IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Cash7 Maplestory not working after reformatting?

I just reformatted my computer, and can't seem to get Maple to work.
    I've tried adjusting it so that it runs in Windows XP Service Pack 3, to no avail.
    The hack shield and black cipher do their thing, and then I just get the crash report popup.
    Someone suggested that I download .netframework from the official microsoft website, and so I did but it didn't help.

It appears another person is having the same problem as me.

Anyone have ideas for a solution? I usually run from gamelauncher, but I've tried going through the website as well.

2. Default Re: Maplestory not working after reformatting?

I think the last time this happened to me, updating my graphics drivers is what seemed to fix the problem. I'd suggest trying to update the drivers of every piece of hardware you can.

Also try and see if it works with UAC turned off, if it isn't off already.

3. Default Re: Maplestory not working after reformatting?

Neither of you say what OS you're using, but I assume win 8?

4. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: Maplestory not working after reformatting?

I'm on 7. I refuse to update to 8, lol.

@Justin; I'll give that a try tomorrow and see what happens ;-;

5. Default Re: Maplestory not working after reformatting?

I have had this happen on certain machines. On a fresh installation, Maple defaults to running Full Screen. Maple seems to be really picky about full screen mode and certain drivers (particularly in the nVidia family). Because it can;t create the initial screen, it will crash out instead. THe only way past this is to edit the registry to put it into windowed mode. You can find the registry location in the 'Maple at Custom Resolutions" thread.

To give you an idea of how silly Maple can be about this, I have a WinXP machine running on a 1080p monitor on the other side of my room. WHen I installed Maple, I ran full screen without a problem. After the first time I put it into window mode, I can no longer get it back to full screen. It gives me an error every time and says my machine won't support it (even though it was already there once). I had this problem with 2 other machines. All 3 had nVidia cards.