with anything anymore so we just go with what the big guys want.

Sorry about that, it's off-topic. Was just trying to give some back-story to what us Canadians think of our Ministry of Defense. They're pretty much ghosts.

15. Default Re: Canadian Minister of Defense admits Aliens are real and among us

That's an awful lot of "coulds" and "ifs".

16. Default Re: Canadian Minister of Defense admits Aliens are real and among us

Exactly! We don't even know if we know nothing or not.

17. Default Re: Canadian Minister of Defense admits Aliens are real and among us

I don't think any one with brains on this planet thinks we've mastered the laws of physics. Sure, we're still a fledgling for a planet, but the possibilities of there being a life form as smart as, or smarter than, us within reach of easily finding us, I would think is nigh improbable. It's possible, sure, since we don't even know our own galaxy very well, but I personally don't think it's very probable.

To me, it's not a "why," but more of a "how?" With the possibilities of such an advanced race being able to do things such as FTL travel and such being incredibly low, the chances of them being anywhere close enough to us to know we exist is even more unlikely. If they do exist, they're more than likely far, far away from us. How would they even know we exist or even find us?

18. Default Re: Canadian Minister of Defense admits Aliens are real and among us

Our radio waves can extend about 200 million lightyears before being useless; that's like, a pixel sized dot, on an overview of just the Milky Way. We are so primitive, our means of communication cannot reach them yet, and they don't even know we are here. Sure, 200 million lightyears is like a hundred thousand solar systems or something, but that is just...nothing. Even if the life:no life planet ratio is 0.00000001%, that could still be millions if not billions of planets, the universe is huge. The universe is so huge, even an advanced civilization would need SOME form of indication of where to start looking, in order to find our planet...planets with the absolute peak of technological advancement would know about us and every other planet with life, but they don't care about us; why should they, they are what humans would likely interpret to be gods, and that's how our relationship in all matters would be to them. A human can't help or harm a god, we are just toys of middling interest.

19. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Come on guys, we all know our galaxy is a marble that giant aliens play with.

20. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

So what he's saying is true except the weird parts.